Have you been satisfied or disappointed with the 2020 releases? (1 Viewer)

Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I’ll speak mainly for who I stan.

Stay Tonight was good for a prerelease, the MV and dance really carried it. BTS ON was a improvement, Black Swan I literally can’t remember it lol. Neither songs made me want to checkout the album🤷🏽‍♀️. Solar..I expected more but again the visuals and theme carry Spit Out. I haven’t checked out Moonbyul’s release I wasn’t interested in kpop at that time. Oh my god had great lyricism, choreography, and aesthetics but the composition of the song doesn’t make it interesting enough to be on repeat. Bom, CL and Minzy haven’t made major moves yet but I expect a lot from CL and Bom after 2019.

Wannabe is actually the song and mv I’ve been going back to but I’m sorry I find ITZY’s voices too childish to stan and listen to the whole EP (which I have)enjoyable😬. Apink was amazing!

In terms of BP it will be hype because it’s their once a year publicity stunt but music wise I’m not expecting anything different then what they’ve been doing since 2017. Though I feel like YG is going to pull a gimmick and have GD feature and/or produce their lead track. Maybe Teddy’s stopped being lazily and finally made a album which will probably be their only one.

TWICE has been really maturing aesthetically , thematically and conceptually. I’m excited for what they will do, I loved Fancy and Breakthrough last year. However on the charts they’re beens slipping at least with Feel Special. I think JYP should do what SM never did with SNSD and give them a song which composition, mv, and concept goes full mature pop Queen. Idk a prime BoA and Lil Touch but still with TWICE’s quirkinesses, no Lion/Holiday reverting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Dreamcatcher, IU, Eyedi, Yezi and Yeseo have all satisfied me with their releases. (Especially DC's latest album which has a ton of variety within the songs)

Taeyeon's releases have been enjoyable, however nothing like I, Fine or Four Seasons.

Whilst g idle, Itzy, Everglow etc have all been fine, but nothing special imo


IU's 'Eight' was only released today but so far I would say that it's my favourite release of 2020.




Eyedi, Yezi and Yeseo are underrated, and deserve a lot more recognition.




 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Quite satisfied, and it's been 4 months only. Lots of releases did seem to be comebacks "for the sake of a comeback". I am really disappointed with bgs this year, although some of them delivered (ONEUS, DONGKIZ, ASTRO, IMFACT). GGs on the other hand are way more superior and had one too many iconic comebacks. Cherry Bullet, Rocket Punch, Chung Ha, Apink, AleXa, LOONA, FAVORITE, to name just a few.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'm sort of meh with releases this year, there's not many but a handful that really stand out to me and some haven't aged very well over time. I like a few title tracks from groups I don't stan (Itzy, Apink, Onewe, Oneus), for groups I stan I haven't listened to Astro's new album yet, Ateez killed it (Answer is one of my new favorite songs ever and their b-sides are great imo), I liked SVT's Japanese release and Stray kids single. But I agree with you with BTS, I liked quite a few of the songs on the album but they're definitely not my favorite from BTS and I usually listen to their older stuff than the new album.
I feel like K-pop this year hasn't been my favorite, similar to 2018 for me personally, there's a few that I like a lot but the majority is just things that I think are maybe okay or just don't really like that much.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm sort of meh with releases this year, there's not many but a handful that really stand out to me and some haven't aged very well over time. I like a few title tracks from groups I don't stan (Itzy, Apink, Onewe, Oneus), for groups I stan I haven't listened to Astro's new album yet, Ateez killed it (Answer is one of my new favorite songs ever and their b-sides are great imo), I liked SVT's Japanese release and Stray kids single. But I agree with you with BTS, I liked quite a few of the songs on the album but they're definitely not my favorite from BTS and I usually listen to their older stuff than the new album.
I feel like K-pop this year hasn't been my favorite, similar to 2018 for me personally, there's a few that I like a lot but the majority is just things that I think are maybe okay or just don't really like that much.
Yes, ONEUS :pandalove:
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and Wingfrost

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread