COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Have you ever disliked a group because of their fandom? (1 Viewer)

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Be honest.

For me, yes. I ended up strongly disliking a certain group and maybe some others because of some bad apples from their fandoms.

I’ll admit that it was stupid to hate or dislike a group simply because of how their fandoms act. I’m sure these idols don’t like it when their fandom acts the way they do, but they probably can’t speak up about it because they might be at risk of losing fans. And some fandoms don’t like to listen either.

Moral of the story is, don’t hate the group. Hate the fandom for acting toxic. Unless if the group is problematic asf :taesip:

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
No, I haven't. I am sure a lot of people would consider some of my fandoms to be problematic but I try not to be at all myself

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Not really, I usually still listen to a group regardless of what I think about their fandom

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I can´t say that I dislike the group of that, I just dislike the fandom and hence I´m not calling myself "a stan" because I don´t want to be associated with that fandom. But it´s not the group´s fault their fans are crazy :D.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
Not really. I know that the group has nothing to do with it and would condemn the behavior if they saw it.

But I can understand why some would.

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
you know I have :nekoshy:
I kind of feel bad, but to me, fandoms are kind of reflections of their groups. If a fandom is acting terribly all the time, the group starts adopting the same traits in my mind.
I totally agree that this isn't really a reasonable way to go about disliking a group though.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
I did when I got back into K-Pop around 2017.

It's not exactly that I hated the group, but I didn't want to listen to them at all because I didn't want to interact with the fans. Which is dumb as hell to me now, especially with how I mostly lurk and don't heavily interact with fans anyway, but at the time I was getting back into K-Pop and actually wanted to connect with other fans, so the fans of this particular group made me avoid the group itself.

Now, I listen to the group in general, though I don't stan them.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
It is a factor like say.
I do not listen to Bg much i watch a few performances but the fans were so annoying i blew em off.
for gg its usually the cherry on top of groups i didnt like in the first place.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
kind of, but it mostly happened to fandoms I was already somewhat in that I left later on :wimwim:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Honestly, yeah. I don't really feel bad about it because it's not like I'm writing hate comments about them or their members. I just don't click any articles or stuff about them. I keep my thoughts to myself :)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Yeah a bit :nekosweat:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
a lot of people look down on this behavior but i think humans actually do this subconsciously due to our guilt by association fallacy.

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Not at all, seeing as i've been part of one of the most hated fandoms in all of kpop since 2014 and knowing the frustration i've constantly felt from people hating my favourite groups because of the more vocal members of the fandom it would be stupid for me to go do it myself

PWSwan

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Psycho
Pronouns
She/her
Yes, especially when they try to convince me that the music is worth listening to AFTER I listened to it and found it wanting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread