Have you ever gone to a book festival? (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I never had the chance. :< But I'm curious about it and I hope to go someday! Tell us how was it after you come back.
I'm here to report back @perhapz. As expected book festivals are super fun! Basically, in the one I went to, they had a bunch of authors who had similar book topics (i.e. Love, Mystery, Mental Health, etc.) and they put them together in 40 minute panels where they discussed the topics and also answered fan questions. I got to go to 3 of them. If you're curious what they were:
The first one I went to was about Self Love featuring authors Ellen Hagan, Julie Murphy, Renée Watson, and Alicia D. Williams. The second one was about Suspense/Mystery featuring authors Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Brittany Cavallaro, and Karen M. McManus. The third was about World Building featuring Dhonielle Clayton, Somaiya Daud, Stephanie Garber, Alex London, Tehlor Kay Mejia, and Lilliam Rivera. All super interesting.
Then after the panels near the end of the day, I bought like 3 books and got them signed. There was also a lot of booths where you could get free stuff and places where they sold food. It was really really fun and I highly recommend going to one if you ever get the chance.
 

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & 🍀
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm here to report back @perhapz. As expected book festivals are super fun! Basically, in the one I went to, they had a bunch of authors who had similar book topics (i.e. Love, Mystery, Mental Health, etc.) and they put them together in 40 minute panels where they discussed the topics and also answered fan questions. I got to go to 3 of them. If you're curious what they were:
The first one I went to was about Self Love featuring authors Ellen Hagan, Julie Murphy, Renée Watson, and Alicia D. Williams. The second one was about Suspense/Mystery featuring authors Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Brittany Cavallaro, and Karen M. McManus. The third was about World Building featuring Dhonielle Clayton, Somaiya Daud, Stephanie Garber, Alex London, Tehlor Kay Mejia, and Lilliam Rivera. All super interesting.
Then after the panels near the end of the day, I bought like 3 books and got them signed. There was also a lot of booths where you could get free stuff and places where they sold food. It was really really fun and I highly recommend going to one if you ever get the chance.
Oh, that's sounds very fun. I went to some anime/manga conventions in the past, and going to a books-related one would be a new for me. I hope I can go to one in the future. :>
Btw, which books did you buy?
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Oh, that's sounds very fun. I went to some anime/manga conventions in the past, and going to a books-related one would be a new for me. I hope I can go to one in the future. :>
Btw, which books did you buy?
I'm the opposite, I haven't gone to any anime or manga conventions at all, but I would like to. I feel like ti would be fun. I think this was actually the first convention type thing I've gone too and it was super fun. The books I bought were:

Children of Blood and Bone (the cover was super pretty and I heard a lot of people say it was good)
One of Us Is Lying (haven't read this one yet either, but my book club all seem to have read it and told me it was really great, so I got it)
and The School For Good and Evil (I read it when I was in Middle School so I bought it physically).
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: lexus and perhapz

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: lexus and NogaNono
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I went to one once with a friend.. and we bought a Twlilight book together 😅
Hey, I won't judge, if you enjoy it then you enjoy it!~ One of my friends likes Twilight too, I personally can't stand it though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus and kodoku
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It was years ago before the movies haha.. I don't think it's a good book/movie series... but at the time, I enjoyed it :)
Yeah, I guess if I read it when I was younger I probably would've enjoyed it too, haha.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus and kodoku
D

Deleted member 74

I have and I loved every second of it :pandahappy:Have fun as much as possible and take a look around at all the stalls
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque
Joined
14 December 2019
Messages
171
Reactions Received
548
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
lol no

really want to though
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread