- Joined
- 24 February 2019
- Messages
- 3,675
- Reactions Received
- 13,340
- Location
- Idol Hell
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
I’m going to one tomorrow and I’m really excited. For those of you who went to one, do you have any advice/tips?
I'm here to report back @perhapz. As expected book festivals are super fun! Basically, in the one I went to, they had a bunch of authors who had similar book topics (i.e. Love, Mystery, Mental Health, etc.) and they put them together in 40 minute panels where they discussed the topics and also answered fan questions. I got to go to 3 of them. If you're curious what they were:I never had the chance. :< But I'm curious about it and I hope to go someday! Tell us how was it after you come back.
Oh, that's sounds very fun. I went to some anime/manga conventions in the past, and going to a books-related one would be a new for me. I hope I can go to one in the future. :>I'm here to report back @perhapz. As expected book festivals are super fun! Basically, in the one I went to, they had a bunch of authors who had similar book topics (i.e. Love, Mystery, Mental Health, etc.) and they put them together in 40 minute panels where they discussed the topics and also answered fan questions. I got to go to 3 of them. If you're curious what they were:Then after the panels near the end of the day, I bought like 3 books and got them signed. There was also a lot of booths where you could get free stuff and places where they sold food. It was really really fun and I highly recommend going to one if you ever get the chance.The first one I went to was about Self Love featuring authors Ellen Hagan, Julie Murphy, Renée Watson, and Alicia D. Williams. The second one was about Suspense/Mystery featuring authors Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Brittany Cavallaro, and Karen M. McManus. The third was about World Building featuring Dhonielle Clayton, Somaiya Daud, Stephanie Garber, Alex London, Tehlor Kay Mejia, and Lilliam Rivera. All super interesting.
I'm the opposite, I haven't gone to any anime or manga conventions at all, but I would like to. I feel like ti would be fun. I think this was actually the first convention type thing I've gone too and it was super fun. The books I bought were:Oh, that's sounds very fun. I went to some anime/manga conventions in the past, and going to a books-related one would be a new for me. I hope I can go to one in the future. :>
Btw, which books did you buy?
I did! I was kinda nervous at first because people but I ended up having a blast!~I love book festivals, all the advice I can give you is have fun
That's so goodI did! I was kinda nervous at first because people but I ended up having a blast!~
Hey, I won't judge, if you enjoy it then you enjoy it!~ One of my friends likes Twilight too, I personally can't stand it though.I went to one once with a friend.. and we bought a Twlilight book together 😅
It was years ago before the movies haha.. I don't think it's a good book/movie series... but at the time, I enjoyed it :)Hey, I won't judge, if you enjoy it then you enjoy it!~ One of my friends likes Twilight too, I personally can't stand it though.
Yeah, I guess if I read it when I was younger I probably would've enjoyed it too, haha.It was years ago before the movies haha.. I don't think it's a good book/movie series... but at the time, I enjoyed it :)