Have you ever stan a group or a soloist because of another Kpop group/soloist ? (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I have checked out groups because of
A. relationship/ company of groups or other Idols.
B. Covers of a group, most usually SNSD. ( i have also killed groups because of bad covers)

But each group I stan won me over by themselves.

For example i looked at fx because of Krystal/ Jessica and Victoria on IY1 i followed them for years until i staned them by my definition in 2015.
IY1 and 2 got me to look at/follow some groups i may never have payed attention too. None of which i ended up staning except fx.

Both OMG and Lovelyz caught my attention with snsd covers on WI.

And i was probably somewhat pre-disposed towards Eunbi and Chaewon because of Lovelyz and Woollim.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
not really? like I have been with Block B since their debut and due to really being into then I followed what Mino did ( cause he used to be part of the line up and had to leave suddenly before debut)
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Mino. I will follow him until the end of time. :pikahappy:
same. I just appreciate him so much and his talents are just everything. :pikahappy: he really is one of the best
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I stanned TVXQ because of Super Junior
Suju and TVXQ have a really strong relationship and so have the fandoms: we see each other as sisters/brothers and got each others backs
Basically every ELF I know stan TVXQ because of the tight relationship both groups and fandoms have
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Sort of. I knew about Apink and BtoB from their debuts, and started stanning them around the same time (NoNoNo/Thriller eras). BtoPink is life, it’s impossible to stan one without also loving the other.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Sort of. I knew about Apink and BtoB from their debuts, and started stanning them around the same time (NoNoNo/Thriller eras). BtoPink is life, it’s impossible to stan one without also loving the other.
I might be the exception then. I have nothing against BTOB but I was never interested in them though I saw a lot of theirs interactions with Apink.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Some you were into Gfriend during a while ? May I ask you why did you lose interest then ?
I usually get into a group because I love their music. Liking is not enough; that's good only for adding songs to a playlist, but not for following a group. That's the case with Gfriend; I stilll have a few of their songs on my playlists (Fingertip). If the discography is like that; I need something more to start following. In Gfriend's case it was a parallel that was established between both groups; Dreamcatcher being a dark version of Gfriend. That proved to be not enough to keep my interest and as it weared off, so happened with my overall interest with the group. However, I only reached the casual fan level; I never was a stan.

So stanning a group through another one... never really has happened to me, but Gfriend was the closest.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I usually get into a group because I love their music. Liking is not enough; that's good only for adding songs to a playlist, but not for following a group. That's the case with Gfriend; I stilll have a few of their songs on my playlists (Fingertip). If the discography is like that; I need something more to start following. In Gfriend's case it was a parallel that was established between both groups; Dreamcatcher being a dark version of Gfriend. That proved to be not enough to keep my interest and as it weared off, so happened with my overall interest with the group. However, I only reached the casual fan level; I never was a stan.

So stanning a group through another one... never really has happened to me, but Gfriend was the closest.
I feel the same about a lot of groups like Twice.
I am a casual Gfriend fan too. I can’t imagine myself staninng them though I really love theirs songs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Michael

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread