Have you ever volunteered? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I volunteered to clean after the floods when I was at high school. We "volunteered" aka were given the option of classes or volunteering, we all agreed to volunteer but only 3 of us ended up working because the princesses and princes were just too busy chatting and throwing things at each other. In general, I didn´t mind it, but we were promised some snacks and they were horrible. Also my teacher praised our hard work and absolutely ignored that most of the class did absolutely nothing. I was like ... what?

the second time I volunteered was for working as a carer for people with mental and physical difficulties. I didn´t mind the work, apart from the fact that literally no one thanked me for anything like wiping their butts. I went once again the following year because I wanted to give it a try and I felt like I owe this world something for giving me two working legs. The treatment was horrible from all the sides so I gave up on it.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I've volunteered at a couple of different animal shelters. The one I stayed at the longest was a cat rescue. Personally, I loved it. Not just because I took care of some super sweet cats but because the other volunteers were weird and artistic like me.

I also helped out at a nursing home at some point. It was an interesting experience. It's not for everyone one lady hated me one time and was giving me a hard time and then the next time was absolutely in love with me. ( I believe she had dementia-but I liked her). It was also interesting trying to show them how to wii bowl...it did not go well.
 

Kamistar

I'm gonna be a star
.
Joined
23 June 2021
Messages
7,244
Reactions Received
18,851
Location
Jessicaland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Fandom
Exo-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Yeah, I help to distribute food/toys on some communities on christmas since I was a kid, I absolutely love it
We visit the families, play with the kids and I learn many things + have the chance of growing up as person
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,063
Reactions Received
52,514
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,093
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Ive volunteered a lot, Most I didn't like.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tickita

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,081
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,408
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
To graduate high school we had to do 40 or more hours of community service to graduate. I volunteered for community suppers to get a few hours until I strated volunteering at the library two summers in a row. First summer was restocking shelves, packaging books to be shipped to other branches, helping order new releases, etc. The second summer they had a reading camp for kids, I helped organized crafts, read to them in storytime (I’d read an English story, and the other person would read the french story because I don’t know much French).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tickita

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Yes, various things, in charity shops, youth clubs, food drive things... They were fun.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tickita

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread