COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Official Have You Met ___? Event (1 Viewer)

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck

Welcome to the "Have You Met ___?" Event!!!

Revised 04/25/23

You all may wonder a few things...
...what's this event about?
...can I win something?
...did they take this from the show "How I Met Your Mother?"
It's definitely a yes to this one.

How to get involved.png

But, seriously, let me explain:
"Have You Met ____?" is an event where users who are stans of lesser known artists get the opportunity to promote their favorite artists for a whole month on KpopSource. This promotion would not only include a banner on the main page of the site, but also a dedicated thread to the artists made by an events member to lay out all the basic information of your artist along with a playlist (for various platforms) and other great things!
Sounds amazing, right? The best part of this: this will be a routine event (similar to UOTM) and will be happening every month with new artists displayed constantly on KS!

How to get involved (1).png

Submit an Artist

1. In order to be considered for your artist's promotion, you will need to make a thread in one of the following sections: K-Chill / Japan / China / Thailand / Planet Earth. This would be an appreciation thread about your artist with some basic information (this does not have to be extensive), unique reasons why other people should stan your artist, and any other things that you feel like would be appropriate. I want to highlight this: this is a competition in the end, thus, the prettier, more organized, and more interesting the thread is, the higher is the chance of winning.

2. Fill out the form below to submit your nomination:

Click Here

Afterwards, the Events team will sit down and evaluate all of the submissions and pick a winner for the next promotion period based on the quality of the thread and presentation of their artist!
However, as you can see by the last option: in the case that you do not win this promotion period, your thread can be reentered at a later time for another chance to win the promotion. We added this option as we have realized that those who put extensive work into their threads may be disappointed by having to start over. Thus, you can simply reenter your thread again later if you choose to not redo your thread.

I also want to stress that all google forms submission will be deleted once a winner has been presented. Thus, it's essential that you either submit or resubmit your form if you want to be nominated for the next promotion period.

Review an Artist

1. Every month we ask 3-5 users to write a review for the upcoming HYM artist.

2. We ask that once an event member reveals to you the artist for that month (and that you’ll be listening to) that you do NOT converse with others on the forum about it.

3. You are free to choose which songs you’d like to listen to but we’d like for you to choose ones from the artists most recent album(s).

4. You cannot be a reviewer if you have sent in a submission for that month.

5. Earn points, and potentially discover your next artist to add to your library.

How to get involved (2).png

Winner Prizes

1. A custom banner made by the Graphics team that will be displaced on the front page of the site.

2. This banner will be linked to an informational thread that will be written by an Events team member with a brief introduction of the artist, a mention of the latest comeback and their debut (with MV's embedded into the thread), and a link to the artist thread if available.

3. Playlists will be made with the debut song, comeback songs, and recommended b-sides. This will be prepared in Spotify and YouTube formats which will also be linked in the thread!

4. Lastly, your appreciation thread will be linked as well!

Also, as a new addition, you will also be able to win prizes for yourself! That is,
if you participate in the event and win, you win 250 coins and will have the choice to either win a GIF badge or a random rare card, along with the other things that were previously promised!

In order for you get your prize, we simply ask that you either request your random rare card in the cards request thread or dm and @Awards member for the gif badge!

The request would look like this:

Username: Panda
Reason: Have You Met Event Winner

The cards team is already aware of this and I will verify with them on who the winner is!

Other Prizes

1. Submitters - If you submit your artist to be chosen for next month BUT aren't picked, you will get 100 coins for participating in the event.

2. Reviewers - If you review an HYM artist, you will get 50 coins

How to get involved (3).png

1 month split into this:
First 3 weeks (from the 1st to the 21st): Submission Time for the Threads made by You!
From the 22nd to the end of month: Events Team will vote for the Winner and prepare for their Promotion
Next Month: Promotion of your Artist starts which lasts for the next month
(at the same time, this cycle would start over again immediately the first day of the month)

Next Submission Period: 4/1 - 4/21

Next Promotion Period: April

Last edited by a moderator:

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
so excited this is finally posted

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
So they have to be korean?
for now! since this event is new, we want to try out how it will work, so korean would be best since our staff team is only familiar with those groups

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
for now! since this event is new, we want to try out how it will work, so korean would be best since our staff team is only familiar with those groups
And how do you classify “lesser known artists” ?

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
And how do you classify “lesser known artists” ?
like types of groups who would be considered mid-tier or low-tier in terms of popularity, groups most people don't talk about

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Im excited to see what you all have!! :)))) make it pretty and ill pull my punches :susPepe: jk jk don't fire me guys :nekopout:

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Sounds fun

Give rocket punch a try!!!

lol

max effort there :)

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Last edited:

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
so wait, do we start now, or...? Cuz if I've only got until Thursday KST to make my thread... :jisoosmh: !

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
so wait, do we start now, or...? Cuz if I've only got until Thursday KST to make my thread... :jisoosmh: !
yesss you start now~
don't be too shy to try tbh, it's really meant to be an appreciation thread more than anything

Areum

Seongwha's Wife
Reactions Received
Website
www.instagram.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
She/Her/#1 ATINY
Ship
So, I can make a thread about a nugu group I love, but do I have to make the banner for it myself? :tenconfused:

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
So, I can make a thread about a nugu group I love, but do I have to make the banner for it myself? :tenconfused:
nope, all you have to do is make the appreciation thread, the banner and the playlists and everything else will be made by the events and staff team!

Areum

Seongwha's Wife
Reactions Received
Website
www.instagram.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
She/Her/#1 ATINY
Ship
nope, all you have to do is make the appreciation thread, the banner and the playlists and everything else will be made by the events and staff team!
So I can make one today? I'm not too late tho am I?

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
So I can make one today? I'm not too late tho am I?
yesss! The next submission deadline is September 11th! So you can go ahead and make your thread and fill out the google form above to submit your thread to us as an entry! If you want a good example thread, we always link the winning appreciation thread in our winner thread (just click on the Lee Hi's Have You Met banner on the home page and scroll down, Chae's was a really good submission)

Areum

Seongwha's Wife
Reactions Received
Website
www.instagram.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
She/Her/#1 ATINY
Ship
yesss! The next submission deadline is September 11th! So you can go ahead and make your thread and fill out the google form above to submit your thread to us as an entry! If you want a good example thread, we always link the winning appreciation thread in our winner thread (just click on the Lee Hi's Have You Met banner on the home page and scroll down, Chae's was a really good submission)
THANKS!!

Areum

Seongwha's Wife
Reactions Received
Website
www.instagram.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
She/Her/#1 ATINY
Ship
One more question, (sorry) which section do I put it under?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread