Intro Hello everyone! (1 Viewer)

Joined
15 November 2020
Messages
11,086
Reactions Received
11,556
Location
we like it like
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11,767
Fandom
zeroady
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Hi everyone! My name is Sara from Vancouver, WA. I'm still new with learning about K-Pop, and I am currently doing a research paper on how K-Pop became such an icon in Korea for my Introduction to Anthropology Class. I've always had an interest in Japanese culture, but I wanted to dive into learning about Korean culture, and I discovered K-Pop (and trot) as a result, which leads me to here in order to learn more! I sadly do not know much, but I'm always eager to expand my knowledge about other cultures. I find that the best way to learn is from another persons' perspective(s) that has lived in or experienced the Korean culture firsthand. I apologize if this comes off as weird...
Thank you for having me here, and I look forward to learning more about the Korean culture from everyone!
Dang it i thought ur from Vancouver Canada i-

Late welcome <3
 
Joined
16 October 2021
Messages
14
Reactions Received
24
Location
Vancouver, WA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I’m not quite sure if I’m understanding what you’re asking but I’ll definitely say being a kpop fan is a little more normalized now than it is back then. However not perfect and there are still judgemental people, with the rise of many kpop acts innthe west it has become more accepted
I apologize, I'm just not too familiar with South Korean culture, I guess Im wondering what the cultural norms are within the country, if that makes sense? I 'm sorry again, I'm still trying to learn and understand from a different perspective on South Korean culture, and how K-Pop ties into it.
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I apologize, I'm just not too familiar with South Korean culture, I guess Im wondering what the cultural norms are within the country, if that makes sense? I 'm sorry again, I'm still trying to learn and understand from a different perspective on South Korean culture, and how K-Pop ties into it.
In that case maybe look into the normalization of men wearing makeup, the use of traditional instruments in kpop, etc
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread