Intro Hello everyone! (1 Viewer)

Joined
16 October 2021
Messages
14
Reactions Received
24
Location
Vancouver, WA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Hey, welcome!

Anthropolgy classes are super cool! I took one in high school

I’d say I’m kinda known around here for liking a lot of kpop groups so if you need any help feel free to ask
Sure, I appreciate it! I really love both my Anthropology and my Intercultural Communication. I've learned a lot in the last 4 weeks since starting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: litc
Joined
16 October 2021
Messages
14
Reactions Received
24
Location
Vancouver, WA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Hi Hi Hello!
Im eudximoniia, soon to be known as hottysheral!
Call me xi!
I can help with ANYTHING n EVERYTHING w questions you have abt the forum!!
Especially, tech thingssss.
The biggest swith here btw!!
Thank you so much! I'm still exploring with KPop, but I love the genre so far! I'm still trying to build up a list of questions to help my project, thank you again!
 
  • Like
Reactions: litc

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Sure, I appreciate it! I really love both my Anthropology and my Intercultural Communication. I've learned a lot in the last 4 weeks since starting.
That's great! Are there any groups you are interested in learning about in particular? Or more about the companies and the industry?
 
  • Like
Reactions: litc and RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,712
Reactions Received
93,511
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,443
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by stan. I apologize :pandasad:
Stan is a verb. meaning to super support.
its common in kpop for ppl to obsess over just one or a few groups.

I kinda look at it as where do you spend your time/money. Whom do you follow on sm ect.

so for me i spend more time and Money over all (not every day ) on SNSD RV and IZ*ONE along with the rest of the groups in my signature.
 
  • Like
Reactions: litc and Xatai

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,173
Reactions Received
46,831
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,974
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Stan is a verb. meaning to super support.
its common in kpop for ppl to obsess over just one or a few groups.

I kinda look at it as where do you spend your time/money. Whom do you follow on sm ect.

so for me i spend more time and Money over all (not every day ) on SNSD RV and IZ*ONE along with the rest of the groups in my signature.
yeah, what he said. :)
 
Joined
16 October 2021
Messages
14
Reactions Received
24
Location
Vancouver, WA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
That's great! Are there any groups you are interested in learning about in particular? Or more about the companies and the industry?
I'm mostly just looking into K-Pop and Trot for now. So far, I've become a bit of a fan of BTS and EXO, but I'm still actively listening to build up my favorites! I would like to know more about companies and the industry within Korea, but my main focus on my research is how it took off since Psy released Gangnam Style, which boosted the K-Pop genre from there. So far, I did a bit of research that it was quite limited in terms of television and radio, and that talent contests were a norm back then. But so far, that's where I'm at in my research!
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor and litc

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm mostly just looking into K-Pop and Trot for now. So far, I've become a bit of a fan of BTS and EXO, but I'm still actively listening to build up my favorites! I would like to know more about companies and the industry within Korea, but my main focus on my research is how it took off since Psy released Gangnam Style, which boosted the K-Pop genre from there. So far, I did a bit of research that it was quite limited in terms of television and radio, and that talent contests were a norm back then. But so far, that's where I'm at in my research!
If you wanna continue into television you could mention the rise of Squid game. And as for BTS you can talk about their constant records - but they aren’t the onky group to have travelled to the west. Psy, Wonder Girls and Big Bang are a few
 
Joined
16 October 2021
Messages
14
Reactions Received
24
Location
Vancouver, WA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
If you wanna continue into television you could mention the rise of Squid game. And as for BTS you can talk about their constant records - but they aren’t the onky group to have travelled to the west. Psy, Wonder Girls and Big Bang are a few
I was actually going to put Squid Game into my paper as well, thank you! I'm just looking through and trying to figure out which scholarly articles will help my paper. It requires 5 in total, sadly.. My two of three topics in the paper is how K-Pop skyrocketed since 2012's 'Gangnam Style' with Psy, with my second topic being what technology was like in the 1900s before K-Pop jumped into the scene.
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I was actually going to put Squid Game into my paper as well, thank you! I'm just looking through and trying to figure out which scholarly articles will help my paper. It requires 5 in total, sadly.. My two of three topics in the paper is how K-Pop skyrocketed since 2012's 'Gangnam Style' with Psy, with my second topic being what technology was like in the 1900s before K-Pop jumped into the scene.
The kpop world was definitely very different before psy’s massive hit!
 
Joined
16 October 2021
Messages
14
Reactions Received
24
Location
Vancouver, WA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
The kpop world was definitely very different before psy’s massive hit!
What was it like before Psy stepped in? I apologize, I'm not too familar with the customs in South Korea, other than my research. It sounded like radio and tv was very limited to talent shows and radio broadcasts from them.
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
What was it like before Psy stepped in? I apologize, I'm not too familar with the customs in South Korea, other than my research. It sounded like radio and tv was very limited to talent shows and radio broadcasts from them.
Speaking as an international fan who wasnt even a teenager at the time, the way we consumed media was different. Lightsticks were a new concept, first started by big bang. Touring in the US was a new things: Psy, Wonder Girls and Big Bang were among some of the first acts to do so, now we have kpop groups like BTS and BlackPink regulariy coming to the states. Streaming MVs is another concept that was not very common either, nowadays views are very important and if you compare the views of a 2nd gen act to now you can see how big kpop has grown
 
Joined
16 October 2021
Messages
14
Reactions Received
24
Location
Vancouver, WA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Speaking as an international fan who wasnt even a teenager at the time, the way we consumed media was different. Lightsticks were a new concept, first started by big bang. Touring in the US was a new things: Psy, Wonder Girls and Big Bang were among some of the first acts to do so, now we have kpop groups like BTS and BlackPink regulariy coming to the states. Streaming MVs is another concept that was not very common either, nowadays views are very important and if you compare the views of a 2nd gen act to now you can see how big kpop has grown
Ah, very interesting. I'll definitely have to add that to my research findings. Is there anything from an insider's perspective that you might be able to help me with? I still have to collect some more information about the cultural side of k-pop, like how it affected culture back then to how it affects culture now, if that makes any sense?
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Ah, very interesting. I'll definitely have to add that to my research findings. Is there anything from an insider's perspective that you might be able to help me with? I still have to collect some more information about the cultural side of k-pop, like how it affected culture back then to how it affects culture now, if that makes any sense?
I’m not quite sure if I’m understanding what you’re asking but I’ll definitely say being a kpop fan is a little more normalized now than it is back then. However not perfect and there are still judgemental people, with the rise of many kpop acts innthe west it has become more accepted
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread