Appreciation Holland is not actually the first openly gay solo k-idol (4 Viewers)

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
That is true. But doesn't working under SM for 4 years count as being an idol?

That's good that MRSHLL is being supported.
Sorry I want to clarify. I would consider Maman an idol yes, but not MRSHLL.

Plus people always seem to forget gay women exist when they say "gay" :/
 
  • Like
Reactions: spicy_illusion
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Sorry I want to clarify. I would consider Maman an idol yes, but not MRSHLL.

Plus people always seem to forget gay women exist when they say "gay" :/
Oh I see haha sorry for misunderstanding 🙂
So that would make Holland the second openly gay idol then.
I think even Holland claims he's the first as well though, but of course I can't blame him as he most likely knows nothing about Maman.
And of course we need Holland on the scene as he is the first openly gay male idol, but we also need Maman as she's the first female as well.

Yes, that is the problem. People only see gay women as 'lesbians' and although I have no problems with that and it is what gay women are, there is still bad stigma surrounding that word which really shouldn't be the case. People have taken the word 'lesbian' and have given it a bad name.

Many people think the word 'gay' only associates to gay men.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Wow her voice is soo good I wish she had more recognition
Me too! I will always support her, she needs more love and I feel she is the type of artist where many people will love her music if she was promoted properly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moonbinlove
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
1,097
Reactions Received
2,827
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Me too! I will always support her, she needs more love and I feel she is the type of artist where many people will love her music if she was promoted properly.
I’ll support her to hopefully her company will learn to promote her properly
 
  • Love
Reactions: spicy_illusion
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I’ll support her to hopefully her company will learn to promote her properly
Unfortunately, for her company to promote her more, she needs more support for her streaming videos, etc, but she really is hardly known :pandasad:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moonbinlove
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I heard about her story. It’s sad. Must be hard for her to face society judgement since she made her coming-out. She is strong.
Yes, imagine the backlash she would have had to face.
She still has a couple of songs on Spotify though. She has 741 monthly listeners right now :pandasad::pandabeg:
I think we should make it our mission to try and make her more known, at least then she can have a real chance.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Yes, imagine the backlash she would have had to face.
She still has a couple of songs on Spotify though. She has 741 monthly listeners right now :pandasad::pandabeg:
I think we should make it our mission to try and make her more known, at least then she can have a real chance.

I agree. I listened a couple of songs from her and it’s good.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I agree. I listened a couple of songs from her and it’s good.
She does also have a YouTube channel as well, she's posted some vlogs on there recently but then deleted them again for some reason.
But she has her YouTube name under Magolpy and not Maman.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread