Horrors of Regifting (1 Viewer)

Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
So, I'm going through a situation right now where I bought a gift for someone three years ago and they told me that they needed it... and I said Well I gave you one 3 years ago for Christmas... and then they said they had given it to someone else for Christmas. It was annoying since it was something that I believe was out of print and would be a collector's item and then they give it to someone else. What was really irritating was that they admitted that they had regifted it. I'm not that old, but isn't regifting considered to be a faux pas?

When you found out someone regifted something you gave them were you mad? If you haven't experienced someone regifting something you gave them, what would be your reaction if it happened to you?
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,082
Reactions Received
52,516
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,191
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I know my brother threw away all his music, to focus on his daughters.
Some of those cds I gave him, so it was very annoying.

He could have asked if I wanted them as well.

Double whammy.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: raymondchouku
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I know my brother threw away all his music, to focus on his daughters.
I don't understand how having albums would detract from focusing on your kid. I mean you could still have them and not listen to them, right? I mean I have a closet full of comics that I don't really re-read. Or was it a space issue?
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,082
Reactions Received
52,516
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,191
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I don't understand how having albums would detract from focusing on your kid. I mean you could still have them and not listen to them, right? I mean I have a closet full of comics that I don't really re-read. Or was it a space issue?
It was a space issue in its entirety.
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread