How Did You Get Into Kpop? (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Back in 2009, I read a magazine and one article recommended Gee. I watched it and didn't like it; I thought it was kids' music. Then in 2012, I was a regular in a chatroom; one week, they advertised their Gangnam Style. I hadn't watched it at that point, so I checked it out and was hooked immediately. Eventually, one of the recommendations on one of the Psy videos was Gee, so I watched it again; my opinion hadn't changed. I've stayed more to the weird side of Kpop ever since (Crayon Pop, Norazo, BEG's Warm Hole, etc.).
Gee is kpop legend!

:pikagun:


But you stan CRAYON POP. So I'll let it slide!

CRAYON POP is that group.

Favorite CRAYON POP song?
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Then I somehow a video with Gee as the background music.
The song was super catchy but I was in my anti-cuteness, above feminity phase.
Couldn't stop thinking about it to where I looked up the original video.
Was confused and excited by everything from the aesthetics to the adorable girl in green shorts
and cool yellow-short girl
to the sound of the Korean language.
Vowed to make it my only kpop song.
Eventually couldn't resist and looked up the next song recommended. Could not recognize a single girl but got whipped for the bossy chick with the good English

Looked up another and fell for this

Vowed to make them the only group. Didn't last a month
We're all glad you succumbed.

Can't resist Heaven for too long!
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Sure I have watched plenty of drama steming form Jdrama into K but I hadn't gotten INTO kpop at all.

That all changed when my old co-worker who had a second job as a DJ got free Big Bang tickets. Then he just won't STFU about tickets and BB. So I checked out BB and re-looked up "Jeremy's" actors band and the rest is history.
 
D

Deleted member 74

It's a funny story that I even got into it. So in 10'th grade, I sat with a group in school that were all into Kpop. I had one "friend" in it, she was a pretty terrible person to me but during the times where we sat with that group, we would mock them because they were really into it, to the point where they would hold fashion shows at each other's houses holding posters of their favourite Kpop boys. I didn't mock it because I was racist or something like that, I was just a bit prejudiced because I was sick of being the odd one out. It's not like I'm now a fan to the extent where I'd hold fashion shows like that though :') That "friend" of mine was the only one in that group I had classes with, she also liked Kpop but not to the point where she'd do cringy things or exclude me. She would force me to listen along to Kpop songs and watch Kdramas in class, I heard many before I heard Mr Mr by Snsd. I liked it and found the mv cool, so I went home and listened to it again. After a while, I thought it wouldn't be so bad to keep researching into it and learn more about Kpop. I got into Snsd, then kept learning more and more. That was all in the middle of 2016. So I actually got into it after I left that group, and then when I was in 12'th grade (2018), I told one of the people in that group I was into it and she was shocked because of my attitude towards it before, we laughed it off together and I fixed my problems with the people in that group (We had a huge fight before I left the group).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
more causal ~ March 2018, clicked on a reaction video to BTS - Blood sweat and tears ( had zero clue about Kpop ) , after watching the MV, got recommended to more vids.. and that's where it happened ! Blackpink, to be exact, it was JENNIE in this video.. the rest is history
( i was like, omg who is sheee, ahhhhhhhh )

:jisoosmh:

 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
I was together with some friends once and one of them played BTS’s song DNA. I fell in love with it and was a fan of only them for about a year until a different friend showed me NCT and Loona. I loved them too, so much that they later became my favorites.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
It was early/mid 2016 and I was a huge fan of anime. I knew about kpop since 2015 because there were a few people who used to really like it in my class but I mostly didn't care for it. I don't think I was ever prejudiced against it - I just preferred my Jrock and anime. I normally say that my very first exposure to kpop (apart from Psy) was my friend showing me BTS by Dope but now that I think about it, it was actually EXO's Overdose. My friend showed me that one first without the sound. I listened to Dope with the sound and I was immediately hooked. I was still a causal fan until late 2016/early 2017 when I started stanning lots of groups as well as getting into girl groups as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Emanresu and yeji

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
My friend sent some songs she thought I might like. I was into jrock back then so it wasn't that different.. or well kinda was now that i think of it, but I mean I was used to listening languages I didn't know off and just something different from the "normal". I found kpop first catchy, but kinda funny. At first I just listened songs and wasn't that interested of artists themselves, but eventually I got into Big Bang.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Emanresu and yeji

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
My friend sent some songs she thought I might like. I was into jrock back then so it wasn't that different.. or well kinda was now that i think of it, but I mean I was used to listening languages I didn't know off and just something different from the "normal". I found kpop first catchy, but kinda funny. At first I just listened songs and wasn't that interested of artists themselves, but eventually I got into Big Bang.
I heard they will be performing at Coachella? That's exciting!
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I heard they will be performing at Coachella? That's exciting!
Yep! Hopefully they have comeback before it, even single is alright! :pandalove:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Emanresu and yeji
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
1,097
Reactions Received
2,827
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I saw kpop on my tv in 2011/12 and at first I wondered what it was but I liked it afterwards I started to explore it more and enjoyed all the groups I discovered so that’s when I got into it
 
  • Like
Reactions: Emanresu

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I randomly found Fantastic Baby by Bigbang, I thought the video was really weird but I was intrigued so I also watched their MV for Blue and then stumbled on some SNSD stages and some Exo things. At that time I didn't really get into it, I just discovered it and left it at that, didn't listen to much of the music or anything... Fast forward to the end of 2017 and I suddenly found myself having an Exo song in my head so I looked them up again and I never turned back. I always thought that I would only really get into Exo, but now here I am stanning eleven groups.

:jisoosmh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Emanresu

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread