How did you react when people tell you to change? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I have very little self respect so I would probably try to do so and/or cut people put of my life because of my perceived weakness. Ive been trying to get better about those kinds of things though.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,178
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,427
Ship
Wreck
Assess their criticisms and come to the conclusion on whether I think it is justified and my actions were wrong and work on it or if I come to the conclusion that my actions were fine then just say oh well and move on.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
honestly, people make me feel like I need to change really often, but I know that it's all their own pettiness. It's never anything that I acually should change. Those things I'm already trying to anyway.. but they only tell me to change absurd things and try to make me into their clone which I refuse. However, there was a time when I was trying to change myself really hard to be good enough for others and all it did was make everything so much worse. I never should have wavered even once, always be true to yourself as long as you treat yourself and others well
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Don't change, not even a bit. No compromises. Then they'll respect you more than they respect themselves.
This is my current mindset. But compromises have to be made to a certain point apparently.

I have very little self respect so I would probably try to do so and/or cut people put of my life because of my perceived weakness. Ive been trying to get better about those kinds of things though.
But what if you don't think you're at fault. Also, you shoudl do something about self-respect. Others won't respect you if you don't respect yourself.

Assess their criticisms and come to the conclusion on whether I think it is justified and my actions were wrong and work on it or if I come to the conclusion that my actions were fine then just say oh well and move on.
This is very mature-minded. I came to conclusion my actions were fine, tbh.

i take it as a feedback and try to improve myself.
What if it's not posed as feedback but rather a demand?

honestly, people make me feel like I need to change really often, but I know that it's all their own pettiness. It's never anything that I acually should change. Those things I'm already trying to anyway.. but they only tell me to change absurd things and try to make me into their clone which I refuse. However, there was a time when I was trying to change myself really hard to be good enough for others and all it did was make everything so much worse. I never should have wavered even once, always be true to yourself as long as you treat yourself and others well
kodoku, brilliant as always.

lets not talk about it :maheart:
Why not?
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
But what if you don't think you're at fault. Also, you shoudl do something about self-respect. Others won't respect you if you don't respect yourself.
No idea I almost always blame myself no matter the situation. My parents have a tendency to blame everything on us so I'm just used to taking the blame for things. I know its bad, which is why I'm trying to work on it, its just hard when you've grown up a certain way and you want to change it.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Uh when I get told that, I think about the reasons why i act the way that "needs to be changed"

If I find the request unfair, I get angry and behave like a child for one or two days and realize there's nothing I can do :yolk:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Skinnny

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
people always try to be that way to me, saying I need to change something, telling me I shouldn’t do something etc. At the end of the day you yourself needs to be comfortable and happy. There is no need to change anything if you don’t want to
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
huh, I don't I've ever been told that on a personality scale.
if someone did say it to me i probably wouldn't. It wouldn't make sense to change for someone if I didn't want to change myself.
beside obvious maybe health reasons and things that maybe more beneficial to me in the long run.
so id just continue as I am really.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque
Joined
5 June 2019
Messages
539
Reactions Received
1,946
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well... Everytime people say I should change is because of their views... So as much as sometimes people say it with good intentions I really could not pay attention to it, because everytime I tried to change it only got worse for me, I had such a bad time trying to fit (into someone's else standard) and it didn't go well. My family is like... Nothing nice to say, it looks like we are totally different people, and I will never "change" to be more pleasent to them just because it's good for them? No, I will do what's good for me, always. And it took me a long time to realise that this is not a selfish act.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
No sane person would ever tell me to change you can just feel the perfection radiating off me back me up @kuroyuri
 
  • Love
Reactions: jasque and kuro

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
No sane person would ever tell me to change you can just feel the perfection radiating off me back me up @kuroyuri
yes, I could never make my baby change
she's perfect and amazing just the way she is

anyone who tells her to change is out of their mind and needs to stfu and worship mimi :sanapray:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread