How Essential Is Animation Quality To You? (2 Viewers)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Oof someone is not liking the second season, so far :zoomeyes:
Well it was rough 2 eps, but I think they finally got on board with ep 3. The animation and even the art style is still bit lacking for me, but it's less distracting for sure and sth I can get used to it even if it's still not as good as S1 had. And besides Garou is there, he's pretty much my favorite character in OPM and they are covering both of my fav story arcs in that season so I can't complain too much xd As long as they keep plot solid i'm on board : )
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Well it was rough 2 eps, but I think they finally got on board with ep 3. The animation and even the art style is still bit lacking for me, but it's less distracting for sure and sth I can get used to it even if it's still not as good as S1 had. And besides Garou is there, he's pretty much my favorite character in OPM and they are covering both of my fav story arcs in that season so I can't complain too much xd As long as they keep plot solid i'm on board : )
I actually saw the ratings tank a little when the 1st ep released. I think it's climbed back since then. But I was thinking "was it really that bad?" lol.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I actually saw the ratings tank a little when the 1st ep released. I think it's climbed back since then. But I was thinking "was it really that bad?" lol.
I think the drop in animation quality is bit exaggerated, but not completely, it looks pretty different from S1. Some of it is just different coloring, way of drawing characters (not completely different like with some animes but still noticeable difference), using more cgi (i think they pretty much computer animated Genoses whole body so it looks bit weird sometimes with his head when in S1 it wasn't) etc.- it's bit of art style direction and choices that are different and those can be up to taste a bit. But I think especially in EP2 there was some serious issues for me during fight scenes it just wasn't fluid at all and they used long periods of characters talking to themselves (thinking) against white background which seemed like easy way out. But again I liked newest ep so maybe J.C.Staff has put more resources and animators to OPM now to fix it or maybe they changed episode director idk. I don't think newest ep had any character talking against white background during fights really.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I think the drop in animation quality is bit exaggerated, but not completely, it looks pretty different from S1. Some of it is just different coloring, way of drawing characters (not completely different like with some animes but still noticeable difference), using more cgi (i think they pretty much computer animated Genoses whole body so it looks bit weird sometimes with his head when in S1 it wasn't) etc.- it's bit of art style direction and choices that are different and those can be up to taste a bit. But I think especially in EP2 there was some serious issues for me during fight scenes it just wasn't fluid at all and they used long periods of characters talking to themselves (thinking) against white background which seemed like easy way out. But again I liked newest ep so maybe J.C.Staff has put more resources and animators to OPM now to fix it or maybe they changed episode director idk. I don't think newest ep had any character talking against white background during fights really.
Glad to see they're getting back on track then. OPM is like one of the current gen anime representative shows, along with Boku no Hero Academia so they really shouldn't be fucking it up.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Glad to see they're getting back on track then. OPM is like one of the current gen anime representative shows, along with Boku no Hero Academia so they really shouldn't be fucking it up.
Yea i hope they keep it up and don't drop the quality again. If they do rest of the season like they did ep3 I will be happy with that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread