How hot are the summers in your country? (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Taken from this:

"Between winter and summer, there is only a temperature swing of around 6 °F (3.3 °C)."
"During humid summer days, the heat index can reach 115 °F (47 °C) and actual temperatures can reach 100 °F (38 °C)."
I think the hottest weather I've ever experienced is 38 C, and that was on vacation in France...
 
  • Love
Reactions: daesuki
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I think the hottest weather I've ever experienced is 38 C, and that was on vacation in France...
With only a temp difference of 6F from summer and winter, climate here is benign. Maybe for people from other countries it's too hot all year round, but that's what makes it benign. Save for the hurricane threat of course.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
With only a temp difference of 6F from summer and winter, climate here is benign. Maybe for people from other countries it's too hot all year round, but that's what makes it benign. Save for the hurricane threat of course.
Here it's the opposite, the weather is VERY unpredictable and inconsistent!
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Depends on what part of the country. I live in the Southeastern part of the US and it gets really hot and humid in the summer here. 90-100 degrees F are pretty common with high percent of humidity
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Depends on what part of the country. I live in the Southeastern part of the US and it gets really hot and humid in the summer here. 90-100 degrees F are pretty common with high percent of humidity
Yeah, I've heard the south is hot. I feel like it's the same in the UK, the south always tends to be a little warmer although the difference between north and south isn't as big because our country is smaller than yours...
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah, I've heard the south is hot. I feel like it's the same in the UK, the south always tends to be a little warmer although the difference between north and south isn't as big because our country is smaller than yours...
lol yeah there's probably a smaller difference. In the US the difference in weather can be really stark lol. Like in the winter the north can be under several feet of snow and in the south it can be like 75 degrees out
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
lol yeah there's probably a smaller difference. In the US the difference in weather can be really stark lol. Like in the winter the north can be under several feet of snow and in the south it can be like 75 degrees out
The difference is definitely a lot smaller but we do get a lot more snow in the north here too. Honestly sometimes during the winter schools in London shut for "snow days" and I swear there is only like three inches of snow LOL

If we did that where I live the schools wouldn't open until May :haylul:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: QueenB

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
  • Wow
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Summer in Australia is HOT. I think I'm lucky that I live in Melbourne since our weather is all over the place. We still get temperatures in the 40s but we also get a break in between from the heat every few days where the temperature falls down to the 20s or lower-30s. Also for some reason the beginning of Summer is always cold here (in Melbourne)... Like I remember last year I had summer school and for the whole first month we went to uni in jackets and thick clothes because it was freezing! But then by the second month we all burnt to death. The hottest day we had last year was 46C but they're predicting that this year will be even hotter because of global warming so I'm dreading summer this year.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Summer in Australia is HOT. I think I'm lucky that I live in Melbourne since our weather is all over the place. We still get temperatures in the 40s but we also get a break in between from the heat every few days where the temperature falls down to the 20s or lower-30s. Also for some reason the beginning of Summer is always cold here (in Melbourne)... Like I remember last year I had summer school and for the whole first month we went to uni in jackets and thick clothes because it was freezing! But then by the second month we all burnt to death. The hottest day we had last year was 46C but they're predicting that this year will be even hotter because of global warming so I'm dreading summer this year.
Holy hell! I've never been in temperature that hot in my entire life and the temperature that your saying is your coldest would be considered a pleasantly warm day here LOL
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 17.22.34.png

where i lived it was pretty chill

especially in winter :dab:
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread