How much of the stuff mentioned in “We Didn’t Start the Fire” do you know? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I’ll do this in parts because it’s a lot :sanapray: basically just list the stuff you know or are somewhat familiar with. I’ll put the lyrics below, an empty list you can copy and paste (if you’d like), and my list of what I know. I’ll structure it to be in verses.

lyrics
Harry Truman, Doris Day
Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific
Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon
Studebaker, Television
North Korea, South Korea
Marilyn Monroe

Rosenbergs, H-Bomb
Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, The King And I,
And The Catcher In The Rye
Eisenhower, Vaccine
England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace
Santayana goodbye

  1. Harry Truman-
  2. Doris Day-
  3. Red China-
  4. Johnnie Ray-
  5. South Pacific-
  6. Walter Winchell-
  7. Joe DiMaggio-
  8. Joe McCarthy-
  9. Richard Nixon-
  10. Studebaker-
  11. Television-
  12. North Korea-
  13. South Korea-
  14. Marilyn Monroe-
  15. Rosenbergs-
  16. H-Bomb-
  17. Sugar Ray-
  18. Panmunjom-
  19. Brando-
  20. The King And I-
  21. And The Catcher In The Rye-
  22. Eisenhower-
  23. Vaccine-
  24. England's got a new queen-
  25. Marciano-
  26. Liberace-
  27. Santayana goodbye-

  1. Harry Truman- I’m guessing this is about Truman becoming the new president
  2. Doris Day-I think she was an actress, model, singer, or some combo of those
  3. Red China-Probably the Communist Party in China winning the war
  4. Johnnie Ray-Idk :wimwim:
  5. South Pacific-I also don’t know but I’m guessing it’s related to Southeast Asia?
  6. Walter Winchell-Who?
  7. Joe DiMaggio-Also who?
  8. Joe McCarthy-US government official I believe who hated and feared communism, so he made a witch-hunt for supporters of communism in the US, I usually by claiming he had a list of known communists in the government. This reign of fear based on unsubstantiated evidence became known as McCarthyism. Sounds eerily familiar to modern day sometimes
  9. Richard Nixon-Probably for him becoming the president.
  10. Studebaker-got nothing :uwu:
  11. Television-Also not sure. Televisions predated this time so it’s not its invention idt.
  12. North Korea-The Korean War makes sense based on time.
  13. South Korea-Same as above
  14. Marilyn Monroe-She was a singer and actress I think.

  15. Rosenbergs-The Rosenbergs were convicted I think of being communist spies.
  16. H-Bomb-The atomic bomb becomes a lot scarier.
  17. Sugar Ray-Huh?
  18. Panmunjom-Could be related to the Korean War but I don’t know for sure. It may be where the armistice that ends the Korean War was held.
  19. Brando-No clue
  20. The King And I-Also no clue
  21. And The Catcher In The Rye- I think either it was published or it got famous then.
  22. Eisenhower-He probably became president
  23. Vaccine-The first vaccine was created possibly?
  24. England's got a new queen-I guess England got a new Queen :uwu: Im so smart
  25. Marciano-Who?
  26. Liberace-Maybe someone related to music
  27. Santayana goodbye-Yeah idk
 

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,180
Reactions Received
46,844
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
182,327
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I was going to comment wtf is the band Sugar Ray doing in the history books... but then I realized he meant the wrestler lol DAMN YOU bands who got their names from historical figures!!!

anyway, I'm familiar with N/S Korea bc we learned about the Korean War in high school, as well as a few historical figures (Truman, Eisenhower, Doris Day, Marilyn Monroe), but yeah. That's all I know.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,424
Reactions Received
75,503
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,203
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
  1. Harry Truman- Prez
  2. Doris Day- actress
  3. Red China- communism?
  4. Johnnie Ray- singer
  5. South Pacific- o.o water?
  6. Walter Winchell- idk I just remember he was a reporter.
  7. Joe DiMaggio- sports dude
  8. Joe McCarthy-no clue
  9. Richard Nixon- Prez
  10. Studebaker-no clue
  11. Television- o.o television XD I know the color tv became more common in the 60s :) Thank you Doctor who
  12. North Korea- Korean war
  13. South Korea- Korean war
  14. Marilyn Monroe- famous bombshell icon in tv and pop culture
  15. Rosenbergs- spies
  16. H-Bomb- the bombing of Hiroshima
  17. Sugar Ray no clue
  18. Panmunjom- no clue
  19. Brando- Marlon Brando, the godfather
  20. The King And I- it's a Rogers and Hammerstein play.
  21. And The Catcher In The Rye- Part of most American curiculum. idk if its still one there or not. Many books have been banned since I've been done with school. I truly hated this book because of my teacher. She wasn't a good teacher.
  22. Eisenhower- Prez
  23. Vaccine- o.o be safe, get vaccinated :icgyu:
  24. England's got a new queen- And longest reigning, queen Elizabeth
  25. Marciano- no clue. sports?
  26. Liberace- Elton John's inspo
  27. Santayana goodbye- no clue
 
  • Love
Reactions: Pirioca and Ahsoka

silverrising

xoxo
.
Joined
20 December 2023
Messages
1,639
Reactions Received
522
Location
on a shelf
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,935
Fandom
cassiexo-elf
Pronouns
she/her
Red China - china went commie
South Pacific - broadway musical
Joe DiMaggio - marilyn monroe's husband
Richard Nixon - he was a us president i think?
Television - tvs becoming household items
North Korea/South Korea - korean war
Marilyn Monroe - the iconic actress
H-Bomb - hydrogen bomb?
Brando - probably something about marlon brando?
The King And I - another broadway musical
The Catcher In The Rye - classical literary piece
Vaccine - polio vaccine
England's got a new queen - the one that passed away after sans won the tumblr sexyman poll

ngl i kinda forgot this was a real song, i'm too used to the jojo version 😭
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  1. Harry Truman- Prez
  2. Doris Day- actress
  3. Red China- communism?
  4. Johnnie Ray- singer
  5. South Pacific- o.o water?
  6. Walter Winchell- idk I just remember he was a reporter.
  7. Joe DiMaggio- sports dude
  8. Joe McCarthy-no clue
  9. Richard Nixon- Prez
  10. Studebaker-no clue
  11. Television- o.o television XD I know the color tv became more common in the 60s :) Thank you Doctor who
  12. North Korea- Korean war
  13. South Korea- Korean war
  14. Marilyn Monroe- famous bombshell icon in tv and pop culture
  15. Rosenbergs- spies
  16. H-Bomb- the bombing of Hiroshima
  17. Sugar Ray no clue
  18. Panmunjom- no clue
  19. Brando- Marlon Brando, the godfather
  20. The King And I- it's a Rogers and Hammerstein play.
  21. And The Catcher In The Rye- Part of most American curiculum. idk if its still one there or not. Many books have been banned since I've been done with school. I truly hated this book because of my teacher. She wasn't a good teacher.
  22. Eisenhower- Prez
  23. Vaccine- o.o be safe, get vaccinated :icgyu:
  24. England's got a new queen- And longest reigning, queen Elizabeth
  25. Marciano- no clue. sports?
  26. Liberace- Elton John's inspo
  27. Santayana goodbye- no clue
Fat Man and Little Boy weren’t H-Bombs. H-Bombs use both nuclear fusion and fission, while the ones in Japan were only fission. The yield (strength) of the bomb dropped on Nagasaki (the stronger one) was 21 kilotons of tnt. The yield of the first h-bomb measured at 10.4 megatons of tnt, which is 10,400 kilotons of tnt. And that was only the first, there have been many tested that are stronger. Scared yet :icgyu:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Nina

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Red China - china went commie
South Pacific - broadway musical
Joe DiMaggio - marilyn monroe's husband
Richard Nixon - he was a us president i think?
Television - tvs becoming household items
North Korea/South Korea - korean war
Marilyn Monroe - the iconic actress
H-Bomb - hydrogen bomb?
Brando - probably something about marlon brando?
The King And I - another broadway musical
The Catcher In The Rye - classical literary piece
Vaccine - polio vaccine
England's got a new queen - the one that passed away after sans won the tumblr sexyman poll

ngl i kinda forgot this was a real song, i'm too used to the jojo version 😭
I thought the vaccine would be the smallpox one but looking into it you’re right, the smallpox one predates the events of the song by quite a bit, while the timing of the polio one fits perfectly. The more you know :sanapray:
 
  • Like
Reactions: silverrising

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,424
Reactions Received
75,503
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,203
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
Fat Man and Little Boy weren’t H-Bombs. H-Bombs use both nuclear fusion and fission, while the ones in Japan were only fission. The yield (strength) of the bomb dropped on Nagasaki (the stronger one) was 21 kilotons of tnt. The yield of the first h-bomb measured at 10.4 megatons of tnt, which is 10,400 kilotons of tnt. And that was only the first, there have been many tested that are stronger. Scared yet :icgyu:
Oh I thought the h stood for Hiroshima :runrunrun:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,189
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,742
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I know several but not all
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

silverrising

xoxo
.
Joined
20 December 2023
Messages
1,639
Reactions Received
522
Location
on a shelf
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,935
Fandom
cassiexo-elf
Pronouns
she/her
I thought the vaccine would be the smallpox one but looking into it you’re right, the smallpox one predates the events of the song by quite a bit, while the timing of the polio one fits perfectly. The more you know :sanapray:
it's a fair assumption, honestly i only knew it was polio because i watched a video on the history of vaccines like a week ago :scree:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Wait I'm dumb. I didn't know you meant the references made in the song :soob:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
The only ones I know -

Joe DiMaggio - Baseball player
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon - Nixon became president?
North Korea, South Korea - War?
Marilyn Monroe - Actress
The King And I - A film
And The Catcher In The Rye - Book
Eisenhower, Vaccine - I'm just gonna assume that more vaccines were made idk
England's got a new queen - New queen of England
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread