- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,395
- Reactions Received
- 151,406
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,603
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
I’ll do this in parts because it’s a lot
basically just list the stuff you know or are somewhat familiar with. I’ll put the lyrics below, an empty list you can copy and paste (if you’d like), and my list of what I know. I’ll structure it to be in verses.
lyrics
Harry Truman, Doris Day
Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific
Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon
Studebaker, Television
North Korea, South Korea
Marilyn Monroe
Rosenbergs, H-Bomb
Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, The King And I,
And The Catcher In The Rye
Eisenhower, Vaccine
England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace
Santayana goodbye
lyrics
Harry Truman, Doris Day
Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific
Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon
Studebaker, Television
North Korea, South Korea
Marilyn Monroe
Rosenbergs, H-Bomb
Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, The King And I,
And The Catcher In The Rye
Eisenhower, Vaccine
England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace
Santayana goodbye
- Harry Truman-
- Doris Day-
- Red China-
- Johnnie Ray-
- South Pacific-
- Walter Winchell-
- Joe DiMaggio-
- Joe McCarthy-
- Richard Nixon-
- Studebaker-
- Television-
- North Korea-
- South Korea-
- Marilyn Monroe-
- Rosenbergs-
- H-Bomb-
- Sugar Ray-
- Panmunjom-
- Brando-
- The King And I-
- And The Catcher In The Rye-
- Eisenhower-
- Vaccine-
- England's got a new queen-
- Marciano-
- Liberace-
- Santayana goodbye-
- Harry Truman- I’m guessing this is about Truman becoming the new president
- Doris Day-I think she was an actress, model, singer, or some combo of those
- Red China-Probably the Communist Party in China winning the war
- Johnnie Ray-Idk
- South Pacific-I also don’t know but I’m guessing it’s related to Southeast Asia?
- Walter Winchell-Who?
- Joe DiMaggio-Also who?
- Joe McCarthy-US government official I believe who hated and feared communism, so he made a witch-hunt for supporters of communism in the US, I usually by claiming he had a list of known communists in the government. This reign of fear based on unsubstantiated evidence became known as McCarthyism. Sounds eerily familiar to modern day sometimes
- Richard Nixon-Probably for him becoming the president.
- Studebaker-got nothing
- Television-Also not sure. Televisions predated this time so it’s not its invention idt.
- North Korea-The Korean War makes sense based on time.
- South Korea-Same as above
- Marilyn Monroe-She was a singer and actress I think.
- Rosenbergs-The Rosenbergs were convicted I think of being communist spies.
- H-Bomb-The atomic bomb becomes a lot scarier.
- Sugar Ray-Huh?
- Panmunjom-Could be related to the Korean War but I don’t know for sure. It may be where the armistice that ends the Korean War was held.
- Brando-No clue
- The King And I-Also no clue
- And The Catcher In The Rye- I think either it was published or it got famous then.
- Eisenhower-He probably became president
- Vaccine-The first vaccine was created possibly?
- England's got a new queen-I guess England got a new Queen
Im so smart
- Marciano-Who?
- Liberace-Maybe someone related to music
- Santayana goodbye-Yeah idk