How to get into Star Wars for newbies. (1 Viewer)

Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'll try to turn this into a series of threads with info about the Star Wars lore during the event. I don't know everything Star Wars related but I'll do my best.
I also want to clarify that this is the way I think is the best for newbies to get into the SW universe but you can choose what you like the most, after all there's a lot of content including Books, videogames and comics.

Here's the oficial narrative timeline:

As you can see, this is a simplified version that only includes movies and TV both, animated and live action. Eventhough, it starts with the prequels (Episodes I-III), I always suggest people to start with the OG trilogy. I know at this time it may seem pointless but if you are totally virgin when it comes to SW, you'll enjoy the experience even more but there's nothing wrong with the prequels if you want to watch them first.
Then we have the Clone Wars animated series, which is based on the Attack of the Clones movie (Episode II) We have two versions of this events:
  • Tartakovsky's Clone Wars (2003, not canon)
  • Star Wars: The clone wars (2008-2020, canon)
The first one was directed by Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack, Dexter's Lab) for Cartoon network in 2D animation, of course with Tartakovsky's traditional action style and the second one is the most recent and I assume Disney produced, since it's the official one now. I haven't seen the Disney one to be honest, I can't say if it's good or bad but I can tell that Tartakovsky's version is great on it's own, so I think you can watch both without any trouble.

After Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith (Episode III in the movies), we have two movies and another animated series serving as bridge between the precuels and OG trilogy.
  • Solo. The Spinoff movie based on the adventures of Han Solo before meeting with our main characters in A New Hope (Episode IV)
  • Star Wars Rebels. An animated series based in the years before A New Hope, the dark years where the Jedi's were hunted down for rebelling against the Empire.
  • Rogue One: A star Wars story. A spinoff based on the Rebels strategies to fight the Empire.
For me, this content is mostly a complement to the main story. I don't think it's needed to understand future events like Clone Wars, but we can see more characterization and reasoning behind certain things.

Lastly we have The Mandalorian, the new trilogy (Episodes VII-IX) and Star Wars Resistance (2018-20). According to the timeline, the events in The Mandalorian occur around 5 years after The Return of the Jedi (Episode VI) where the Empire was destroyed but the remnants keep causing trouble. If you ask me, The Mandalorian can very well pass as a stand alone (it's a spinoff after all) series and whoever can watch it no matter if they are Star Wars fans or not.
Of course we have to end with the new trilogy, which are the most debated nowadays and the animated series Star Wars Resistance. Just like with the other animated series this one works as a complement of the main story so you don't need to watch it to comprehend certain things, it has 2 seasons of 40 episodes in total if you want to give it a try.

I'll like to briefly mention the comics and the novels before finishing. I've read a couple of the books and those are a heavy read but they do offer a lot of insight and details about certain topics. In that case, I just recommend to see those after you have watched everything else because there's a ton of books and I mean it, like I got scared when I saw the novel's timeline. I've never seen the comics so idk if those are good or not but either way, both books and comics are complementary as well. Some things from the books or comics may end up in the movies (like Rogue One and Jacen Solo) and things from the movies may end up in the comics or books like, well basically the entire thing...
:nekosweat:

Here's the full timeline with novels and comics for the brave souls who want to try everything.


@notthatmarko @Ahsoka @perhapz @lexus @TicTok_Togruta
 
Last edited:
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Just started watching The Mandalorian lol hope I will learn more from it
You will, esp because it's very lighthearted and doesn't get into deep stuff in the lore (for now). There's a good amount of easter eggs and references for og fans but anyone can watch it.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Uuuu nice, I might attempl the comic book one but not in it's entirety, I started reading some beforehand so I might just continue those now.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Way to make it look intimidating :wimwim:
The only intimidating part are the books as I said, there's a lot of novels and one can get easily lost but if you just watch the movies you won't have any trouble and not even all the movies, you can very well skip all the spinoffs and the last trilogy and you'll be fine.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Uuuu nice, I might attempl the comic book one but not in it's entirety, I started reading some beforehand so I might just continue those now.
As far as I know, the most interesting comics are the ones of Darth Vader.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
As far as I know, the most interesting comics are the ones of Darth Vader.
Yas that's on my list and so is Star Wars: Legacy, can't wait to read em honestly
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
:nakypog::nakypog:
nice guide

what's your favorite segment of the series?
The OG trilogy and Revenge of the Sith from the movies and Tartakovsky's clone wars. It was the shit back then but many people think it was too much for Star Wars... :joshmeh:
 
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
5,078
Reactions Received
14,232
Location
CL's cherry tree
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
GZB
Gender
Female
Ship
You will, esp because it's very lighthearted and doesn't get into deep stuff in the lore (for now). There's a good amount of easter eggs and references for og fans but anyone can watch it.
finally saw baby yoda 🥺🥺🥺🥺
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Ashla_K and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
this is such a great thread. thanks vikki
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka and Ashla_K

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread