I am a black 14-year-old girl and my mother is on board with me working to become a trainee, what now? (1 Viewer)

Joined
10 December 2019
Messages
1
Reactions Received
8
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Let me start this post with a couple of clarifications:
  1. I am aware that the likeliness of me being accepted as a trainee is extremely low and the chances of me debuting are even lower, however, I might as well try.
  2. I am currently learning Korean.
  3. I do realize and understand the risks of being a trainee and idol.
Now that that is out of the way, I can start. After I got into Kpop, it wasn't long before I started learning some choreographies and of course, they're difficult but not too much so as I used to be a dancer a couple of years ago. However, as I started getting more invested in Kpop and South Korean culture in general, as well as starting to learn the language, I realized that I was becoming more interested in having a profession that involved Kpop. Ultimately, I've decided that I want to become an idol. Now, I know what you're thinking by now, the whole "Oh, it's just a phase" or "There are plenty of children your age who dream of what you're dreaming of," and to that I say, fair enough. It is true that there are plenty of kids my age who want to do the same thingI'm trying to do, and that's why I want to do it. I want to show them that it's possible albeit difficult. I want children and teens to see me one day and know that it's possible, and I'm willing to try and fail as many times as I need to. For example, Alexandra Reid. Of course, we know how that turned out and she was treated more as a token than anything else, but she showed me that it's possible to get up there, and if the right company with good intentions takes a chance on you, it could turn out well. I understand that the K-Pop industry is brutal, cruel and that it leads to many suffering from mental trauma and sometimes abuse.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I told my mother that I wanted to become a Kpop idol and she told me that she supports it. When it’s time, I plan to audition for multiple companies through email auditions as well as auditions in Korea because I plan to go there while in college. I’m a straight-A student and work my hardest to remain as so, so I would see no problem going there during an exchange program for a year. Even though I’m auditioning for smaller companies, I also wanted to try for one of the Big 3 and have chosen JYP. I would audition as a dancer and rapper because I feel like my singing skills are very mediocre and wouldn’t get me past the auditions and I am much more confident in my rapping and dancing than my singing skills.
My plan is to start auditioning when the time is right and hopefully I can get accepted around 20 years old, which in my opinion still puts me at a huge disadvantage since a lot of idols become trainees around my current age but I still have hope! I try to keep myself motivated to learn Korean every day, I plan to start taking dance classes during the summer and the classes I plan to take are hip-hop and jazz and a couple of ballet (or contemporary) and tap classes. After that, I plan to take a couple of vocal classes as well.
I know this will be hard, I know for a fact that I'll think that I regret it but I'm ready. What do you think I should do?
Thank you for reading this post, I will take your comments into consideration and give updates when I can :)
 
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
The chance you become successful world star if you have the talent and looks is higher than being a kpop idol.. imho why dont u just try to debut in your country? Koreans are really... I wouldn't say racist but they idolize white skin and western features.... there are many kpop artist who were black before but look at them now... they gotten nowhere. I am not saying this to ruin your dreams I am Just being real with you... if you decide to go ahead with it then I wish you good luck.
 
Last edited:
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Make sure that you are certain you want to do this. It really is something that you have to put a lot of thought into.
Also, by the slim chance you do make it, you will be trapped into a contract for a certain amount of years.
If you really are determined to do it still, even after everything you know you are getting yourself into, then go for it and I wish you all the best.
Just make sure that you are certain of what a hard life it will be and of course, there is no guarantee you will get in.
 
Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
1,009
Reactions Received
3,554
Location
SHINee Academy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Save the idol life for later and focus on your studies. You're way too young to be going into any entertainment industry let alone one run by a country who has continuously proven it can mentally tear anyone to shreds be it a young person or an adult.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
It's great you are auditioning! As a matter of fact, me and my friends are also working to audition. If you do make it, we'd be looking forward to supporting you as a rivaling artist!!! (If we make it as well)
Good luck!
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
It's great you are auditioning! As a matter of fact, me and my friends are also working to audition. If you do make it, we'd be looking forward to supporting you as a rivaling artist!!! (If we make it as well)
Good luck!
@YouNiceKeepGoin @WonMoreTime are the other two in my group. @XMate is our group!
 
Joined
27 August 2019
Messages
94
Reactions Received
310
Location
SM's Basement
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Joined
27 August 2019
Messages
94
Reactions Received
310
Location
SM's Basement
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Let me start this post with a couple of clarifications:
  1. I am aware that the likeliness of me being accepted as a trainee is extremely low and the chances of me debuting are even lower, however, I might as well try.
  2. I am currently learning Korean.
  3. I do realize and understand the risks of being a trainee and idol.
Now that that is out of the way, I can start. After I got into Kpop, it wasn't long before I started learning some choreographies and of course, they're difficult but not too much so as I used to be a dancer a couple of years ago. However, as I started getting more invested in Kpop and South Korean culture in general, as well as starting to learn the language, I realized that I was becoming more interested in having a profession that involved Kpop. Ultimately, I've decided that I want to become an idol. Now, I know what you're thinking by now, the whole "Oh, it's just a phase" or "There are plenty of children your age who dream of what you're dreaming of," and to that I say, fair enough. It is true that there are plenty of kids my age who want to do the same thingI'm trying to do, and that's why I want to do it. I want to show them that it's possible albeit difficult. I want children and teens to see me one day and know that it's possible, and I'm willing to try and fail as many times as I need to. For example, Alexandra Reid. Of course, we know how that turned out and she was treated more as a token than anything else, but she showed me that it's possible to get up there, and if the right company with good intentions takes a chance on you, it could turn out well. I understand that the K-Pop industry is brutal, cruel and that it leads to many suffering from mental trauma and sometimes abuse.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I told my mother that I wanted to become a Kpop idol and she told me that she supports it. When it’s time, I plan to audition for multiple companies through email auditions as well as auditions in Korea because I plan to go there while in college. I’m a straight-A student and work my hardest to remain as so, so I would see no problem going there during an exchange program for a year. Even though I’m auditioning for smaller companies, I also wanted to try for one of the Big 3 and have chosen JYP. I would audition as a dancer and rapper because I feel like my singing skills are very mediocre and wouldn’t get me past the auditions and I am much more confident in my rapping and dancing than my singing skills.
My plan is to start auditioning when the time is right and hopefully I can get accepted around 20 years old, which in my opinion still puts me at a huge disadvantage since a lot of idols become trainees around my current age but I still have hope! I try to keep myself motivated to learn Korean every day, I plan to start taking dance classes during the summer and the classes I plan to take are hip-hop and jazz and a couple of ballet (or contemporary) and tap classes. After that, I plan to take a couple of vocal classes as well.
I know this will be hard, I know for a fact that I'll think that I regret it but I'm ready. What do you think I should do?
Thank you for reading this post, I will take your comments into consideration and give updates when I can :)
I believe in you and keep up the good work! It'll pay off in the future!!
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'd say give it some time. You're still very young and what you want so badly now may not be what you really want when you're 18. If you're locked into a contract and unhappy, it will be years before you can make it out.

Of course, making it is half the battle. Many times, agencies prioritize their image/vision of what kinda girl they want in their group. Still, I don't wanna discourage you. These days, many companies hold auditions in foreign countries, so give it a go and see what happens. Best not to have any regrets.

I can't overstress the importance of finishing your schooling/education enough though. No compromises on that.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It may be difficult but if that‘s what you want. Just remember to not forget your mental health and to still focus on school and education.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You seem to have thought it through. As long as you aren't all in becoming kpop idol (aka still having plan B), I don't think there is harm practising and taking part of some auditions. Those can be good experiences in any case. And if you end up becoming a trainee, just be careful who to sign up the contract with (hint: don't sign up with TS).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread