I am FRUSTRATED (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I think this whole Irene scandal is finally taking its toll because I'm beginning to feel very annoyed and upset. Honestly, I'm not surprised at all that Irene is in this type of controversy. I mean, the girl gets into an attitude controversy frequently because she shows off her temper often. If she can glare at people, roll her eyes at them and show her clear dissatisfaction on live tv in front of millions, then who knows what she's like behind the cameras. So I'm not surprised at all and quite frankly, I don't care at all either.

Since I don't care you'd think I wouldn't be upset, but nope, I'm very upset but it's more because of how this is affecting the group. Honestly, Red Velvet are my ultimate group right after EXO and because of one member, the entire group is suffering. I honestly doubt we'll ever get proper RV promotions again after this and that's just not fair for the rest of the group who are genuinely passionate about music. Seulgi, Wendy and Yeri do not deserve to be cut off. Joy too but she doesn't seem as interested in music as the rest so I'd assume she would move to acting. But the other three girls have a genuine love for it and I feel so bad for them. You probably think they'll be able to go solo, but we have seen what SM has done with f(x). Like I can't remember how many solo releases Luna and Amber because of how little they were promoted over the years and they made it clear that they loved music. Seulgi is more popular so she might get lucky but I worry about Wendy and Yeri. They'll probably let Yeri continue with hosting, but she likes writing her own music and SM isn't going to allow that. And Wendy... her situation is just sad. She couldn't promote for months because of her injuries and now that she is slowly transitioning into promos again, this happens and now who knows when she'll get to release more music again.

So now I am frustrated and worried and I even thought about wanting Irene to leave the group so that the rest of the girls can continue to promote... but then I started feeling annoyed at myself for feeling that way about her. I even saw the nice things some other people have worked with her have said and I know that the RV girls also genuinely like her so I know she's not a COMPLETELY terrible person so that kinda made me feel guilty for wanting her to leave.

I almost feel the same as I did during the time I first found out that Kris left EXO. I was so angry at him because of the situation he put EXO in and even hated him for a while. I did eventually after like a day understand his side of the story and got over it but that situation is completely different from Irene. Like the girl just has a bad case of the princess syndrome apparently so I can't even stick up for her. I am just going to stick to the "two sides of every story" because I doubt she had her meltdown and went mad just because she didn't like the outfit but it's not even one case of her being rude but multiple apparently so I don't even know anymore.

Despite it all, I still can't hate her too much though because quite frankly, I couldn't care less about her personality... or any other idol's personality. Like I can delude myself into thinking my faves are angels all I like but these people have been in the spotlight since they were children and they're worshipped by fans from that young age so it would be weird if their characters aren't messed up in some way or another. So really, I couldn't care less. I just wish this didn't affect the group.

Anyways, anticipate SMNGG I guess. I know I am even though I couldn't care less for them.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
It’s quite a shitty situation to be in for a Reveluv. Irene made some mistakes and while I still want her to remain in the group, I’m not sure this issue will die down so quick in Korea.

Pair that with her age and the fact that their contract renewal time is in 2021, it’s hard to imagine what will happen.

I think the Korean gp still likes Seulgi and Wendy well enough but I’m not sure they’d be receptive to RV promoting as 5 for now, maybe Irene needs to sit out for a while. But this is SM so they might just give everyone the f(x) treatment and just go all in on SMNGG. Let’s hope the other members can still do stuff as part of SME.
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I'll post my reply to you in the RV thread here for others to see and hopefully feel more optimistic about this whole situation.

There have honestly been worse scandals idols have faced, that ultimately had little impact on them and their group. This seems like a really big scandal, simply because it's Irene. The more popular you are, the bigger the scandal is taken out of proportion.

As troubling as Irene's attitude seemed to be at the start of the scandal, with Irene now recieving a lot of love from industry workers, defending her and saying they had nice experiences with her, I think this will help her a lot as people can see that while she certainly has princess syndrome (and a short temper at times), she isn't a bad person. Hopefully Irene shows she wants to better herself from now on in regards to her attitude. She certainly needs to, I'm disappointed in her (but not surprised like most Reveluvs it seems), for the sake of her career but most importantly for the sake of the other RV members.

As for SM cancelling RV's schedules right now, cancellations of schedules almost always happen around a scandal, with the goal of removing the idol/s from the spotlight and a show of them "reflecting". It also helps by giving time to those that feel hurt by the news to clear their minds and calm down, with the hope they return to supporting said idol/s etc. To be honest, I've seen this happen SO many times in K-pop that it actually seems to work for the most part.

Although they are scheduled for a comeback in December (which might still happen), I'm certainly expecting a winter comeback regardless if SM push the date back, so perhaps January/February. SM wouldn't want to drag out the comeback time as that could actually have a negative effect. It might seem like SM is hiding Irene/RV and are giving up on them. I doubt that very much.

Unfortunately though, it's obvious haters/trolls and some people that most likely didn't really care much about RV anyway will still hold Irene's attitude scandal over her. I doubt that will ever leave her now. Such is the torment of being an idol (especially female idols), such scandals now make them a target for more hate from disgusting people.

I'm staying optimistic though, that when RV comeback, Reveluv's and others interested in the group will show them just how much they are still loved and supported. I doubt RV will see much of a statistical impact on their success as well. As long as SM stands by them anyway and continue to promote them as they have all these years, they'll be fine :).

If you are feeling hurt, disappointed, annoyed and/or upset by Irene and have doubts about RV and their future, try to take into account what I've said to try and stay positive/optimistic.
:pikahappy:
 
  • Love
Reactions: dnb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread