I don't really consider myself an Army anymore tbh (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Army's will probably want to kill me, but... whatever :wimwim:

I remember being crazy them about 3 years ago but now I'm kind of just over it I guess?

Their music quality seems to have decreased a lot. I tried listening to MOTS7 a few times and recently listened to BE but those albums were honestly a snooze fest. I hardly ever listen to them anymore. Out of all the songs they've released this year there's only two that were actually good (On and Stay Gold). The others are just boring or have too much autotune. The overuse of autotune made me dislike a lot of their newer songs too. I miss hearing their raw vocals over a bunch useless autotune. It's really not needed. Their older music is by a mile.

I'm tired of hearing about them everywhere too (especially in Youtube comments section :welp:). And yes, I'm very happy that they've gained a lot of success. They've worked hard and it's what they deserve, just like any other successful group. At the same time though, I'm just tired of the hype and how some (keyword: some) fans act. It even got to where I was sometimes embarrassed? to consider myself a stan because of how some fans were acting. Especially with the whole "BTS paved the way" rhetoric that people won't stop using. And saying they paved the is annoying asf so please stop that and shut up :taesip:
I still have a soft spot for them and I probably always will. But, I just can't get into them anymore no matter how much I tried. Oh well, it's time to get a move on I guess :wimwim:

Okay, rant/vent over :sanapray:
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I mean that happens to everyone, or at least should because it's just us being humans and the process of moving on.

If any real army's hate you for it then I suppose they are the some you are mentioning as well.:taesip:

The "paving the way" doesn't make any sense as well because no other groups has been able to do what they have done so they didn't pave the way for anyone yet. At least that's my definition of it.
 
  • Love
Reactions: lexus
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
The "paving the way" doesn't make any sense as well because no other groups has been able to do what they have done so they didn't pave the way for anyone yet. At least that's my definition of it.
hmm... Aren't the ones that say they paved the way the same that say BB SNSD and other 2nd gen pioneers are relics of the past.. lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Ngl, MOTS was ok, I liked ON and Swan, but idk why I am not so hyped with BE :reallysadcat: So I understand...
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I can count on 1 hand how many songs I actually liked from their 2020 releases (including b-sides). This year was disappointing. BE especially was just boring and not quality I expect from a group at their level. That said though, even though most of their music wasn't good for me this year, they still released one of the best boy group songs of the year with Black Swan. Even the autotune couldn't ruin that song for me.

But that aside, I still love the members so even though I wouldn't consider myself an ARMY, I'm still definitely a fan of BTS. I just hope their music is better to listen to next year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus and Wicked

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I understand that completely, it’s something that’s naturally going to happen, I’ve grown out of groups as well (Got7, Winner, and I don’t really consider myself an Exo-L anymore because their last two albums I didn’t like). It’s normal.
Tbh I prefer BTS’ older music as well and agree with what you said about the auto tune. Their first album of this year kind of felt like a filler, I still like some songs but those tracks I’m more likely to skip than others. BE I prefer over it, there are things I don’t like about it but I personally really like the vibe of this album. But yeah I understand where you’re coming from.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Idk if I every truly considered myself an "army" in the first place...

I always seemed to have a love/hate relationship with the fandom.

....come to think of it, I usually just say I'm a stan if I call myself anything.

Anywhos, I already knew you were falling out of love with bts for months now. It was kind of obvious. But I still love you anyway.
 

Zsh

Joined
6 August 2019
Messages
64
Reactions Received
104
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Its ok. Personally I think its great being a casual fan. You can listen to any group without feeling 'guilty' and all that bs.
You should try it out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread