you're indian too?I was the same with when people said Jennie was appropriating my culture tbh (it was directly from the culture, not just overall culture. Yes there are many different cultures in India as well). People were getting offended on my behalf but I wasn't that caught up about it as they seemed to be. I knew a few people from my culture who were but it wasn't to a large extent either. I'm not even a fan of Blackpink, but Jennie just seemed to be having fun...
Overall, I don't really have an opinion. I just think the term is really overused.
same, I'm in the usYeah <3
I don't live there though.
OH MY GOD SAMEsame, I'm in the us
where? I'm from chennai
OH MY GOD YES YES YES I AM TAMIL AHHHHOH MY GOD SAME
Are you Tamil? I live in England though.
I FEEL SO HAPPY. I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD MEET A TAMIL HERE OF ALL PLACES.
They do. When Lisa's scene in Kill This Love came up, many fans were rather upset as she was "appropriating black culture due to her braids". However, there are traditional Thai braids that appear very similar to African braids, or so I read.If I recall correctly, I think dreads have history in more than just black culture. Australia, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.
ME TOOOOOOTOOOOOOOI FEEL SO HAPPY. I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD MEET A TAMIL HERE OF ALL PLACES.![]()
So how exactly is attacking the people who like to wear dreadlocks and box braids supposed to help? They may genuinely find it to be a beautiful style, but here comes people attacking them when they're just wearing a hairstyle. My point is still there. Go after the people passing laws banning natural hair and so on and so forth; not the people who think that stigma is stupid and love the style.I don't think you get how that works....
Are we supposed to go around all day yelling at everyone that stares at us? Employers, co-workers, shop-keepers, random people on the street?
Black people have been wearing dreads and cornrows for centuries and the stigma STILL persists...
Never said I agreed with cancel-culture over locks, I just don't agree with your point about "fixing" the stigma by completely downplaying itSo how exactly is attacking the people who like to wear dreadlocks and box braids supposed to help? They may genuinely find it to be a beautiful style, but here comes people attacking them when they're just wearing a hairstyle. My point is still there. Go after the people passing laws banning natural hair and so on and so forth; not the people who think that stigma is stupid and love the style.
OH MY GOD SAME
Are you Tamil? I live in England though.
Lol yes but I'm not Tamil, I just lived in Chennai for 3 years
YOU STILL LIVED IN CHENNAI IT COUNTS IN A KPOP FORUMLol yes but I'm not Tamil, I just lived in Chennai for 3 years
I'm from North-East India![]()
Yes of course, seri okayYOU STILL LIVED IN CHENNAI IT COUNTS IN A KPOP FORUM![]()