Not deliberately but more like "oh, this *popular group* is performing/coming back, better check'em out". So a bunch of other people who aren't fans or not interested will just increase their views and buzz.
On the other hand I almost never follow any popular kpop groups since the 2nd gen, I wasn't interested in SNSD, 2NE1, Big Bang, BTS, BP, etc. They were never my cup of tea, so despite their increasing popularity I never even spent 1 second on them after becoming familiar with them and finding out they weren't for me.
On the other hand I almost never follow any popular kpop groups since the 2nd gen, I wasn't interested in SNSD, 2NE1, Big Bang, BTS, BP, etc. They were never my cup of tea, so despite their increasing popularity I never even spent 1 second on them after becoming familiar with them and finding out they weren't for me.