I find it funny when some Europeans think they’re safe from getting ided in the US (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,409
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I’ve seen a few videos where Europeans hear that you need your id when you get alcohol in the US, just in case. And they always say that that’s nonsense because they look obviously over 30. I worked at a grocery store as a cashier in 2020. We didn’t sell alcohol, but we sold cigarettes, and you had to be 21 years old to buy them. But the system wouldn’t let us sell them without the information on the id to be entered (such as license number or passport number). So there I was, asking people born in the 1940s for their id :pepeshrug: Obviously not all places are like that, but I have been to liquor stores where their policy is to id everyone in the group (there was a sign saying so). So while it might not be everywhere it absolutely does happen. Looking 30 or 40 is not a guaranteed deterrent from being ided here.
 

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,014
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
One time when I was a cashier I had a young man in my line buying wine, when I didn't ask him for an ID he said to me "aren't you going to id me?" ....

Then I just shrugged and said "can I see your id?" Looked at it and moved on

He probably left thinking either i was moron or he looks extremely old, but what I never told him was that I saw him buying alcohol and getting carded by my manager the week prior and I remembered him
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I always have to show my id, unless I am in France.
Once forgot my ID and went to buy wine for my parents. Wasn't ID'ed even though I was 17 and still got candy when I went shopping with my mom in Belgium.
I was literally underage and forgot France's legal age was 18!

But yeah, Europe kind of sucks when it comes to checking IDs.
There is a program who once fact checked it and let 14 year olds who looked clearly like children buy alcohol for a test
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,409
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
One time when I was a cashier I had a young man in my line buying wine, when I didn't ask him for an ID he said to me "aren't you going to id me?" ....

Then I just shrugged and said "can I see your id?" Looked at it and moved on

He probably left thinking either i was moron or he looks extremely old, but what I never told him was that I saw him buying alcohol and getting carded by my manager the week prior and I remembered him
Yeah at the store I worked at that just couldn’t happen because I wouldn’t be able to add the cigarettes as a purchase, it wouldn’t let me. Also wouldn’t have worked because I wouldn’t have recognized any customer a second time :haylul: But I kind of hope he left thinking he looked really old
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor and Day1

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I do not drink anymore so it wouldn't phase me
I was so common at the bottle o here
they knew me enough by face alone
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread