I Find The Whole "Actresses Are Superior To Idols" View Backwards (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I Find The Whole "Actresses Are Superior To Idols" View Backwards


A common view you heat in regards to beauty is the alleged hierarchy of "actress looks" and "idol looks".

Many claim that in terms of beauty the most beautiful actresses are of a higher level than the most beautiful idols.

Sometimes it even takes an overt derogatory slant in that a female is derided for having "merely idol" looks and not "actress beauty".


I find this puzzling.

From my perspective the most beautiful female celebrities in Korea are most definitely idols.

There are many beautiful actresses of course. Certainly. (Chants Shin Se Kyung over and over)

But in a general sense I find idol beauty more concentrated.

There's one aesthetic aspect idols often have over many beauties of film that everyone seems to ignore or discount.

Figure.

Idols to me have a more fully developed aesthetic package as they not only have a beautiful face but also often a proportional or 99 percentile figure.

In my assessment this whole package approach pushes them ahead of many alleged superior beauties that have their beauty more concentrated solely on their face.


It just seems odd to me as I've always heard this hierarchy expressed and idols put down as being lesser and it always struck me as completely opposite of what I perceived.


Thoughts?

Have you ever heard this hierarchy expressed for male idols and actors?
 
Last edited:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
The way I see it, idol beauty is more concentrated on perfected youthfulness. Which is perfect for idols because that's what they're supposed to be: youthful and perfect.
Actresses look like a better version of everyone else in a sort of...natural (?) way which likely appeals more to because it's relatable.
It's all a matter of preference but idols generally are written off for everything, from visuals to talent

I personally prefer idol beauty, however
 
  • Like
Reactions: Emanresu
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,557
Reactions Received
4,625
Location
Small Magellanic Cloud
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Thoughts?

Have you ever heard this hierarchy expressed for male idols and actors?
Hmmm, I'm not sure if there's hierarchy, but I noticed that, looks-wise, I prefer idols who get called 'actor visuals'.
I realized it usually means just sharper and bolder features, which, I guess, tend to be more common among actors
(vs softer/cuter features of idols).
Since it's just a subjective preference, I don't think one should be seen as superior to other
 
Last edited:

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
The way I see it, idol beauty is more concentrated on perfected youthfulness. Which is perfect for idols because that's what they're supposed to be: youthful and perfect.
Actresses look like a better version of everyone else in a sort of...natural (?) way which likely appeals more to because it's relatable.
It's all a matter of preference but idols generally are written off for everything, from visuals to talent

I personally prefer idol beauty, however
I hadn't thought of the youth vs maturity angle. But I agree that seems to be a factor.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VillageIdiot
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I think it’s Korean people who think that and it’s baffling for me. I think that it’s because they have a higher opinion of actresses than idols who make music for young people in their mind.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VillageIdiot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread