I find this kinda strange ngl.. (1 Viewer)

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
People that listen to only genre of music.. I mean wouldn't that get boring? :jisoosmh: Like don't get me wrong I love kpop but i couldnt live with out listening to anything else.​
 

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
  • Love
Reactions: cocomelon and Day1

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,014
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
And yeah when I first got into KPOP for a while it was the only thing I listened to for like a year or two but now I have a healthy mix of like 70% western music and 30% KPOP it really depends on my mood and what I'm feeling. Sometimes my mood is one of "I need to sing along" so KPOP isn't always an option unless I feel like mispronouncing things and I really love scream singing in my car. Most of the time I use KPOP as a mood maker when I need a pick-me-up or the feelings of nostalgia.
 
  • Love
Reactions: tai

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
And yeah when I first got into KPOP for a while it was the only thing I listened to for like a year or two but now I have a healthy mix of like 70% western music and 30% KPOP it really depends on my mood and what I'm feeling. Sometimes my mood is one of "I need to sing along" so KPOP isn't always an option unless I feel like mispronouncing things and I really love scream singing in my car. Most of the time I use KPOP as a mood maker when I need a pick-me-up or the feelings of nostalgia.
I'm kinda like this, I listen to some kpop, but i majorly listen to vkei and my emo bands :sanapray: Honestly I really just have to be in the mood for kpop and vkei. Western songs are technically my default nowadays, as when i was first getting into kpop it was all I listened to.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Day1
Joined
11 June 2021
Messages
14,519
Reactions Received
22,012
Location
♡
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,629
Fandom
♡
Gender
Female
Pronouns
♡
Ship
Wreck
Yeah I agree. Kpop has nice variety and that but there’s only so much you’ll like in it. keep in mind, kpop is a mix of a lot of music genres. So let’s say you enjoyed After Like by IVE, well there’s a whole genre with thousands of songs that are 80s/retro inspired too. I don’t think Stans should just limit themselves to kpop, because they’ll probably find many more songs they like if they explored outside of it
 
  • Love
Reactions: tai

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Yeah I agree. Kpop has nice variety and that but there’s only so much you’ll like in it. keep in mind, kpop is a mix of a lot of music genres. So let’s say you enjoyed After Like by IVE, well there’s a whole genre with thousands of songs that are 80s inspired too. I don’t think Stans should just limit themselves to kpop, because they’ll probably find many more songs they like if they explored outside of it
Kpop really can only offer so much as it is inspired from other genres.. It would do people better to listen to those specific genres rather than fruitlessly searching for it in the kpop genre..
 
  • Love
Reactions: Chaeee

Hoemantic

Armageddon
.
Joined
14 June 2021
Messages
4,563
Reactions Received
6,241
Location
Supernova
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,475
Pronouns
he/they
It's strange because naturally humans need change and variety through out their lives and this applies to everything. I don't know how people manage it because I would go insane if I had to listen to only kpop for the rest of my life. Once in a while I get a phase and only listen to kpop but then quickly go back to listening to rock or metal which is my all time favorite music genre.

I really wish rock was more popular with kpop... Dreamcatcher debuted with metal influenced instrumentals and kept it for a while THAT WAS EVERYTHING!
 
  • Love
Reactions: tai

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
It's strange because naturally humans need change and variety through out their lives and this applies to everything. I don't know how people manage it because I would go insane if I had to listen to only kpop for the rest of my life. Once in a while I get a phase and only listen to kpop but then quickly go back to listening to rock or metal which is my all time favorite music genre.

I really wish rock was more popular with kpop... Dreamcatcher debuted with metal influenced instrumentals and kept it for a while THAT WAS EVERYTHING!
More rock/metal influences in kpop would literally make the genre so much better
 
  • Love
Reactions: Hoemantic

Hoemantic

Armageddon
.
Joined
14 June 2021
Messages
4,563
Reactions Received
6,241
Location
Supernova
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,475
Pronouns
he/they
More rock/metal influences in kpop would literally make the genre so much better
Ateez did screamo in Guerilla and I lost my shit, there even was a rock influenced part!

We've seen a bit of pop rock/pop punk in kpop this year (but tbh some was disappointing ;-;), I hope we get to see more!
 
  • Love
Reactions: tai

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Ateez did screamo in Guerilla and I lost my shit, there even was a rock influenced part!

We've seen a bit of pop rock/pop punk in kpop this year (but tbh some was disappointing ;-;), I hope we get to see more!
Yeah ateez's Guerilla was really good. I hope to see more bands like xdinary heroes debut though.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Hoemantic

Hoemantic

Armageddon
.
Joined
14 June 2021
Messages
4,563
Reactions Received
6,241
Location
Supernova
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,475
Pronouns
he/they
Yeah ateez's Guerilla was really good. I hope to see more bands like xdinary heroes debut though.
Omg yess! Xdinary Heroes Hello world album was a NO SKIPPER, definitely one of my top albums this year
 
  • Love
Reactions: tai

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Omg yess! Xdinary Heroes Hello world album was a NO SKIPPER, definitely one of my top albums this year
XDINARY HEROES LITERALLY HAVE NO SKIPS
 
  • Love
Reactions: Hoemantic

Hoemantic

Armageddon
.
Joined
14 June 2021
Messages
4,563
Reactions Received
6,241
Location
Supernova
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,475
Pronouns
he/they
  • Love
Reactions: tai

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
  • Love
Reactions: Hoemantic
Joined
3 May 2022
Messages
1,739
Reactions Received
1,579
Location
Cinema at Jupiter
Website
twitter.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,325
Fandom
КиШ, НП
Yeah I really don't know how some people only listen to just one genre of music. Like, I listen to 30% K-Pop, 30% Q-Pop, 15% Western artists and the remainder is the rest of the music I listen to (including VGM!).

unrelated but also I wanna know if there's a Kpop or Qpop song inspired by Depeche Mode's discography
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,597
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,428
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
agreed tbh i can't imagine listening to nothing else but kpop :wimwim: and after all kpop has a lot of songs inspired by other genres. so it's kinda weird to me that someone would listen to kpop songs inspired by a certain genre but not to that genre itself but to each their own i guess :jisoosmh:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread