I hate echo chambers (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
On either side, liberal echo chambers or conservative echo chambers. It’s just a bunch of the same stuff repeated wi tbh them all congratulating themselves on how “smart” and whatever they are. I just read an article that had many flaws (it was a conservative article about why preferred pronouns are bs (a ridiculous article) and everyone in the comments was cheering on the op, saying they’re right and whatnot and how they’ll accept no other opinions. Just a mini rant, those places make my brain feel like mush.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Some echo chambers are likely to develop in places which liberalism and conservatism is predominant. For instance, conservatives are not likely to frequent YouTube channels that is based on non-traditional relationships (i.e., throples) and as such if political issues are brought up it is likely that liberal viewpoints are going to dominate and any conservative viewers may censor their opinion because of fear of the dominant opinion. I mean, for instance, if a regular user made a thread on KS defending the overturning of Rowe V Wade I think we can agree that it would be locked because someone would end up using malicious language towards the user. That's because KS has a liberal base given specific age demographics and the fact that Kpop outside of Asia tends to be a niche thing and a thing people get mocked for sometimes.

Point is I think they are going to develop. Do they suck? At times.. But I think they do provide a safe space for some who have views they think they will be judged critically for having.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Some echo chambers are likely to develop in places which liberalism and conservatism is predominant. For instance, conservatives are not likely to frequent YouTube channels that is based on non-traditional relationships (i.e., throples) and as such if political issues are brought up it is likely that liberal viewpoints are going to dominate and any conservative viewers may censor their opinion because of fear of the dominant opinion. I mean, for instance, if a regular user made a thread on KS defending the overturning of Rowe V Wade I think we can agree that it would be locked because someone would end up using malicious language towards the user. That's because KS has a liberal base given specific age demographics and the fact that Kpop outside of Asia tends to be a niche thing and a thing people get mocked for sometimes.

Point is I think they are going to develop. Do they suck? At times.. But I think they do provide a safe space for some who have views they think they will be judged critically for having.
Well yes, you are right on all counts. I think its mostly a problem with politics being so much that you're on one side or the other and anything that doesnt agree with your viewpoint is considered something to be attacked rather than discussed.
 
  • Love
Reactions: raymondchouku

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I agree and I am guilty of mostly inserting myself in circles of people I agree with however due to the demographic of where I live most of the people I work with and am related to don't share my views at all so it leads to me having a better understanding of the other sides
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread