Sensitive I hate it IVE are such co-workers #1 (1 Viewer)

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,771
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
As you may know or not know, one of the unlimited reasons IVE is getting hated on is, how they are not a "real group", but only co-workers that do not even care for each other.

In this on-going series, I will look into examples for this and showcase just how true that statement is!:idkwhattonamethis:

The first clip I found, is this one of Rei telling her leader Yujin how greatful she is for the help and advise she offers. Everyone acts very touched and they get all touchy, but ofc we know better, they are just pretending! :jihono:




On a more serious note, I love Leeseos very confused face every time something like this is going on :llama_squish:

@Dive
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,441
Reactions Received
39,054
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,664
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
I think the reason they remain co-workers is because of the hyper focus they get because of Wonyoung. I think the Wonyoung is a nervous wreck because everyone's dieing to catch her doing something "wrong" even if it's not and they can swing it that way. I think this places an invisible barrier between everyone and Wonyoung and hurts the entire group. I think it's also Starships fault that friendships weren't fostered in the beginning by treating Yunjin and Wonyoung so much better than the other three. I see how much closer LIZ, Rei and Lesseo seem to be with each other than with Wonyoung. I think in the case of IVE, the Iz*one connection actually hurts the group as opposed to LSFM that was helped. If you really think about it. IVE got Iz*ones most arrogant and LSFM got the two humble girls. Hate me if you like I think Wonyoung should of gone solo. But, I think all of IVE is amazing and I hope they don't break up but I don't see them lasting past the end of their contract. :sanapeace: :runrunrun:
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
People always voice their uneducated opinion on a group and try to pass it off as fact like sure you can give your opinion but the moment you stand your ground on something you have little knowledge on then you lose all credibility on that being a fair and well construed opinion,

I remember seeing a sudden wave of people who were experts on Gfriend and how them not just signing under a single company meant they actually didn't want to reunite regardless of the fact Source Music was applying for the group name meaning they couldn't use it or their discography but minor details of course :pandatea:
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,441
Reactions Received
39,054
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,664
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
People always voice their uneducated opinion on a group and try to pass it off as fact like sure you can give your opinion but the moment you stand your ground on something you have little knowledge on then you lose all credibility on that being a fair and well construed opinion,

I remember seeing a sudden wave of people who were experts on Gfriend and how them not just signing under a single company meant they actually didn't want to reunite regardless of the fact Source Music was applying for the group name meaning they couldn't use it or their discography but minor details of course :pandatea:
Good thing I never had credibility to lose. :sanapeace: :haylul::blegh:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: fdonce and Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,771
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
I think the reason they remain co-workers is because of the hyper focus they get because of Wonyoung. I think the Wonyoung is a nervous wreck because everyone's dieing to catch her doing something "wrong" even if it's not and they can swing it that way. I think this places an invisible barrier between everyone and Wonyoung and hurts the entire group. I think it's also Starships fault that friendships weren't fostered in the beginning by treating Yunjin and Wonyoung so much better than the other three. I see how much closer LIZ, Rei and Lesseo seem to be with each other than with Wonyoung. I think in the case of IVE, the Iz*one connection actually hurts the group as opposed to LSFM that was helped. If you really think about it. IVE got Iz*ones most arrogant and LSFM got the two humble girls. Hate me if you like I think Wonyoung should of gone solo. But, I think all of IVE is amazing and I hope they don't break up but I don't see them lasting past the end of their contract. :sanapeace: :runrunrun:
You can always recognize a true expert talking, if they even get the number of members wrong the group has :cokustare:
 

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,771
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
People always voice their uneducated opinion on a group and try to pass it off as fact like sure you can give your opinion but the moment you stand your ground on something you have little knowledge on then you lose all credibility on that being a fair and well construed opinion,

I remember seeing a sudden wave of people who were experts on Gfriend and how them not just signing under a single company meant they actually didn't want to reunite regardless of the fact Source Music was applying for the group name meaning they couldn't use it or their discography but minor details of course :pandatea:
From my observation, most Kpop fans seem to believe themselfs psycholgoy majors with a main emphasis on group dynamics, while in reality its rather the opposite :bulbasip:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: fdonce
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,441
Reactions Received
39,054
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,664
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
You can always recognize a true expert talking, if they even get the number of members wrong the group has :cokustare:
OMG, I forgot about Gauel! In my defends I ran around town getting things done and now I'm in an insane amount of pain and dumped my remaining pain killers down my throat...:magikarp:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: fdonce and Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,771
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
OMG, I forgot about Gauel! In my defends I ran around town getting things done and now I'm in an insane amount of pain and dumped my remaining pain killers down my throat...:magikarp:
Sure... :hmmm:

Also I was a bit short on time earlier, so now I can respond to your previous post more properly!

"The Wonyoung" as you call it, in my opinion is not a nervous wreck at all, she is living that live since she's 13 years old, if she really would be that stressed out by it, she would have called it quits after IZ*One. I see her more like an Ice Queen and just as magnificent and cool as that!

Basaed on your statements regarding barriers and their friendships, I'm going to assume you watch little to none of their content, otherwise I could not find an explanation how you jump to those conclusions.

Also you chose to see everything very negative. Yes debuting alongside Wonyoung means she will outshine everyone else, but it also means she draws a lot of attention to the group. Other groups probably would give a leg and an arm if they could get only a fraction of the attention she commands. Its great for the other members, as they are all rookies apart from Yujin, they can gain some experience while the focus is still on Wonyoung. Now with the latest comebacks, starting with After Like, I see the ohter mebmers constantly growing and shining brigther and brigther. Being in a group with Wonyoung could drag you down if you compare yourself to her, but you can also chose to let her uplift you. In my opinion no other group can match the confidence IVE as a whole displays, its the confidence you gain if you truely believe in yourself, truely believe yourself to be a queen. Its easier to be this confident, if you have Wonyoung standing tall next to you.

Regarding Wonyoung going solo.. the road to superstardom in Kpop is closed to those that walk alone. Regardless of how popular she might be, there will always be a limit.. she could became the queen of korea like IU, but for the world stage she needs a group and she happend to have found the perfect one to match her royal ambitions.
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,441
Reactions Received
39,054
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,664
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Also you chose to see everything very negative.
Incorrect, I see many things in a positive light. I positively never cared for Wonyoung but would defend her because people are needlessly mean to her.
Yes debuting alongside Wonyoung means she will outshine everyone else
Wrong, I think Lesseo and Gauel have out shined everyone from the beginning.
Now with the latest comebacks, starting with After Like, I see the ohter mebmers constantly growing and shining brigther and brigther
Agreed
Being in a group with Wonyoung could drag you down if you compare yourself to her
Wrong, I don't believe she brings anyone done. I actually see Wonyoung as neutral. She could be booted from the group and I think it would have little effect on their future.
but for the world stage she needs a group and she happend to have found the perfect one to match her royal ambitions.
I disagree, it's a matter of time before a solo female act from South Korea hits the world stage and explodes. If Psy didn't prove this your living with your head in the sand. I think when it happens "Taylor Swift" big it will be surprising who ever it ends up being. Kind of like Fifty Fifty exploding the way they did. I don't see Wonyoung being this person but I don't know the future.
 
  • Love
Reactions: fdonce

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,771
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
Incorrect, I see many things in a positive light. I positively never cared for Wonyoung but would defend her because people are needlessly mean to her.

Wrong, I think Lesseo and Gauel have out shined everyone from the beginning.

Agreed

Wrong, I don't believe she brings anyone done. I actually see Wonyoung as neutral. She could be booted from the group and I think it would have little effect on their future.

I disagree, it's a matter of time before a solo female act from South Korea hits the world stage and explodes. If Psy didn't prove this your living with your head in the sand. I think when it happens "Taylor Swift" big it will be surprising who ever it ends up being. Kind of like Fifty Fifty exploding the way they did. I don't see Wonyoung being this person but I don't know the future.
That is a strange example for seing something in a positive light :dubueh:

You can say Leeseo and Gaeul outshined her for YOU, but I'm talking in general, not my personal opinion who I like best.

Again, you seeing her as neutral is just your view on her. To the korean public (and IVE is mainly focused on korea for now) she is certainly not neutral. Losing one of, or maybe even the most popular idol in the country, would certainly have a very negative effect.

"only a matter of time" could also mean in 200 years though, I will not hold my breath for it and until it happens, I will remain sceptical. Psy was a one hit wonder, he was not able to create and sustain a global fanbase like BTS, BlackPink or even Twice did now.
 
  • Love
Reactions: fdonce
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,441
Reactions Received
39,054
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,664
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
You can say Leeseo and Gaeul outshined her for YOU, but I'm talking in general, not my personal opinion who I like best.
The only opinion I can ever really know is my own. Anything in general is an educated guess at best. :dubuthink:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Moguri
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,415
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Incorrect, I see many things in a positive light. I positively never cared for Wonyoung but would defend her because people are needlessly mean to her.

Wrong, I think Lesseo and Gauel have out shined everyone from the beginning.

Agreed

Wrong, I don't believe she brings anyone done. I actually see Wonyoung as neutral. She could be booted from the group and I think it would have little effect on their future.

I disagree, it's a matter of time before a solo female act from South Korea hits the world stage and explodes. If Psy didn't prove this your living with your head in the sand. I think when it happens "Taylor Swift" big it will be surprising who ever it ends up being. Kind of like Fifty Fifty exploding the way they did. I don't see Wonyoung being this person but I don't know the future.
PSy did not explode he had 1 maybe 2 hits globally. basically he was a fad just like the macarena. heck what happened to the somebody i used to know guy even.

Even Beyoncé did not go it alone her dad made a pretty solid group to throw away and launch her solo.

CL wanted to be it but no joy, same with Tiffany.

IU's global bump was around the time bts pushed her., and that guy in china decided he needed ~100k albums per cb.

I think the biggest difference with the Ahnyoungz is that they were always a unit. even starting in PD 48 Yujin picked her for very x3 and the deal was done.( Also ya could see Yujin was much smarter about her team than Sakura.)

That ive Works at all is a testament to how solid the other 4 members are, and how hard they work together. It would have been very easy for this to be a missa, 4min or sistar deal with all the oxygen taken by a few. Especially given how fast they launched the group.

As to booting wonyoung making no difference it sounds like the ppl who used to say Yoona didnt matter in SNSD.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Moguri

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It’s weird how popular this argument is. For haters their fav group is family and whatever group they dislike or is more successful than their fav or whatever are “clearly coworkers”. The number of groups I’ve seen called coworkers by haters is crazy.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,771
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
The only opinion I can ever really know is my own. Anything in general is an educated guess at best. :dubuthink:
Yes, but with this argument we cannot discuss pretty much anything then. We still can at least try to go by the publicy available information and base our opinions on that.

I've watched this yt video shortly after I posted here and this person also shares pretty much the same opinion (its the 2 minute part "the impact of the members", I time stamped it:


ofc because someone says it on yt, does not make it correct. I just thought its funny to watch this shortly after our discussion here.

I like especially the part about I AM being like Wonyoung personified as a song, as I feel similiar about it. The M/V definitly gives off those regal vibes and its like the entire group embraced becoming like that now.

Also another point he mentioned regarding IVE not being from one of the big 4 companies. While I think he downplays starship a bit, its still true that usually a group outside of the big 4 will not find the success IVE does now. Again this not my opinion, we can just check the data available to us and chek how many groups outside of the big 4 managed to start their career in a similar fashion.. I'm confident there will not be many examples, if any at all.

I believe things like that do not simply happen, ofc it is possible, but for me at least there is only one explanation. Wonyoung is an anomaly, an outlier, an error in the matrix, however you want to call it. Her popularity is so insanely high, that she managed to eclipse all company privilege and overthrow the current order of the kpop world, so she herself can sit on top, like the absolute queen she is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread