I have listened to all the girl groups discographies ! (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Clickbait title. In fact, I am talking about the girl groups with more than 20 songs and only for the second, third and forth generations. I rated all the songs out of 10 ( even the Japanese tracks) and then calculated the average.

Disclaimer : It’s based on my taste and I tried to not be biased and not to give better grades to the groups that I stan. In fact, I was a bit more stern with them.

Here is the final ranking :


1. Red Velvet ( 9,64)

The delightful alliance of their fun Red Side and their sultry Velvet side. The perfect fusion !

Songs that I recommend : Psycho, Ice cream cake, Rookie, Dumb Dumb, One of these nights, Cool World, Kingdom Come, Parade, Zoo, You better know and many more !

Favorite album : The Velvet ( the perfect ballad album)

2. Miss A (9,49)

The surprise of this ranking. I haven’t listened to one of theirs b-sides before the last few months and I was shocked. Everyone is sleeping on them and people dare to say that JYP discographies aren’t good !

Songs that I recommend : Madness, If I were a boy, Only you, Lips, Breathe, Bad Girl Good girl, Break it, From 10 to 1

Favorite album : Colors ( The last one, a glorious way to disband)

3. Dreamcatcher ( 9,45)

Dreamcatcher and their rock sound are a breath of fresh air in this conformist industry. They remind me of some Jpop music that I like to listen to. Theirs albums are full of bangers.

Songs that I recommend : Fly High, Scream, Chase me, Déjà Vu, The curse of the spider, Sahara, Full Moon, Trap, Break the wall and many more
Favorite album : The tree of language ( an excellent first full album)


4. Girl’s Day ( 9,39)

An underrated discography for an underrated group especially nowadays. They went from an original/quirky and cute sound to a sexy and mature one. Theirs songs still conserve this retro and nostalgic flavor from the beginning to the end.

Songs that I recommend : Nothing Last Forever, Twinkle Twinkle, Darling, Something, Look at me, Top Girl, Truth, Don’t let your eyes wander, Two of us, Don’t flirt
Favorite album : Everyday #5 ( Their mature album with a rare and pleasant acoustic sound)


5. f(x) (9,32)

Their discography is legendary for a reason. It’s risky but in a refreshing way. f(x) is this joyful and flamboyant group that will always be remembered.

Songs that I remember : Rum Pum Pum, Electric Shock, Red Light, Hot Summer, Ending Page, Mr Boogie, Sorry, Dangerous, My style, Glitter, All night...

Favorite album : Pink Tape ( The Kpop Bible title is well-deserved).


6. Mamamoo ( 9,27)

They sing about self-confidence for years and have passed from a jazzy sound to a more R’n’B inspiration with great success. There is no group like Mamamoo.


Songs that I recommend : Egotistic, Decalcomanie, Starry Night, Piano Man, Mr Ambiguous, New-York, Sleep in the car, Paint me, I miss you, My Star, Bad Bye, 4x4ever, Sky! Sky! Destiny, Moderato...

Favorite album : Red Moon ( the best summer Korean album for me)


7. Girl’s Generation ( 9,25)

SNSD embodies the best of bubblegum pop ! They also have the best Jpop discography for a girl group.

Songs that I recommend : Into the new world, The boys, Lion Heart, Run devil Run, I got a boy, Gee, Lost in love, Goodbye, Indestructible, Girls, Express 999...

Best album : Girls & Peace ( a Japanese one of course)


8. Berry Good ( 9,10)

The nugu group of this ranking. Their discography is sweet and carried by subtile and angelic vocals. Theirs songs are comforting and pure with a touch of quirkiness.


Songs that I recommend : Angel, Because of you, Fly, Dance in the moonlight, My day, Can I dream again...

Favorite album : Fantastic ( An album made to dream)


9. Oh my girl (9,01)

A fairy tale discography sung by real fairies. Oh My Girl are versatile. They can slay a Reggae album and the next minute, a bubblegum one.

Song that I recommend : Closer, Remember me, Secret Garden, A-ing, Liar Liar, Sixteen, Vogue, Checkmate, Je t’aime, Real World, The Fifth Season...

Best album : A-ing ( the genius behind this surprising EP deserves a price)


10. Gfriend (8,85)

There is a sense of majesty and nostalgia in Gfriend songs that can’t be replicate elsewhere in the musical landscape. They embody a subtle elegance that I really love.


Songs that I recommend : Me gustas tu, Rough, Summer rain, Time for the moon night, Sunrise, Mago, Crossroads, White, The wheel of the year, Here we are, Room of mirrors, Neverland, Water Flower, Mermaid, Rainbow, Flower Garden, You are not alone

Favorite album : Songs of sirens or Season of Glass ( it’s just impossible for me to choose between their first album and one of the last ones).


Honorable mentions :

11. Blackpink
12. Apink
13. Twice
14. WJSN
15. Brown Eyed Girls

Post your favorite girl group discography if you want to. :nekolove:
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
ladies code has some good stuff, not sure if they break 20 though
BVNDIT is spilt between decent and semi decent stuff, but I think MNH gave up on them :yolk:

Ladies Code have really good song. I rather like BVNDIT songs. They came back last spring, don’t tell me that they are disbanded ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric and Willow

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Ooh this is a lot of work Hally I like it :nakypog:
If you mind sharing the individual group rankings song wise or album wise, I'd love to see :nekolove:

You could even blog about this stuff lol if you wanted to. Ofc listening to all this is a lot of work anyway, so writing extensively on top of it might be too much :yolk:

Miss A is a pleasant surprise and the group I've heard the least from this list, except Berry Good that is. I'll look into them more :sanapray:
 
Joined
16 April 2020
Messages
238
Reactions Received
523
Location
EXOplanet
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
My fav ggs are up there so I’m satisfied:llama_tea:
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Ooh this is a lot of work Hally I like it :nakypog:
If you mind sharing the individual group rankings song wise or album wise, I'd love to see :nekolove:

You could even blog about this stuff lol if you wanted to. Ofc listening to all this is a lot of work anyway, so writing extensively on top of it might be too much :yolk:

Miss A is a pleasant surprise and the group I've heard the least from this list, except Berry Good that is. I'll look into them more :sanapray:
i will post everything tomorrow when I will be on my laptop.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Ladies Code have really good song. I rather like BVNDIT songs. They came back last spring, don’t tell me that they are disbanded ?
idk, they used to have nearly daily updates, but the entire group account went completely silent
it's been 45 days already, and mnh barely posts updates (or are really late in doing so), so I'm kind of losing hope
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
idk, they used to have nearly daily updates, but the entire group account went completely silent
it's been 45 days already, and mnh barely posts updates (or are really late in doing so), so I'm kind of losing hope
didn't they announce a hiatus?
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
didn't they announce a hiatus?
no clue, they suddenly went poof and disappeared
someone found jungwoo on a friend's tiktok and messaged the friend, but the friend said that she had no clue what jungwoo was up to
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
idk, they used to have nearly daily updates, but the entire group account went completely silent
it's been 45 days already, and mnh barely posts updates (or are really late in doing so), so I'm kind of losing hope
It’s unfortunate. They are a talented girl group.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric and Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread