COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

I have listened to all the girl groups discographies ! (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Clickbait title. In fact, I am talking about the girl groups with more than 20 songs and only for the second, third and forth generations. I rated all the songs out of 10 ( even the Japanese tracks) and then calculated the average.

Disclaimer : It’s based on my taste and I tried to not be biased and not to give better grades to the groups that I stan. In fact, I was a bit more stern with them.

Here is the final ranking :

1. Red Velvet ( 9,64)

The delightful alliance of their fun Red Side and their sultry Velvet side. The perfect fusion !

Songs that I recommend : Psycho, Ice cream cake, Rookie, Dumb Dumb, One of these nights, Cool World, Kingdom Come, Parade, Zoo, You better know and many more !

Favorite album : The Velvet ( the perfect ballad album)

2. Miss A (9,49)

The surprise of this ranking. I haven’t listened to one of theirs b-sides before the last few months and I was shocked. Everyone is sleeping on them and people dare to say that JYP discographies aren’t good !

Songs that I recommend : Madness, If I were a boy, Only you, Lips, Breathe, Bad Girl Good girl, Break it, From 10 to 1

Favorite album : Colors ( The last one, a glorious way to disband)

3. Dreamcatcher ( 9,45)

Dreamcatcher and their rock sound are a breath of fresh air in this conformist industry. They remind me of some Jpop music that I like to listen to. Theirs albums are full of bangers.

Songs that I recommend : Fly High, Scream, Chase me, Déjà Vu, The curse of the spider, Sahara, Full Moon, Trap, Break the wall and many more
Favorite album : The tree of language ( an excellent first full album)

4. Girl’s Day ( 9,39)

An underrated discography for an underrated group especially nowadays. They went from an original/quirky and cute sound to a sexy and mature one. Theirs songs still conserve this retro and nostalgic flavor from the beginning to the end.

Songs that I recommend : Nothing Last Forever, Twinkle Twinkle, Darling, Something, Look at me, Top Girl, Truth, Don’t let your eyes wander, Two of us, Don’t flirt
Favorite album : Everyday #5 ( Their mature album with a rare and pleasant acoustic sound)

5. f(x) (9,32)

Their discography is legendary for a reason. It’s risky but in a refreshing way. f(x) is this joyful and flamboyant group that will always be remembered.

Songs that I remember : Rum Pum Pum, Electric Shock, Red Light, Hot Summer, Ending Page, Mr Boogie, Sorry, Dangerous, My style, Glitter, All night...

Favorite album : Pink Tape ( The Kpop Bible title is well-deserved).

6. Mamamoo ( 9,27)

They sing about self-confidence for years and have passed from a jazzy sound to a more R’n’B inspiration with great success. There is no group like Mamamoo.

Songs that I recommend : Egotistic, Decalcomanie, Starry Night, Piano Man, Mr Ambiguous, New-York, Sleep in the car, Paint me, I miss you, My Star, Bad Bye, 4x4ever, Sky! Sky! Destiny, Moderato...

Favorite album : Red Moon ( the best summer Korean album for me)

7. Girl’s Generation ( 9,25)

SNSD embodies the best of bubblegum pop ! They also have the best Jpop discography for a girl group.

Songs that I recommend : Into the new world, The boys, Lion Heart, Run devil Run, I got a boy, Gee, Lost in love, Goodbye, Indestructible, Girls, Express 999...

Best album : Girls & Peace ( a Japanese one of course)

8. Berry Good ( 9,10)

The nugu group of this ranking. Their discography is sweet and carried by subtile and angelic vocals. Theirs songs are comforting and pure with a touch of quirkiness.

Songs that I recommend : Angel, Because of you, Fly, Dance in the moonlight, My day, Can I dream again...

Favorite album : Fantastic ( An album made to dream)

9. Oh my girl (9,01)

A fairy tale discography sung by real fairies. Oh My Girl are versatile. They can slay a Reggae album and the next minute, a bubblegum one.

Song that I recommend : Closer, Remember me, Secret Garden, A-ing, Liar Liar, Sixteen, Vogue, Checkmate, Je t’aime, Real World, The Fifth Season...

Best album : A-ing ( the genius behind this surprising EP deserves a price)

10. Gfriend (8,85)

There is a sense of majesty and nostalgia in Gfriend songs that can’t be replicate elsewhere in the musical landscape. They embody a subtle elegance that I really love.

Songs that I recommend : Me gustas tu, Rough, Summer rain, Time for the moon night, Sunrise, Mago, Crossroads, White, The wheel of the year, Here we are, Room of mirrors, Neverland, Water Flower, Mermaid, Rainbow, Flower Garden, You are not alone

Favorite album : Songs of sirens or Season of Glass ( it’s just impossible for me to choose between their first album and one of the last ones).

Honorable mentions :

11. Blackpink
12. Apink
13. Twice
14. WJSN
15. Brown Eyed Girls

Post your favorite girl group discography if you want to. :nekolove:

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
ladies code has some good stuff, not sure if they break 20 though
BVNDIT is spilt between decent and semi decent stuff, but I think MNH gave up on them :yolk:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
ladies code has some good stuff, not sure if they break 20 though
BVNDIT is spilt between decent and semi decent stuff, but I think MNH gave up on them :yolk:

Ladies Code have really good song. I rather like BVNDIT songs. They came back last spring, don’t tell me that they are disbanded ?

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Ooh this is a lot of work Hally I like it :nakypog:
If you mind sharing the individual group rankings song wise or album wise, I'd love to see :nekolove:

You could even blog about this stuff lol if you wanted to. Ofc listening to all this is a lot of work anyway, so writing extensively on top of it might be too much :yolk:

Miss A is a pleasant surprise and the group I've heard the least from this list, except Berry Good that is. I'll look into them more :sanapray:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
My fav ggs are up there so I’m satisfied:llama_tea:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Ooh this is a lot of work Hally I like it :nakypog:
If you mind sharing the individual group rankings song wise or album wise, I'd love to see :nekolove:

You could even blog about this stuff lol if you wanted to. Ofc listening to all this is a lot of work anyway, so writing extensively on top of it might be too much :yolk:

Miss A is a pleasant surprise and the group I've heard the least from this list, except Berry Good that is. I'll look into them more :sanapray:
i will post everything tomorrow when I will be on my laptop.

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
Ladies Code have really good song. I rather like BVNDIT songs. They came back last spring, don’t tell me that they are disbanded ?
idk, they used to have nearly daily updates, but the entire group account went completely silent
it's been 45 days already, and mnh barely posts updates (or are really late in doing so), so I'm kind of losing hope

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
idk, they used to have nearly daily updates, but the entire group account went completely silent
it's been 45 days already, and mnh barely posts updates (or are really late in doing so), so I'm kind of losing hope
didn't they announce a hiatus?

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
didn't they announce a hiatus?
no clue, they suddenly went poof and disappeared
someone found jungwoo on a friend's tiktok and messaged the friend, but the friend said that she had no clue what jungwoo was up to

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It’s unfortunate. They are a talented girl group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread