I lost at Poetry UK contest (2 Viewers)

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I didn't get a win and there were a jaw dropping 19,000 entries
I am not going again,

It feels like a little win isn't possible.

especially you have to pay per poem.

@kimsguardian
@XIAO
@Ahsoka
 

owo

the moon guy
.
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
53,960
Reactions Received
17,136
Location
neptune
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,130
Fandom
moons
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
he/him
Wreck
i would say never give up!!! but is it super expensive? :dying:
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian

owo

the moon guy
.
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
53,960
Reactions Received
17,136
Location
neptune
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,130
Fandom
moons
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
he/him
Wreck

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
  • Sad
Reactions: owo
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,025
Reactions Received
52,922
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,280
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I didn't get a win and there were a jaw dropping 19,000 entries
I am not going again,

It feels like a little win isn't possible.

especially you have to pay per poem.

@kimsguardian
@XIAO
@Ahsoka
To write the poem yes
giving the money for it definitely no
Wat was the prize(s) tho? Seems like too much payout[$30,000 purely from entries, at least] for little reward to me. If u had fun may be worth it but you do you.

Make a thread with ur poem if u want to.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Wat was the prize(s) tho? Seems like too much payout[$30,000 purely from entries, at least] for little reward to me. If u had fun may be worth it but you do you.

Make a thread with ur poem if u want to.
I didn't get my poem back I do not think.
I am not sure if they hand em back

first prize was 5000 pounds
 
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,025
Reactions Received
52,922
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,280
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I didn't get my poem back I do not think.
I am not sure if they hand em back

first prize was 5000 pounds
Hmm, if u dont get back ur poem-do the contest runners own the poem?
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,025
Reactions Received
52,922
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,280
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,418
Reactions Received
9,439
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,713
Gender
Male
You wouldn't be the first great author who wasn't understood at first. Margaret Mitchell was rejected 38 times before she published Gone With the Wind.

But wait, there's more:

 
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,418
Reactions Received
9,439
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,713
Gender
Male
why would u pay for an entry? :jisoosmh:
I'd not visit any poetry contests. I'd start a blog (at Blogger or Wordpress where I can reach many people). Then I'd publish my stories or poetry. Then I'd wait how people react. If people like my stuff, I'd think about self publishing my books via Amazon. If you are good, people will come. There's no need to get demotivated by one-track specialists because they're rarely the target group.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
  • Like
Reactions: Selfmate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread