I love how fake/manufactured Kpop is (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Classical musicians and ballerinas alike spend their lives and careers paying tribute to the great artistry of long-dead composers from highly-regarded eras of classical music, from baroque to romantic. There's enough material there to fill several lifetimes of study and performance. It's a perfectly valid form of challenging yourself, bringing out new details in old music, and keeping said old music alive.

This isn't comparable to some producers selling their songs to a company and the company going, "Okay, here, Group #11, take this," repeated ad nauseam. It's not a cultural movement, it's not honoring anyone or the past, and while some songs might be challenging to adapt to, you don't spend years studying for it.

It's true that none of these artists write their own music... but the similarities end there.
So basically songs HAVE to be a cultural movement, honoring someone/the past, challenging to adapt to, or studied for years, to be good??? Every single one??? Chill OUT bro
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
not their fault for being an "idiot" when music executives make it seem like what they're saying is reliable. the majority of kpop companies are all the same in managing their idols, choosing another company is not a choice. many go into signing contracts thinking that they won't be screwed over like the rest because companies take advantage and manipulate them into signing. not being able to afford is a big factor but the way these companies mentally manipulate young children who don't know how to make decisions, and then also manipulating naive parents who want their children to succeed into signing contracts is another big factor as well.
Look, you’re not gonna change my mind and I’m not gonna change your mind. Stream filter and read yo contracts
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Idols already have a hell of a life, at least not having to produce and being criticized for it is some comfort.

Let the produce thing for the ones that like doing it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
You're the one who seems to be having an aneurysm with each post
That’s just how I type lol once the excessive question marks and capitalization gets you you can never turn back
 
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Idols don't need to compose their own music it's not a requirement to be successful. idols just need to sing it well, Tho composition can benefit idols in many other ways. I personally love when Taemin, Crush, IU Suga, Jb and Day6 (I follow a lot of song writers:LATINAAA:) speak their mind and personal experiences through these songs, Rather than watching mercenaries who would sing and dance to anything as long as the paying is good.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Haha
Reactions: Hajima

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I have been always mixed about this. I'm fan of artistry, artist that make their own art and then perform it, artist outside of Korea who I have been following are pretty much all like that. They write, sometimes also compose their own stuff, they have clear voice and vision of what they portray with their art.

In kpop it's sometimes hard to find this, though not always- many of my current favs both write and compose songs. But I acknowledge that there is lot of good music and performances of said music without idols having creative control. Still I'd argue that idols having more role in the music and art makes better songs overall and also makes better performances. I also feel that many of the idols want to write and compose songs even if all of them won't get chance.

Though having big professional team does bring more quality than having just artist who does everything. The mv qualities are high, albums come out fast (apart from YG who is into "artists" so maybe it fits), performances are perfected (though sometimes too much). Kpop being manifactured is one of it's charms. But that doesn't mean there is no space of artistry.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I am not a fan of this side of kpop at all tbh, I don't even like the word "idol" and I wish these human beings were more free to be who they truly are and express themselves according to their sincere thoughts and feelings...... but this is what kpop is all about and maybe I'm at fault for even letting it be a part of my life when this is how I feel..
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I am not a fan of this side of kpop at all tbh, I don't even like the word "idol" and I wish these human beings were more free to be who they truly are and express themselves according to their sincere thoughts and feelings...... but this is what kpop is all about and maybe I'm at fault for even letting it be a part of my life when this is how I feel..
You can feel whatever you want but if its that important to you you’re looking in the wrong place, maybe come back in ten years when Kpop gets ruined by western thinking
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I agree ,besides..some idols just aren't good at producing
say it louder and prouder

SOME IDOLS JUST ARENT GOOD AT PRODUCING
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Shimmer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread