I love my pup <3 (1 Viewer)

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,315
Reactions Received
75,408
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
141,939
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
Half a month has gone by since my pup went through his most difficult time. We're getting there day by day. His body is still recovering from coming close to shutting down.
And with that comes it's own set of difficulties.

He's on medication that makes him want to drink a lot and pee a lot. It's consistent throughout the night as well. He needs to go every 60-90 minutes. Our sleep has been horrible. I've joined Exi in her middle of the night ventures on discord XD
My brother and I take turns keeping him throughout the night. Although, it's mostly been me. Ever since he was a puppy, I've developed the alertness at night to wake up when he needs to relieve himself or if he has to throw up or if the runny butts hit him. I just know when those paws make the first tippy tap sound.

Sometimes he has no control and goes on himself and he looks at me like he doesn't know what's going on. And I'm just like, "It's okay, it's not your fault. It's the drugs."

Another side effect has been his weight. His body has been packing on a lot of water weight and it's hard for him to stay on his feet too long. He wants to play and go on long walks but he asks to go back after a quarter of a block and easily slips just slow running towards a ball. I'm scared he's gonna break a leg too :welp:You can see just how hard he's trying and I wanna do whatever it is he wants for him.

The financial burden has been really tough too. We did not have insurance for him (now we do) but this is considered pre-existing so the hospital bills won't be covered. I've had to shell out 10k+ USD. Would I do it again if something else happened to him. Yes. I'd sell my kidney if I had to just to cover the cost of any treatment he'd need.

It's just so hard. There are so many questions and I don't know where to even get the answers. There's no immediate answer.
Sometimes I just wanna stay home and cry the whole day because I don't know how I can help him. How do I make him feel better? You know. He's also not up to date on certain vaccines because it could cause a negative reaction while he's on medication so he's limited to a few of his pup friends that come over when they have the time.

I don't know. I just wanted to rant a bit. My child is everything and I love seeing his floofy face. So I'll leave ya'll with some recent smiles and proud accomplishments of his.

My child, the anteater look-a-like, who destroyed a new ball in five seconds, and was very VERY proud about it.
IMG_2998.jpg
70302162940__A1DD2AAD-4456-47F7-BFEE-9BA5EBEB5F47.jpg
IMG_2982.jpg

My floofy floofy sweet kid.
IMG_3015.jpg
 

litc

❤️NCT Wish❤️
.
.
Joined
2 October 2021
Messages
21,800
Reactions Received
50,582
Location
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,454
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
Half a month has gone by since my pup went through his most difficult time. We're getting there day by day. His body is still recovering from coming close to shutting down.
And with that comes it's own set of difficulties.

He's on medication that makes him want to drink a lot and pee a lot. It's consistent throughout the night as well. He needs to go every 60-90 minutes. Our sleep has been horrible. I've joined Exi in her middle of the night ventures on discord XD
My brother and I take turns keeping him throughout the night. Although, it's mostly been me. Ever since he was a puppy, I've developed the alertness at night to wake up when he needs to relieve himself or if he has to throw up or if the runny butts hit him. I just know when those paws make the first tippy tap sound.

Sometimes he has no control and goes on himself and he looks at me like he doesn't know what's going on. And I'm just like, "It's okay, it's not your fault. It's the drugs."

Another side effect has been his weight. His body has been packing on a lot of water weight and it's hard for him to stay on his feet too long. He wants to play and go on long walks but he asks to go back after a quarter of a block and easily slips just slow running towards a ball. I'm scared he's gonna break a leg too :welp:You can see just how hard he's trying and I wanna do whatever it is he wants for him.

The financial burden has been really tough too. We did not have insurance for him (now we do) but this is considered pre-existing so the hospital bills won't be covered. I've had to shell out 10k+ USD. Would I do it again if something else happened to him. Yes. I'd sell my kidney if I had to just to cover the cost of any treatment he'd need.

It's just so hard. There are so many questions and I don't know where to even get the answers. There's no immediate answer.
Sometimes I just wanna stay home and cry the whole day because I don't know how I can help him. How do I make him feel better? You know. He's also not up to date on certain vaccines because it could cause a negative reaction while he's on medication so he's limited to a few of his pup friends that come over when they have the time.

I don't know. I just wanted to rant a bit. My child is everything and I love seeing his floofy face. So I'll leave ya'll with some recent smiles and proud accomplishments of his.

My child, the anteater look-a-like, who destroyed a new ball in five seconds, and was very VERY proud about it.
IMG_2998.jpg
70302162940__A1DD2AAD-4456-47F7-BFEE-9BA5EBEB5F47.jpg
IMG_2982.jpg

My floofy floofy sweet kid.
IMG_3015.jpg
I read the whole thing, hoping all the best for you guys:pandasad:

it’s great he’s recovering
 
  • Love
Reactions: Nina

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,399
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
All animals know that toys are meant to be destroyed in the minimum time possible :sanapray: The more expensive they are the more urgent destruction is.
On a more serious note I hope he continues to improve. Pets are such a big part of us, but sadly also get sick like anyone else. They really deserve the world. On a good side with him though is that he's got you to help, it's obvious that as far as pet owners go you're a really good one and he's lucky to have you, just like you're lucky to have him too.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Nina

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,315
Reactions Received
75,408
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
141,939
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
All animals know that toys are meant to be destroyed in the minimum time possible :sanapray: The more expensive they are the more urgent destruction is.
For sure. The sofa was his most expensive toy :kijoongstare:
followed by the coffee table. :susPepe:
:welp: And two area rugs we just gave up on.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread