COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

I miss music stores (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
Does anyone miss going to music stores and browsing the thousands of CDs on display?

Stores like Music Land and Camelot were staples in Malls all across America in the 80s and 90s.

I will always be a sucker for physical media. No matter how much space it takes up.

PWSwan

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Psycho
Pronouns
She/her
I miss having them in every mall, but we have enough independent stores/small chains here that I'm satisfied. We have one FYE in the entire state as well as Barnes & Noble.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
I miss having them in every mall, but we have enough independent stores/small chains here that I'm satisfied. We have one FYE in the entire state as well as Barnes & Noble.
I wonder how many Barnes & Noble stores are left?

sunghooked

Gunil wants YOU to buy/stream Troubleshooting!
Reactions Received
streaming Toubleshooting by XDH - are YOU???
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi/Villain
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Oh, I remember those! I can remember going in with anticipation, just itching to get my hands on a copy of that new album that just came out, looking at the tracklist in the checkout line, and blasting it in the car all the way home. *sigh* Good times, good times.

sunghooked

Gunil wants YOU to buy/stream Troubleshooting!
Reactions Received
streaming Toubleshooting by XDH - are YOU???
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi/Villain
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
And this is slightly OT, but back then, artists would also only release the first single like two months in advance so we wouldn't have to wait too long for the album. Nowadays, it seems like we have to wait TWO YEARS! I mean, some artists still do it the old way, like Zayn, but yeah.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Warehouse

all the resale places fun times.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
Does anyone miss going to music stores and browsing the thousands of CDs on display?

Stores like Music Land and Camelot were staples in Malls all across America in the 80s and 90s.

I will always be a sucker for physical media. No matter how much space it takes up.
yes
youtube spotify etc all ruined this
i miss it too
shame on humanity for making things easier:sj_weary:

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I used to like going into the import chain music stores cos they had all sorts of stuff id only heard of but nvr listened to or only seen on mtv, hmv, virgin megastore n borders were my go to place to discover/try to listen to the cd of indie/alternative singers like jane siberry n ani difranco. Not all appealed to me but at least i could try to listen to those id only read abt b4. Its much more difficult to listen to stuff you might be interested in now unless u pay in advance for spotify or other streaming service. Even when i paid for a 3 mth trial i barely listened as much as when i listened to cds/cassettes when i was younger. Maybe you hv to be young to listen to unknown to you music on streaming services. Im too old school ig. Tho i tried listening to stuff i read abt on npr b4. But not rlly into teens popular music now like phoebe bridger or whoever the kids are into nowadays.give me rachael yamagata or vienna teng anyday.

PWSwan

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Psycho
Pronouns
She/her
I wonder how many Barnes & Noble stores are left?
629, last time they published the data. We have more than one B&N in the metro area; we've only ever had one FYE.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread