- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,388
- Reactions Received
- 151,400
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,595
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
But I feel like I should have
Next step, figuring out how to give a fish CPR
oh god. that's really horrifying to think about reallyBut I feel like I should haveNext step, figuring out how to give a fish CPR
![]()
Im not doctor or vet, but it seems to me that for humans it would only make sense to do them from the front. If you do them from the side you have to work harder to stimulate the heart to move, and you’d be breaking all their bones because of the bones and shape of the bones. You can break bones still doing it from the front, but probably not nearly as much as from the side, since from the side you could break their ribs, spine, and all those other bones, vs mostly just ribs if done from the front. And the heart is closer from the front than side. With giraffes, given their shape, I think it’s more likely that doing it from the front will have the same effect as sideways on a person, meaning you could break basically all the bones in that area, and it may be harder to reach heart from the front and therefore need more force (less positive about this one, but it’s possible). Giraffes are just comparatively narrow from the front and wide from the sides, while humans are the opposite.o.o I got curious
![]()
But I still have many questions. Mainly, are the chest compression supposed to be done sideways?
I imagine theyll just flop to the side and someone is gonna have to balance them if the chest compressions have to be dead center.
fingers instead of hands and blow water with a strawfiguring out how to give a fish CPR
Sideways got itIm not doctor or vet, but it seems to me that for humans it would only make sense to do them from the front. If you do them from the side you have to work harder to stimulate the heart to move, and you’d be breaking all their bones because of the bones and shape of the bones. You can break bones still doing it from the front, but probably not nearly as much as from the side, since from the side you could break their ribs, spine, and all those other bones, vs mostly just ribs if done from the front. And the heart is closer from the front than side. With giraffes, given their shape, I think it’s more likely that doing it from the front will have the same effect as sideways on a person, meaning you could break basically all the bones in that area, and it may be harder to reach heart from the front and therefore need more force (less positive about this one, but it’s possible). Giraffes are just comparatively narrow from the front and wide from the sides, while humans are the opposite.
Also yeah, if you had to do them from the front you’d need a lot more help because no way can someone balance a giraffe while doing chest compressions![]()
well if @Nina needs CPR we know who to callfingers instead of hands and blow water with a straw
now now careful who you show your selfie toocall me fish doctor
![]()