I Think I Just Listened To My Favorite Album Of All Time (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I Think I Just Listened To My Favorite Album Of All Time




Apparently in 2007 KARA dropped my favorite kpop album of all time: The First Blooming.

I had no idea.

I first "discovered" kpop in 2007, but I was so caught up in Yoona and SNSD I didn't expose myself to the greater world of kpop until years later.

Thus I missed a lot.

The last week or so I've been slowly delving back through libraries of old groups, slowly but surely. I want to see what I missed.

Well I started going through KARA.

The group I've heard many proclaim one of the "legendary" groups of kpop.

All I knew about KARA was basically that they had Goo Hara, who I first saw not through kpop but in City Hunter, where I fell in love.

Anyway, long story short, their first album, The First Blooming, has blown me away.

What a record.

I am by nature not an album person. I'm rarely taken with an album as a whole. There seems to always be numerous tracks I could more or less "do with out".

But T1B is solid from start to finish.

And oh my god how refreshing.

From it's first track to it's last, it takes you through this beautiful ride of stripped down, simple R&B beauty, croon, and style.

Here is an album that has this retro charm that seems to will you to want to cruise with the top down on some summer night with friends, chanting along to the sing along raps, crooning and crying, sharing in the slow jams, the anthems, and the magic.

I'm astonished this was a commercial failure.

It is my favorite album in kpop.

Thanks KARA.

Give it a listen.




Eman's Favorites:

Gold:

If You Wanna



Don't Be Shy


Silver:

Broken Promise



Secret World


Bronze:

Two Of Us



I'll Be There





KARA - The First Blooming (Full Album)

 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I don’t know which Kpop album is my all time favorite, but my favorite album overall is predia first full album « Kokou no Dahlia ni Kuchizuke wo (孤高のダリアにくちづけを) »
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
The album is beautiful from start to finish and I think that I need to listen to it now again lol:nekolove:
I will check it too !
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yes I love this album. Kara will always be one of my top groups.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread