I Will Always Love You vs My Heart Will Go On - Which Song Was More Popular In Your Country? (2 Viewers)

Which Song Is More Iconic?

  • I Will Always Love You

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • My Heart Will Go On

    Votes: 6 75.0%

  • Total voters
    8

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
The ultimate classics showdown!
Also, I'm having a debate on Twitter so I'm making a random poll. Let me know which song was more famous for you, growing up. Thanks :sanapray:
-




-
God both songs are so iconic that I get nostalgia just listening to both intros lool​
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
both are iconic but 'The Titanic song' is just THE SONG :sj_weary:
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah same! Like, I feel like "The Titanic Song" is slightly more iconic for some reason.
I believe it's because "The Titanic" as movie, had way more cultural impact than "The bodyguard". Not to discredit Whitney's acting but people barely remember the movie, or associate "I will always love you" with it. Even "I have nothing" was featured there but nobody recalls it was part of the soundtrack.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I believe it's because "The Titanic" as movie, had way more cultural impact than "The bodyguard". Not to discredit Whitney's acting but people barely remember the movie, or associate "I will always love you" with it. Even "I have nothing" was featured there but nobody recalls it was part of the soundtrack.
This is true! I completely forgot I Have Nothing was apart of the soundtrack too! Iconic soundtrack :sj_weary:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
The Titanic song, easily. It was like the first English song a lot of us ever heard.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I say this as someone who was actually around when Titanic was released :nekosweat:
I can't overstate enough how massive it was lol. My parents took me with them to the movie theater for a Hollywood movie, no dubs, it was packed. 7 year old me remembers :yolk:

And the song used to play on all the music channels.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I say this as someone who was actually around when Titanic was released :nekosweat:
I can't overstate enough how massive it was lol. My parents took me with them to the movie theater for a Hollywood movie, no dubs, it was packed. 7 year old me remembers :yolk:

And the song used to play on all the music channels.
Yeah my parents said the same thing. They said Celine Dion herself was way bigger than Whitney Houston ever was, when they were growing up.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah my parents said the same thing. They said Celine Dion herself was way bigger than Whitney Houston ever was, when they were growing up.
Yeah it was probably different in North America but here people didn't really know Whitney all that much until later, but Celine Dion became a household name just for that one song lol. Most of us don't know any of her other songs though :haylul:

It was basically Celine and then Britney and Backstreet in terms of which Western artists were most popular here. Other than MJ of course.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Ngl I'm really surprised by the results so far :nekosweat:
I Will Always Love You is just that song. It's one of those songs that people sing just to prove they can, it's a meme, it's essentially synonymous with Whitney if not even bigger than she is
I've really never heard the Titanic song outside of Titanic
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Ngl I'm really surprised by the results so far :nekosweat:
I Will Always Love You is just that song. It's one of those songs that people sing just to prove they can, it's a meme, it's essentially synonymous with Whitney if not even bigger than she is
I've really never heard the Titanic song outside of Titanic
Wow two different worlds. Both songs were almost equally iconic here in Canada, with MHWGO just having a bit more edge. Well ig, at our age, it really depends who our parents listened to the most since these songs came out when we were way young.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread