If NCT adopted the AKB48 system... (2 Viewers)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
- One umbrella group called NCT where all members of the brother groups can participate in the comebacks.

- Location based brother groups (127 and WayV for now) have frequent comebacks a year. Winwin would have to choose one group to stay with (WayV).

- Dream would just be a sub-unit group and wouldn't be one of the "main" brother groups because the lineup varies depending on the member's age.

- Grand Reshuffles can happen where members can be transferred to a different brother group or can hold concurrent positions in other brother groups (preferably newer brother groups) to help that brother group gain popularity.

- Yearly General Elections will happen to determine who participates in an NCT comeback. Priority for center spots and screentime will depend on the ranking. Maybe Top 9 for the title track, another 9 for the b-side and each brother group will have one song in that album.

- NCT to hold handshake events per release. Every album comes with a handshake ticket worth 12 seconds (?) since AKB handshake tickets are worth 3 seconds and NCT's albums are like 4 times more expensive lol The fans can hold the idol's hand and talk to them depending on the handshake tickets that they would like to spend on that member. 60 seconds is the maximum per session, so if the fan has more than that, they'll have to fall in line again.

- NCT to have monthly celebrations (in COEX or something) depending on their birth month (aside from the usual birthday shows that SM has) where members can prepare solo special stages and games with fans. Monthly celebration themed goods can also be availed like photocards, t-shirts, and a polaroid picture with the member/s that you pay for.

Birthdays so far:
January - Kun and Lucas
February - Johnny, Doyoung, Ten, Jaehyun, Jungwoo, and Jisung
March - Renjun
April - Jeno
May - N/A
June - Taeil and Haechan
July - Taeyong
August - Mark, Xiaojun and Jaemin
September - Hendery
October - Yuta, Winwin and Yangyang
November - Chenle
December - N/A

Imagine the money that they can make with this system especially the polaroid tactic since SM idols can't take pictures with ordinary fans (right?).

- Members who want to graduate from NCT to have a graduation stage/concert.

Thank you for reading my long ass post.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I don't know if I would like it or not. I don't want any members to 'graduate' because I'll be sad to see them go. But I would love the idea birthday celebrations as long as it isn't on their actual birthday because they might want to celebrate with family and friends.

I also hate the idea of 'top ranking'. It will always be the same few members in the spotlight and the less popular members wont get enough screentime which means less fans as well. The idea of it is quite sad. I don't like the fact that AKB48 have it either.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't know if I would like it or not. I don't want any members to 'graduate' because I'll be sad to see them go. But I would love the idea birthday celebrations as long as it isn't on their actual birthday because they might want to celebrate with family and friends.

I also hate the idea of 'top ranking'. It will always be the same few members in the spotlight and the less popular members wont get enough screentime which means less fans as well. The idea of it is quite sad. I don't like the fact that AKB48 have it either.
I mean the concept of NCT is that it has unlimited members so SM expects some of them to graduate in the future.

The birthday celebrations (at least in MNL48 cause that's the one I've been to) are only 1.5 to 2 hours then the rest is for the selling of the merch and the polaroid picture taking, they're usually done at the end of the month. I think it will also be a nice way to see some members interact like for example in August, I don't think we've seen Mark and Jaemin interact with Xiaojun?

The thing with the elections is that it's not just a popularity contest but more like which fandom would be willing to spend the most money to get that member in the higher rank. Like in AKB, Ogino Yuka ranked #4 last year with the help of her rich fans even though her individual fandom is not that big compared to the likes of Sakura and Jurina. So if for some reason the Princess of some rich country is a fan of Taeil, that can shoot his ranking up lol
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I mean the concept of NCT is that it has unlimited members so SM expects some of them to graduate in the future.
Not necessarily! NCT 127 can promote like a normal kpop group in theory as long as they please. They might make it like Super Junior and stay intact for 15 or so years! Same for WayV and the other units to come!

The infinite members so far doesn't seem like members will be replaced as time goes by, but new units will be made with new members.
 
  • Love
Reactions: JJbaker
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Not necessarily! NCT 127 can promote like a normal kpop group in theory as long as they please. They might make it like Super Junior and stay intact for 15 or so years! Same for WayV and the other units to come!

The infinite members so far doesn't seem like members will be replaced as time goes by, but new units will be made with new members.
Oh I swear I read something about a member can leave when he wants to before lol
 
  • Wow
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Oh I swear I read something about a member can leave when he wants to before lol
I've heard that being said aswell, but I have never seen it from anywhere official... Besides that Doyoung I think on Weekly idol said noone will leave.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I've heard that being said aswell, but I have never seen it from anywhere official... Besides that Doyoung I think on Weekly idol said noone will leave.
Cause all the ones that are prone to leave are in China already:joysip:
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I dont like it
I dont want the certain members to always be the center
plus i dont want members to get forgotten and then just leave
plus akb48 is bad for just adding members every year and members leaving like every other month

I know we will get to a point nct members will leave but im hoping its purely for being to old and want to start a family etc

plus as dream is my bias group what is already forgotten and has no comebacks or promotion i do not want less cause that is basically disbandment
 
  • Like
Reactions: baekk
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Oh I swear I read something about a member can leave when he wants to before lol
I've heard that being said aswell, but I have never seen it from anywhere official... Besides that Doyoung I think on Weekly idol said noone will leave.
Ah this is about nct dream
and said by sm on official statement
about how members can graduate at any point not just at the age of 19
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ah this is about nct dream
and said by sm on official statement
about how members can graduate at any point not just at the age of 19
From what I remember I read it sometime when the NCT concept was announced (before debut). I can't seem to find any traces of it now though.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
From what I remember I read it sometime when the NCT concept was announced (before debut). I can't seem to find any traces of it now though.
I think thats just a rumour tbh cause they have always said members wont leave from the very start
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,695
Reactions Received
93,500
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,392
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
From what I remember I read it sometime when the NCT concept was announced (before debut). I can't seem to find any traces of it now though.
Sm tried for a decade and change to get this idea off the ground in Korea fans killed it for SJ.
Some of this could be interesting.... like there is so much money in china would china buy the ranks?
Make it really interesting and release daily vote tally's during the last week.

IZ One is doing some of this and it is really working for them. (for example they have a fraction of twice or bp fans yet they are selling ballpark numbers.) ~ 1 in 2.5 fans is willing to buy a album for iz one this ratio is crazy(for example bts is in the 4's with a 3.5 million sales). ~1 in 13.5 for twice and ~21.8 for bp. Lovelyz is efficient at ~1 in 15 which is about where RV and gfriend are.
29969
29970

29972
29973


( i was low key really hoping o get a read on this( china voting) with akb this year but it went to *^%$.)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: feepit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread