If You Managed Your Own Company ... (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Who do you think you would sign to your label?
Which soloists would you go for? Which members of groups would you want?
Would you have a specific company style? Would you focus more towards
rapping, vocals, visuals?


I'm ngl, I'd have a girl dominated label. Only girls.

No specific company style, I think that a mixture of different concepts
for girl groups as well as soloists would be nice and if we have rappers they
better be actually decent so I'd probably sign idols like Jennie,
Le, Hyuna & Soyeon. However, I'd mostly like to focus on vocals
to make sure the group has good vocals and strong ones at that.

I'ma also take in all the girlies that are forced to leave because
of "scandals" aka dating and Park Boms situation <-<

​
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'll take all of SM and be nice to them and make them more talented since sM is jusT inTErESted IN vIsuAlS. We'll have an SMTown Election and an SMTown Rock Paper Scissors Tournament a la AKB48 lol.

SMTown Election will be an election within the idols of SM to elect the top 5 male and females (one full 10 member co-ed group) that they want to see in a project group for the next SMTown Summer Album with full promotions.

SMTown Rock Paper Scissors Tournament will be done in the Halloween Party, the winners (one boy and one girl) will get a solo song in the SMTown Winter Album with full promotions.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,726
Reactions Received
93,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,771
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Its a tough deal, Best case you can run what 3-5 acts. To date just SM, JYP, DSP (kinda), starship (for a year?), cube (again kinda), OTR... have run 2+ gg most with only soloists from the groups.
The problem there is you are tied to 1 or 2 acts its the small business conundrum at each level. Things go great like source your golden, south like DSP/big hit and ouch, or you can not last thru the rough times like Pledis and you waste the kids lives. Let alone all the folks trying to get a group to break in.

I would struggle because i like solid vocal / dance groups and sm owns that mostly. What i would like is gather kids train em up and not bury them in debt, so i would either have to start out extremely well capitalized or find a way to monetize training them or both(hello mnet / stone/otr).
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I would probably go with sth similar as YG.. better and less shady management though xd Maybe bit in sense of smaller and more indie focused company though. But similar as YG in terms of focusing on song-writing, artistry, "unique" vocals and charisma over visuals and dance and even variety. Labels purpose would be give artists platform to do and release their music and act as support system for them, bit more western style company then i guess.

And actually I probably wouldn't do idol groups in traditional sense and rather have solo artists that do lot of collabs together, but also solo work.

Actually not that similar to YG anymore xd
Maybe how YG started with, minus hip hop. And more like YG in terms of signing up with lot of different kind of artist who aren't idols like Epik High and AKMU.

Well I have quite lot of artist I would like to see including Lim Kim, Ga-In, Sunmi, Xiah Junsu and Jaejoong (get them on that damn tv or sue every channel who says no), GD, AKMU.

I could sign Winner and remake them as poprock band, but I have feeling fans wouldn't agree with my vision xd

Eventually i'd probably make poprock group/band though, more in idol sense, but from trainees/upcoming artists.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I would probably also have my company be female dominated. I want all different types of concepts, but the groups themselves would choose. i think its good to not have just one specific style of music under a label. I think that I would prioritize vocals a lot more then i would in terms of rapping. But rapping would still be important. and in terms of dancing i think that i also want harder choreography for my girl groups. I want them to have the freedom to write, compose and just take part in their music. but if they don't that's fine as well but it would be encouraged.
If i could sign anyone on my label then blackpink would be my first choice, they have so much potential as a group and they deserve so much better, not to mention they're basically digital monsters, and their very popular globally.
I would also sign red velvet and twice on my label, they are just great girl groups. I would also sign a lot of other girl groups who i think are just amazing in general.
in terms of soloists, chungha, sunmi, heize, taeyeon and leehi would be my first choices. they're just solid soloists who perform and chart really well.
I really want my idols to be happy mentally, I want my company to be the opposite of normal kpop companies.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ineul_Ze

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
@Ineul_Ze
you can have that all, but I claim hyuna

I only need three artists to blow up the world:
taeyeon, hyuna, and sunmi

2nd gen wonders
there's nothing that will go wrong
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I would like to have a company like SM who focuses on vocal since I am singing myself and I love theirs songs the most. But I don’t care about visuals as much as them ( not at all to be honest).

As a group I would immediately sign EXO. ( I can’t prevent myself).

As soloists :
Chungha
Sunmi
Hyolin and Eunji ( so underrated)
Anda
BomI

And I would have two GG : one with a retro concept and the other with a dreamy one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ineul_Ze

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I would also run a mostly female dominated agency and mostly soloists. Preferably artists capable of song-writing since creative freedom is a big part of it. Composing is a bonus.
Well-rounders (Rap not needed)

Groups:
Cherry Bullet because they need a better home
The Rose

Soloists:
Seulgi
Yuju
Luna
Jihyo
Rosé
Jessica
Seohyun
Yuri
Sooyoung
Pristin's Eunwoo
All the T-ara
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I WOULD FIND SOMEONE WHO LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE TAEYONG AND MARRY HIM
 
  • Haha
Reactions: baekk

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: baekk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread