- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,399
- Reactions Received
- 151,414
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,603
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
So for no good reason I decided to hike at least part of all the trails listed on the Zion map that had shuttle stops. Why? No real reason, other than the fact that I saw I was close and decided to finish it
Some I only saw a very small part of the trail but for most of those I saw the “grand viewpoint” or whatever. And for the one I didn’t I experienced what it’s like and saw photos from my parents if what it’s like farther so I have some idea. I’ll also add a landscape photo from each one that I took.
This one may not be the most spectacular but I think it’s gorgeous, and it’s a short and easy hike for this prettiness so thats a bonus. The things that look like shiny beads are water droplets
It’s not as easy as Weeping Rock, but it’s also relatively short and not overly steep. It had some great views of Watchman Peak, other formations, and the nearby town/city.
Okay so this one is unique and has amazing views. It’s also scary af which bumped it down quite a few places
Like I don’t care for crossing boulders angled in the direction of a cliff (in other words, you slip and let go and good luck) which are also covered by a layer of fine sand to make it slipperier. I don’t get how so many people are so okay with that but I wasn’t a fan. The views were awesome though.
A welcome relief from the other pools, which were lamer. Not the most fascinating, but pretty and easy enough so it was worth it. And no we didn’t meet a shadow monster I decided to block myself out 
So I made a thread a couple days ago about balancing on slippery rocks while a current pushes you, this is what it was about. It’s also unique, but I was super slow and took 100 years to go from the start to the nearest area that wasn’t underwater. I saw some photos from the father parts because my parents went further but if you’re like me, it’s not worth it. That being said many people aren’t like me, but even so, take into account time needed to spend drying your boots with a hairdryer
Or air dry. Or use water shoes. But yeah, looks cool but isn’t worth it as much imo. Also be careful with your phone ofc because if you’re in the river section, which is most of it, dropping it is costly. Plus with my parents, my mom had to swim because of the water level at some point and I prefer trails that are a bit drier. Also disclaimer, the photo isn’t that amazing because I didn’t go far, my parents photos are better. But I want to use just mine for these.
This trail is usually used to get to the pools, so it’s just a get one place to another trail. But I found it pretty and easy enough, so I raked it relatively high. It’s lowkey more worth it than the Lower and Middle pools.
It has its nice views but too sandy
Deep sand isn’t that fun when hiking, especially uphill. I saw a fox which was the highlight of my trip on this trail. But the other trails are worse. Oh and there was so much poop, mostly probably from horses. I get it, horses need exercise. But hiking while picking your way through a ton of poop isn’t the most fun. Also I’ll add a bonus photo of the pile of sand my sand catchers collected. I mean hiking boots. And just one boot at that. Not both combined.
I didn’t hike this trail really, only really saw the pools. I’ve heard the trail is very easy. It’s okay, not ugly but doesn’t have the wow factor. I’d say it’s just alright, but if the bridge were fixed and someone visited who wasn’t a super strong hiker, it could be an okay trail/viewpoint for them. The pool is small (tbf it’s a desert) but the waterfall is kind of cute. This photo doesn’t have the pool but I find the waterfall more worthy of attention, though it’s small too.
It’s another trail mostly to get from one place to another. The views are okay sometimes but the bighorn sheep were the real highlight. I waited for ages for them to move to the clearing because I wanted to know what animal it was and it payed off. Otherwise it’s easy but meh. I also saw a mule deer lying
It was kind of boring compared to others. At least it wasn’t hard.
It’s only good to get to the Narrows. Or maybe if you use a wheelchair because if you do your trails are limited. But I don’t actually have any photos from there because I found it boring 
Not worth it. Very very underwhelming and not easy enough of a hike to consider it good enough.
Last edited: