- Joined
- 4 November 2018
- Messages
- 17,947
- Reactions Received
- 38,146
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 16,470
- Fandom
- inspirit
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- Goddess
- Ship
- Wreck
I am a religious person.
I don't know if I show it often on here or not but I am genuinely a religious person.
Not like a religious person who is hateful though?
I support the LGBT+ community, I think the church should be open to all who need it.
Things like that-I firmly believe God loves everyone.
No matter what and I think the vitriol some people spit is horrendous.
But this post is about the pastor that took over my church and destroyed it.
So let me lay it bare the pastor I grew up with was beyond kind.
He was accepting of all to the point that we had some openly gay members within our congregation.
Our church was very open and welcoming to anyone.
If you wanted to get married there you could-there were no rules against it.
The church was so welcoming and our pastor was so kind.
I grew up learning that God loves all.
That despite our sins he loves us.
Then cue right around the time I'm entering college we have a Vicor enter.
I wasn't the biggest fan of him right away.
His sermons were all over the place and lasted too long and most of the time
they would end and I would be either asleep or beyond confused.
I never learned anything from his services.
Then one fateful sermon he started talking about people who are LGBT+
(I believe at this point my old pastor had officially moved on).
It was the vilest service I have ever listened to-I had to walkout
and go to the bathroom to calm myself down.
I was crying. I had never heard such hateful shit spewed at my church.
It was horrendous.
And ever since then I was hell-bent on hating this man and what he'd done.
Every service he had I would have to leave the church.
I would have to just get up and walk out.
Or I would fall asleep.
Then I went off to college and found out that my sister
wanted to get married there-we had FUCKING grown up there.
But the pastor had said no because she was living with her fiance out of wedlock.
...
She had been there way before this fucking bastard and this was never a rule before.
The guy is awful. He shouldn't be barring entry to the church.
My sister was raised there alongside me and my other sister.
She should've been allowed to get married there-what a fucking bastard.
Then to top it off my parents eventually stopped going there-that speaks VOLUMES.
My parents aren't the most open-minded people so for them to leave the church says something was really off.
After my grandma's funeral, I was sitting with my sisters and my one sister is very republican/right-leaning.
Her and her fiance are very open about their views but even SHE made a comment about how the pastor was so hateful towards people who are gay.
And how it felt like a cult-and she would know she almost got dragged into one before she realized what was going on.
LIKE THAT SCREAMS SOMETHING IS WRONG.
Then someone who is in a GC with me who still goes because of her family (not by choice)
said that he was telling the congregation that the vaccines were made from aborted babies...
.....
.....
Look I'm taking my time on getting a vaccine but oof that is just pure idiocy.
This is just so upsetting because this guy is a bastard and he ruined a beautiful church and congregation.
It makes me so mad I could cry.
I have lifelong friends I made from going there and we all still talk in a massive group chat.
None of us attend anymore and all of us hate this "pastor".
But it breaks my heart because I have so many beautiful memories there-and I loved our previous pastor.
To have something like that be destroyed by hatred is so heartbreaking and upsetting.
He ruined it.
I am still a believer in God.
But not the God this awful man preaches about.
I just needed to get this off my chest because I don't know where else to rant about it because it's so damn upsetting.
I don't know if I show it often on here or not but I am genuinely a religious person.
Not like a religious person who is hateful though?
I support the LGBT+ community, I think the church should be open to all who need it.
Things like that-I firmly believe God loves everyone.
No matter what and I think the vitriol some people spit is horrendous.
But this post is about the pastor that took over my church and destroyed it.
So let me lay it bare the pastor I grew up with was beyond kind.
He was accepting of all to the point that we had some openly gay members within our congregation.
Our church was very open and welcoming to anyone.
If you wanted to get married there you could-there were no rules against it.
The church was so welcoming and our pastor was so kind.
I grew up learning that God loves all.
That despite our sins he loves us.
Then cue right around the time I'm entering college we have a Vicor enter.
I wasn't the biggest fan of him right away.
His sermons were all over the place and lasted too long and most of the time
they would end and I would be either asleep or beyond confused.
I never learned anything from his services.
Then one fateful sermon he started talking about people who are LGBT+
(I believe at this point my old pastor had officially moved on).
It was the vilest service I have ever listened to-I had to walkout
and go to the bathroom to calm myself down.
I was crying. I had never heard such hateful shit spewed at my church.
It was horrendous.
And ever since then I was hell-bent on hating this man and what he'd done.
Every service he had I would have to leave the church.
I would have to just get up and walk out.
Or I would fall asleep.
Then I went off to college and found out that my sister
wanted to get married there-we had FUCKING grown up there.
But the pastor had said no because she was living with her fiance out of wedlock.
...
She had been there way before this fucking bastard and this was never a rule before.
The guy is awful. He shouldn't be barring entry to the church.
My sister was raised there alongside me and my other sister.
She should've been allowed to get married there-what a fucking bastard.
Then to top it off my parents eventually stopped going there-that speaks VOLUMES.
My parents aren't the most open-minded people so for them to leave the church says something was really off.
After my grandma's funeral, I was sitting with my sisters and my one sister is very republican/right-leaning.
Her and her fiance are very open about their views but even SHE made a comment about how the pastor was so hateful towards people who are gay.
And how it felt like a cult-and she would know she almost got dragged into one before she realized what was going on.
LIKE THAT SCREAMS SOMETHING IS WRONG.
Then someone who is in a GC with me who still goes because of her family (not by choice)
said that he was telling the congregation that the vaccines were made from aborted babies...
.....
.....
Look I'm taking my time on getting a vaccine but oof that is just pure idiocy.
This is just so upsetting because this guy is a bastard and he ruined a beautiful church and congregation.
It makes me so mad I could cry.
I have lifelong friends I made from going there and we all still talk in a massive group chat.
None of us attend anymore and all of us hate this "pastor".
But it breaks my heart because I have so many beautiful memories there-and I loved our previous pastor.
To have something like that be destroyed by hatred is so heartbreaking and upsetting.
He ruined it.
I am still a believer in God.
But not the God this awful man preaches about.
I just needed to get this off my chest because I don't know where else to rant about it because it's so damn upsetting.