By the way, here are some tips how I try to avoid AI-generated music. If you have more tips, feel free to post them here.
- If possible, I buy digital music on Bandcamp.
Music that is “generated wholly or in substantial part by AI” will now be taken down from the streaming service
pitchfork.com
- When I stumble over a new band, I google the band and their members. Are there informations, articles, interviews about and with the band? Did the members play in other bands before? Are there live clips and did the concerts really happen? Of course, this works with soloists too.
- I don't trust Social Media selfies and short clips anymore. Generating them with Deep Fake technology is no problem nowadays.
- I still trust the big and popular music companies (that said, Suno belongs to Warner now...). Unfortunately I may get AI generated MVs from them too but there are still human artists in the background (at least I hope so).
- As Rick Beato mentioned, I check the follower count of a successful artist. But I don't rely on such statistics alone, followers may be fakes too.
- I could listen to well-known or at least better known artists only. But it doesn't work for me because I want to discover new artists.