in a hypothetical brain transplant, (1 Viewer)

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
would the receiver gain the memories of the donor and/or their personality? This is assuming nothing goes wrong with the procedure itself and that brain was donated as in someone is freshly dead and they donated their brain??? idk how these things work but I'm curious
:pandatea:
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: Ahsoka and Tickita

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Google says that you're thinking about it wrong :wimwim:
Rather the donor is the one giving the body and the receiver is the person with the brain.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: dnb and mysteric
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Rather the donor is the one giving the body and the receiver is the person with the brain.
Begs the question. If the receiver retains memories would they be of an consequence. Its like if I forget the day I purposefully put my hand to a burner to see if I pulled back quick enough if I would feel pain... The memory is searing, but if I forgot the memory and had a catelog of my experiences written down, would I feel the same way about such a memory. Sort of like how I could read about a crime, but would feel more deeply if I seen it either happen in real time or fictionally depicted.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Begs the question. If the receiver retains memories would they be of an consequence. Its like if I forget the day I purposefully put my hand to a burner to see if I pulled back quick enough if I would feel pain... The memory is searing, but if I forgot the memory and had a catelog of my experiences written down, would I feel the same way about such a memory. Sort of like how I could read about a crime, but would feel more deeply if I seen it either happen in real time or fictionally depicted.
`I would imagine it would be the same as with your old body, since it isn't body dependent but memry dependent.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,040
Reactions Received
52,937
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,627
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
In a recent Spider-Man comic/series 'Superior Spider-Man' Doctor Octopus transferred his (dying body) mind into Spider-Man's body. Its over n Spidey has his body back with Ock forever banished(unless they re-vert the way they did it, i cant rmbr how now).

I always thot it dumb as brain patterns are physical (they used some pseudo science where the brain patterns overrode spidey's).

There was a book series/tv adaptation 'Altered Carbon' but i hvnt watched it, read the books umpty yrs ago but forgot most of it.

To me the only way is by magically/physically transplating the brain n then the brain would take over tat body.

Sorta like in 'Your Name' where no explanation was given, it kinda just magically/aliens? did it/ happened.

Wonder if the Spider-Man movies will ever have this story happen?

Im kinda curious how was OP originally worded tho.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread