Is 20s too old to be a Kpop stan? (1 Viewer)

Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Tbh I don't follow each and every group like I used to some years ago. But while Gfriend (and to some level Apink) are active I can't completely forget about it either. I listen to Gfriend music the most still, almost everyday.

But seeing how Kpop forums, youtube, twitter are all filled with teen stans :nekosweat: I feel so old and think my era is past. A lot of my friends who were huge Kpop stans in school now quit. It feels even worse when new debuting idols are now mostly younger than me. When my mom sees me scrolling through Gfriend photos sometimes, she says about how I still have't matured smh.

I am gonna be 21 this December.
 
Joined
14 April 2020
Messages
1,013
Reactions Received
1,693
Location
Ga Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
HELL NO u know some say if some say ur to old for this
"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT U WANNA DO OR GONNA DO"banna_Leamon Gone WIld (it a jpop)
 
Joined
14 April 2020
Messages
1,013
Reactions Received
1,693
Location
Ga Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
HELL NO u know some say if some say ur to old for this
"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT U WANNA DO OR GONNA DO"banna_Leamon Gone WIld (it a jpop)
EXCEPT FOR UR FAM ONLY LESS U PLAN ON BEING LABEL AS A BAD GIRL
 

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,799
Reactions Received
6,351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,202
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
I've got a decade on you and I work at a kpop site. I wasn't even a fan of kpop until my mid-late 20s Never, EVER let anyone tell you what you can and can't enjoy based on your age. I've seen grandparents who are kpop fans. Music doesn't have an age limit, it's universal.
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
.... So we're complaining about 20's being too old...
I shall just walk my 30 year old butt out then.. :sadcat:

Lol but seriously, I've been listening to kpop for a good 12 years now. I think as you get older (and hopefully focus on your real life) you start to kinda fade from the fandom stuff. Like for the first 2-3 years of kpop for me I had time to keep up and invest myself into more than the music, variety and concepts use to be such a big thing for me in my early days. But as life went on I stopped being into everything but the music..
Ive never been much of a Stan general I only solidly ever Stanned one group (still do SHINee through and through well previous to that it would been DBSK too but my hope was shattered lol) but I'm a music junkie so I even if I don't stan a group I do listen to their entire discography there's always something for me there.

But if you really like kpop and are happy with it, age doesn't really mean anything, you invest your time in what you chose to and even if you feel you don't want to really participate in the fandom culture like the young ones, you don't have to but that doesn't me you have to drop your interest in the music itself.
Yes kpop caters more to those younger hence younger idols, more visual based concepts, fun songs but with each generation the fans tend to grow with there idols, so the relatability is more apparent to them,
Rather than let's say a 40 year old jamming out to NCT dream per say (i jam to NCT dream proudly so idgf lol)
I'm 2nd Gen, I had 2pm, 2ne1, Snsd, fx, big bang, ss501, rain, dbsk, suju, kara, sistar.. Etc most of them are gone.. Or just not putting out music like they use to cause we grew up, both idol and fans, however my interest in the music hasnt wavered as its the music that interested me in the first place.
So I still be jamming to kpop probably into my old age, my grandkids will probably think I'm super hip or super lame so be it, I like what I like. ^^
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Nope. Like what you like.

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT U WANNA DO OR GONNA DO"banna_Leamon Gone WIld (it a jpop)
No you better back off

The bitch is back on
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
You're from Russia right? We have the same ethnicity and age, I turn 21 in December too :jisoosmh:

And no I don't think there's an age limit. In some kpop communities I'm on the older side but there are actually servers and communities where I'm one of the younger ones still, so it's definitely not as universal as it may seem.
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
You're never too old for music in a certain language. If you're invested in toxic twitter stan culture, then maybe 20 is a bit too old. But you don't seem like the type to be ^^
There's no age limit for enjoying anything.
Ngl I used to be really toxic at some point lol. Quitting the previous forum and joining KS made me more peaceful ^^
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
.... So we're complaining about 20's being too old...
I shall just walk my 30 year old butt out then.. :sadcat:

Lol but seriously, I've been listening to kpop for a good 12 years now. I think as you get older (and hopefully focus on your real life) you start to kinda fade from the fandom stuff. Like for the first 2-3 years of kpop for me I had time to keep up and invest myself into more than the music, variety and concepts use to be such a big thing for me in my early days. But as life went on I stopped being into everything but the music..
Ive never been much of a Stan general I only solidly ever Stanned one group (still do SHINee through and through well previous to that it would been DBSK too but my hope was shattered lol) but I'm a music junkie so I even if I don't stan a group I do listen to their entire discography there's always something for me there.

But if you really like kpop and are happy with it, age doesn't really mean anything, you invest your time in what you chose to and even if you feel you don't want to really participate in the fandom culture like the young ones, you don't have to but that doesn't me you have to drop your interest in the music itself.
Yes kpop caters more to those younger hence younger idols, more visual based concepts, fun songs but with each generation the fans tend to grow with there idols, so the relatability is more apparent to them,
Rather than let's say a 40 year old jamming out to NCT dream per say (i jam to NCT dream proudly so idgf lol)
I'm 2nd Gen, I had 2pm, 2ne1, Snsd, fx, big bang, ss501, rain, dbsk, suju, kara, sistar.. Etc most of them are gone.. Or just not putting out music like they use to cause we grew up, both idol and fans, however my interest in the music hasnt wavered as its the music that interested me in the first place.
So I still be jamming to kpop probably into my old age, my grandkids will probably think I'm super hip or super lame so be it, I like what I like. ^^
Actually 30 isn't what I ever considered old haha, I suppose I just never expected myself to grow up to be an adult and that's what is disappointing me.
And I really agree with what you said, my interest about stuff like charts and everything keep fading.
You always seemed like a mature stan to me BTW, and you look pretty cute and young on top of that, I doubt it would look weird if you become a granny kpop stan someday lol
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
You're from Russia right? We have the same ethnicity and age, I turn 21 in December too :jisoosmh:

And no I don't think there's an age limit. In some kpop communities I'm on the older side but there are actually servers and communities where I'm one of the younger ones still, so it's definitely not as universal as it may seem.
YES lol but why did I think you were a teen :sanathink:

I'm not fully Russian but only for part, wish I was though since being full Russian would guarantee me being pretty :pepecry2:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
YES lol but why did I think you were a teen :sanathink:

I'm not fully Russian but only for part, wish I was though since being full Russian would guarantee me being pretty :pepecry2:
Well when we first met I was a teen :wimwim:
And I'm not 100% Russian either, I have some German and Jewish blood too. But I'm mostly russian
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I mean, it's music. I only got into K-Pop when I was 17 and now I'm in my 20s and it doesn't feel unnatural for me to be a fan. I'm no longer as interested as I used to be but I still follow the genre. It's not like I'm doing anything weird anyway. I'm mostly here for the music and entertainment anyway and non K-Pop fans in their 20s also like music and entertainment. It's just in a foreign language but I don't see why that should be an issue just because I'm an adult now.
 
Joined
19 March 2019
Messages
209
Reactions Received
716
Location
piloting through the galaxy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
it's music so no, there's no real age restriction to liking it! it's just music in a different language and just because idols and the average fan get younger while you get older doesn't mean you should stop liking it. maybe stan twt will get on your nerves more when you get older, but that's not at all what k-pop is. i've only been into kpop for a couple of years and turn 21 this year too so i feel like i'm right in the middle: i'm not liking as many newer groups anymore, but i still love listening to k-pop a lot.

from a lot of 20+ k-pop fans I've met, this is the case for a lot of them too- they just stick to listening to the groups they loved for years for the most part. it would surprise me when people my sister's age and older than 30 that i used to talk to knew more about/stanned recently debuted groups than i do lol.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread