Is anyone worried about Elkie's solo debut? (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
203
Reactions Received
788
Location
Loonaverse
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm not exactly a clc stan but they have good songs. They are extremely underrated... are you worried about her solo? I kinda am... I mean I don't exactly see an amazing promotion from Cube... the solo was announced so half assed if I may say...

I don't really know about individial popularity for clc members... but does she has enough individual stans so another amazing song won't flop? I mostly like their music I don't pay that much attention to the members, so I don't really know which one is the most popular.

What should cube really do to make this solo a success?

Announcing her solo like 3 days before she drops a solo doesn't really do much. Even soloist who don't need huge promotion announce "this female idol will have a comeback next month" they don't really tell exact date but people at least get hyped.

I also think pics as a teaser don't really create a hype like a short MV teaser.
At least they could release MV teaser on cube's channel to gain a little bit of attention for her.

The most likes on Elkie's teaser pic is 1.4k on clc's fb page.
So why wouldn't you rather create hype on yt channel with 1.7M subscribers and idk... posting short teasers for at least a week.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
I'm not exactly a clc stan but they have good songs. They are extremely underrated... are you worried about her solo? I kinda am... I mean I don't exactly see an amazing promotion from Cube... the solo was announced so half assed if I may say...

I don't really know about individial popularity for clc members... but does she has enough individual stans so another amazing song won't flop? I mostly like their music I don't pay that much attention to the members, so I don't really know which one is the most popular.

What should cube really do to make this solo a success?

Announcing her solo like 3 days before she drops a solo doesn't really do much. Even soloist who don't need huge promotion announce "this female idol will have a comeback next month" they don't really tell exact date but people at least get hyped.

I also think pics as a teaser don't really create a hype like a short MV teaser.
At least they could release MV teaser on cube's channel to gain a little bit of attention for her.

The most likes on Elkie's teaser pic is 1.4k on clc's fb page.
So why wouldn't you rather create hype on yt channel with 1.7M subscribers and idk... posting short teasers for at least a week.
Yeah cube is doing a bad job at promoting, i hope it does good on release.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I know it won't really be a commercial success, and I guess Cube does too. 3 days is an extremely short window but with CLC's sales and charting over the years, I'm not sure if an extended promo would've really helped much. So Cube probably decided to cut costs lol.

It sucks, but I'm only looking at this solo as an opportunity for Elkie to show what she got. She's my favorite in her group so I'm curious to see what kinda music she debuts with.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Cube doesn't really do a good job at promoting CLC any other time so I'm not surprised.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread