Is bad grammar a big turn off for you? (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Everything’s a turn off unless you’re jimin
E1A5CF24-23B1-44F5-A986-5E2898E259A8.jpeg
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
My favorite part of being a mod is when I get permission to correct grammar :maheart:
I do understand its not everyones first language I just like how proper grammar sounds better
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Yeah. I will admit that sometimes I get my grammar wrong without thinking about it, but seeing native English speakers using certain words incorrectly drives me nuts.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It drives me so crazy.
A few errors here and there are fine but if it's to the point where it's borderline incoherent, I get so annoyed
 

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & 🍀
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Definitely (speaking of my first language, Portuguese, tho). But I think rather than bad grammar being a turn off, finding a person with amazing knowledge of the Portuguese language makes me 10x more interested.

My English is average, so sorry if one of my mistakes were a turn off for any of you in the past :yolk:
 
Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
1,009
Reactions Received
3,554
Location
SHINee Academy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Not really. Unless it gets to the point where I literally can't understand a single thing you're saying- then idc

not that I can judge anyway
 
  • Like
Reactions: Midnight

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Not particularly. If we're talking about texting and forum post its fine as long as it's cohorent, considering i'm intelligent enough to understand what they mean, there would be no point to ask them to fix it. If its not i would just ask them what they meant and correct them so its easier for them in the furture to communicate something. I don't expect people to type correctly (which can be long and tedious) considering majority of people who are native english speakers do not use correct grammar to begin with when they speak, more so localised colloquial speech.

Unless i'm proof reading an essay or a fanfic for someone else, i couldn't give two shits.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Midnight

Foxia

.
Joined
14 May 2019
Messages
942
Reactions Received
2,692
Location
Hope World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Dutch language; YES. Some small mistakes can happen (it happens to me as well) but I just can't handle bad Dutch grammar (unless you're foreign and trying to learn because it's a difficult language)
My BF is excellent in Dutch and English grammar, so that's a big win.

I don't mind English
 
  • Like
Reactions: Midnight

Bom

Joined
25 May 2019
Messages
83
Reactions Received
226
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Bad grammar doesn't bother me much, especially online as you never know if English is someone's first language.
In real life though especially in work it does annoy me a bit. Like if you're going to send an email out at least make sure grammar and spelling are correct.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
In romanian, yes. I graduated with a Communication and PR diploma so I tend to be a bit more careful about grammar and stuff. I mean a few mistakes don't bother me that much, there may be more difficult words, but there are people that don't use commas and just make a 3 rows phrase without any commas, question marks or anything :welp:
For non-natives is perfectly fine. I mean if I understand what they want to say, I think is cute that they're trying. I know I make a lot of English mistakes as well so... I'm sorry
 

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
It depends, honestly. I mean... I'm not going to get nitpicky over every little mistake. Not everyone is going to be a perfect "English Major" poster child. I also 100% understand when English isn't someone's native language.

But if English is your native language and you can't differentiate between simple words like it's, its, they're, there, their, etc... we're gonna have a problem.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread