Is it bad if someone doesn't like dark skin and doesn't find it pretty? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
As somebody with pale skin, this is part of the reason why I am (I’m anaemic and asthmatic) and I can’t tan at all. I’m used to it, but the day I can go out without wearing a bit of blusher will be a happy day.
Yep. Those are the common traits associated with extremely pale skin, anemia and asthma. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I mean some people even have a preference for it. I was just trying to point out why that stereotype came to be in the first place. I don't think it had any underlying meaning to it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bopper and kuro
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Yep. Those are the common traits associated with extremely pale skin, anemia and asthma. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I mean some people even have a preference for it. I was just trying to point out why that stereotype came to be in the first place. I don't think it had any underlying meaning to it.
Oh I understood what you meant, I was just saying I’m a living example of it. It’s ironic that countries like South Korea buy whitening products to make themselves paler, whilst some pale people try everything they can to be darker. In a way the products mean everybody wins and loses at the same time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I mean there's a whole history of racism against people with darker skin tones that answers your question lol

Also, the skin bleaching business is super profitable and receives less negative attention than the tanning industry does. I've heard bad things all my life about tanning and how it can be bad for your health but i've very rarely heard anything about the bleaching industry which is just as dangerous if not more.

This is kind of the same argument of fat vs skinny shaming where people fail to acknowledge the systematic hatred and degradation of one in society and how that is way more damaging because it is so ingrained into people.

You don't have as large of numbers of people wanting to be darker skinned or fatter, but you have huge numbers of people hating their skin for being too dark and a epidemic of people developing eating disorders because they don't want to be fat.

So short version: light skin dislike is not systematic like dark skin hatred.
I don't care what skin color someone has

Reminds me of the time Ariana Grande got dragged cuz she tanned. TANNED
Actually, I believe people were accusing her of blackfishing. She's progressively gotten tanner throughout her career which isn't a problem but that combined with the lyrics and aesthetics she's had lately has had people questioning her.

Considering the stuff she's done with the LGBTQ+ community it's not far fetched for people to think she's trying to appear "black" or darker to appeal to certain audiences more.
 
Last edited:

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Actually, I believe people were accusing her of blackfishing. She's progressively gotten tanner throughout her career which isn't a problem but that combined with the lyrics and aesthetics she's had lately has had people questioning her.
Yes, but the blackfishing was the way she spoke and the fact she got more tan than before.
Thing is, couple of months before, it was known that Ari was like 1/10th North-African and black people said "Y'all whites can't have her she's black".
But then they accuse her of blackfishing.
Also, her language that was the blackfishing incident was from a clip and it was more sassy talking than "talking black"
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I understand preferances, but I don't really understand any kind of mm conclusive statements. Like for me no matter what skin color, I can't say I wouldn't find some people that have that skin color pretty, attractive or so on even if it wasn't my favored color.

But I have noticed than whenever I create characters myself on games or other purposes.. well pretty much just games xd , I pretty much always go from palest white available (there often isn't option pale enough where are my vampiric whites :yolk: ) to tan, it's lot more difficult for me to create character that I'd be satisfied with that is darker. It can be somewhat due to options provided, somewhat due to familiarity, idk.

Overall I don't think it's harmful as one persons opinion and preference, but it's pretty harmful if it turn into some kind of wide spread preference (like it kinda has..) and looking down towards certain skin colors while praising others.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yes, but the blackfishing was the way she spoke and the fact she got more tan than before.
Thing is, couple of months before, it was known that Ari was like 1/10th North-African and black people said "Y'all whites can't have her she's black".
But then they accuse her of blackfishing.
Also, her language that was the blackfishing incident was from a clip and it was more sassy talking than "talking black"
There's the 7 rings video though where her lyrics were criticized too though.

That sounds like a joke and not something serious though.

With the 7 rings stuff people are more angry because it seems like another white artist stealing from black artist. The song and MV were heavily criticized for that and that gave way to people accusing her of black fishing
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: Belgizen and kuro

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
There's the 7 rings video though where her lyrics were criticized too though.

That sounds like a joke and not something serious though.

With the 7 rings stuff people are more angry because it seems like another white artist stealing from black artist. The song and MV were heavily criticized for that and that gave way to people accusing her of black fishing
ari is black fishing? :umwhat:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: QueenB

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
I've never really gave a shit about skin tone tbh.
But many people seem too, yes it can be a preference to a degree but that doesn't mean people should shit all over other people's skin tones.
I kinda find it weird that people find certain skin tones ugly tbh.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
ari is black fishing? :umwhat:
Yeah she got a lot of accusations of that after that video. + plagiarism that pretty much led to the black fishing stuff.

But everything around that song was a mess. My brother only refers to her as BBQ grill now
 
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: jasque and kuro

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah she got a lot of accusations of that after that video. + plagiarism that pretty much led to the black fishing stuff.

But everything around that song was a mess. My brother only refers to her as BBQ grill now
I'll admit, 7 rings wasn't the best, but it wasn't a mess
poor ari, I don't think she's blackfishing, but who knows
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'll admit, 7 rings wasn't the best, but it wasn't a mess
poor ari, I don't think she's blackfishing, but who knows
Eh, she's sketchy af to me.

I like her music and I didn't think she deserved hate for her break up stuff and mac miller's suicide but I think a lot of criticism of her is fair.

But I also haven't trusted her personality since donut gate. Anybody who is rude to customer service people I'm immediately suspicious of tbh
 
  • Sad
Reactions: kuro

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Eh, she's sketchy af to me.

I like her music and I didn't think she deserved hate for her break up stuff and mac miller's suicide but I think a lot of criticism of her is fair.

But I also haven't trusted her personality since donut gate. Anybody who is rude to customer service people I'm immediately suspicious of tbh
she's grown a lot since then though
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Personally, I never cared all that much about skin tone. I've seen gorgeous people of all skin tones. It's best to pay more attention to personality and how one carried themselves imho.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
Because people with darker skin color have always been harasse for their skin color in comparison of Pale skin color
 
Joined
3 March 2019
Messages
507
Reactions Received
1,807
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
well personally I prefer tan skin ..not too white and not too dark. The most attractive idols to me have tanned skin (ie. Yuri, Jennie, Kai etc.) But I think anyone can be attractive regardless of skin tone. I don’t think a preference is racist, I think I prefer tanner skin because I grew up with a lot of hispanic people in my area and all my friends had tanned skin (im white) so i think thats why I find tanner skin more attractive. I agree its hypocritical that people cant whiten their skin bc its ‘self hatred’ but tanning is okay... when it’s the same thing. I think people should just do what they want and like what they want it’s no big deal imo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
There's the 7 rings video though where her lyrics were criticized too though.

That sounds like a joke and not something serious though.

With the 7 rings stuff people are more angry because it seems like another white artist stealing from black artist. The song and MV were heavily criticized for that and that gave way to people accusing her of black fishing
I heard some things about that vid and it was controversial but it sampled a lot of existing songs I heard
Thing is, it's very hypocritical to "claim" a white-looking artist cuz she's a certain amount of black and then turn around a few months later calling her out for blackfishing and stealing a black artist's song when she was claimed as black to begin with.
I don't even like Ariana Grande but it's damn
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
301
Reactions Received
1,484
Location
the LOONAverse
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think it’s ok to have a preference as long as you don’t hate on people that don’t fit your preference.
Personally, I have to go this a lot; thinking im not pretty enough since im a dark skinned person compared to the beauty that a lighter skinned person has and, admittedly, it kinda hurts me to see people not attracted to me purely because I don’t fit their desired skin color because of how dark I am, but that’s just life and I’m still learning how to get over it
:pikahappy:
But all in all I don’t have a preference in skin color
🤷‍♀️
 
  • Like
Reactions: melancholia

melancholia

i love yall <3
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,178
Reactions Received
14,722
Location
twice and loona's heart
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I'd rather be pale than my skin tone right now
I'm indian, my skin is so dark omg

literally this dark (maybe even darker)


I hate it so much, people judge me all the time
Sis, youre beautiful no matter what!
 
  • Love
Reactions: jasque and kuro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viewing thread