Is it okay not to listen to an album if you dislike its single? (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
True, my main Spotify Kpop playlist is like 370 songs, over 24 hours of runtime. And except a select few B-sides they're mostly titles lol.

I do have some albums of my faves saved so if I want to listen to B-sides I check them out separately, but most of the time I play my main playlist on shuffle so.
SM groups alone could make 24 hours :nekosweat:

I usually am the same way with listening to mostly titles and i'll only go to a bside when I wanna listen to a specific bside and usually it's a really good bside like Checkmate or Labyrinth
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I only listen to albums from groups I stan, cases where I get recommended a beside or the album, or cases where it's a group I don't Stan that has a really good title. Sure I miss out on a lot of bops but K-pop is just a hobby and I'm a little picky so it would probably take a lot of listening to find ones that I really like.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I used to try to listen to every Kpop album after its release because I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on anything but, I realized that it started to become stressful and a hobby is supposed to be fun at least for me it is, so I stopped doing that. For the groups I stan I check out everything of theirs. If I like the title track of another group then I’ll check out the b-sides or if it’s a group that I know I usually like a few of their b-sides like Red Velvet or Oneus then I’ll check that album out as well.
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I try to listen to everyone. If I hear what I like then I'll save them to my library. I don't really consider the title tracks either.
But K-Pop is a busy genre of music. I can hardly even keep up with the groups I stan much less other groups that I'm
becoming fond of.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
honestly it's really hard..... back then we only had Wonder girls bigbang 2pm suju shinee TVXQ girls generation Miss A 2NE1 Sistar and few smaller groups like beast 2AM mblaq infinite and some solo artists.... they were all interesting and do different things... but nowadays there are way too many idol groups and they almost all sound the same carbon copy from each other with the same music..... it's just impossible... there are days where there are 5 albums being released and the next day another 4 albums....... like damn i would never have the time.... i just listen to the groups that i find interesting if it's the concept or the genre of music they make. i mostly listen to big 3 groups tho.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
I usually listen to the full albums of my top 5-10 artists, but if a group’s title track stands out to me, I will listen to a few of its b-sides.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,415
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I only listen to albums that i buy.
I only buy albums of groups i trust or groups i am in the process of trusting. (unless i am in Korea then i may take a flyer on a act i am thinking about.)
Never in my life have i bought or listened to an artists albums without being super interested in them or back in the day really really liked the title and bought the tape or cd used.
I have 100's of artists albums across most genres, but that model is consistent.
In fact i buy more kpop new by % than any other genre (course used kpop is like impossible )
and i just do not stream if i am at a computer i am checking stuff i like not streaming random acts.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
It does make sense, and here's another example, I just heard this mini cause it's 5 songs only:



Intro opens really bad-ass, telling you this is gonna get good and heavy. Then, the title song Sorry Mama is, in my opinion, dreadful and I can describe the chorus as "nagging singing". Then you get to Go Up, which is a PENTAGON's jjijjiri type and an amazing song. Elevator is another amazing track and in my opinion this should have been the title track. Finally, Samsung is sort of a rap-filler, but has a nice flow. For example I'm glad I heard this album, but more often than not I'll spend 20 minutes on an album that's worthless in my opinion.
I listened to it~ Honestly I probably won't listen again as it's not my style but it was enjoyable for what it is~ I did like the new vibe with Go Up after Sorry Mama, it was a really nice contrast but not too much to be jarring.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Administrator2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread