Is there any hope left for red velvet? (1 Viewer)

Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
Or are they just fx 2.0.. that group that is always in the mix of top tier but never actually top tier.

I personally think that they have about 1 year left. If they dont have either.

An international hit, at the same or higher level as bad boy or a hit as big as red flavor in Korea, if they have none then they will never revive and be swallowed by all these new gg's. They will always have irene as their visual but ultimately the group will be kinda doomed without her like missa and Suzy.

Let's hope for a RV hit soon!

What do you think?

 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I foresee more tours and solo work this year.
SM never completely gives up on a group, they just stop trying (which they kinda have)
Red Velvet stopping completely depends on the members and the fandom, that's why f(x) isn't around anymore.
Their physicals are pretty good, the fandom is solid (SM's main priority), the tour is successful and the members have avoid a crippling disaster.
SM has no reason to completely scrap them, even if NGG is rolling out at some point.
We'll see if SM still cares about the GP or is forcing RV completely onto their fandom in May
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
I foresee more tours and solo work this year.
SM never completely gives up on a group, they just stop trying (which they kinda have)
Red Velvet stopping completely depends on the members and the fandom, that's why f(x) isn't around anymore.
Their physicals are pretty good, the fandom is solid (SM's main priority), the tour is successful and the members have avoid a crippling disaster.
SM has no reason to completely scrap them, even if NGG is rolling out at some point.
We'll see if SM still cares about the GP or is forcing RV completely onto their fandom in May
SM definitely won't give up on RV and to be fair it was actually Sulli and Victoria who gave up on fx. Not sm.

Sm are still trying with trax and they were a group from 2006 who never had any success. SM are quite stubborn with their artist.

I just fear for their popularity and success is all.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
SM definitely won't give up on RV and to be fair it was actually Sulli and Victoria who gave up on fx. Not sm.

Sm are still trying with trax and they were a group from 2006 who never had any success. SM are quite stubborn with their artist.

I just fear for their popularity and success is all.
Trax is still a thing? Yikes
Popularity wise, Red Velvet is done and I think SM is done trying to make them more popular
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
It does feel like they have peaked or should I say plateaued. It's not a bad place to be at where they are rn, but they really need another hit. Power Up got PAKs but fell off the charts pretty quick, I'd say it was more on the back of RF/Bad Boy hype. And RBB didn't do well.

Come back with another hit and they should be solid again, but I don't see the fandom or popularity growing by that much again.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,700
Reactions Received
93,504
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,153
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I am not thrilled they are coming back in May, the last time a sm gg came back in may was fx ES.
i think Shinee was working that 3 part album in may last yearor so
Spring seem to be a solo time for sm.
It may work out if the song is a summer song and its late may. Many groups have already come back.
But that would be crazy as sm has miss-timed RV cbs for the entire life span of the group.

They more than any other sm gg depend on connecting with non fans.
 
Last edited:
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
1,180
Reactions Received
4,085
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm 50/50 on this one.
They have strong fanbase from what I've seen and they're all extremely talented too might I add.

I think this all depends on SM right now, he seems to be focusing mostly on NCT right now. But I feel like that might change. If SM doesn't promote Red Velvet and if he doesn't give a hit song like for example Likey was? Not sure if it was Likey but anyways it would need to be friendly song really. But I feel like at the same time he is experimenting which can be bad and good, good bc he might hit the right spot and might continue with it, while bad he keeps experimenting and doesn't see improvement.
I feel like he should continue with the Red Flavour or Bad Boy vibe, imo Red Flavour kinda songs might just be the best for them.
Public might love it and would stream, not hardcore like fanbase but would still give a listen which might hit big.

Also his ass needs to get back f(x) but I guess I see why he's doing what he's doing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Trax is still a thing? Yikes
They're rebranded as TraxX and are now a Rock-EDM group with a new member (DJ Ginjo who looks like Minho if you squint).
 
Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
20
Reactions Received
64
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Just chill and wait, they will release another RF or Badboy and all people will hype it up again. At this point SM really trying to expand their solo activity, especially after we see how active SM promote wendy and yeri, the least promoted RV member
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
They could've been S tier, like TWICE and BP if the follow up to RF wasn't PAB. They got their MEGA hit but SM didn't capitalize on that leaving RF itself to seem like it wasn't as big of hit too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I've never considered Red Velvet to be f(x) 2.0. I love the members and their (older) discography. However, since Peek-A-Boo era I haven't liked their music as much. I love Bad Boy and a few bsides since then, but I'm not really obsessed with their music like I used to be. I'm on the verge of unstanning if their next comeback isn't something that I like. I'll still love the members though. I highly doubt that they only have a year left. They have done fairly well with their tour, got a PAK with Power Up, and still have a pretty good fanbase. I don't see them going anywhere. I think they just need to have another hit like Power Up or Bad Boy to get back up to where they were.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,700
Reactions Received
93,504
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,153
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I feel like RV is perfectly fine, seeing as how their floppiest flop RBB sold almost 100k :seokeyes:
The velvet is a bigger digital flop (and actually the red aka dumb dumb is the next worse selling)
But RBB is far and away the worst digital title song with an album ever by red velvet. OOTN crushes it close to 2-1

Physicals are a trailing indicator kinda a reflection of previous work much of the time especially early sales. RBB is most ly all early sales
where as most of teh older RV albums have serious continuing sales.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Walnutt

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
The velvet is a bigger digital flop (and actually the red aka dumb dumb is the next worse selling)
But RBB is far and away the worst digital title song with an album ever by red velvet. OOTN crushes it close to 2-1

Physicals are a trailing indicator kinda a reflection of previous work much of the time especially early sales. RBB is most ly all early sales
where as most of teh older RV albums have serious continuing sales.
I disagree with physicals being an outdated indicator. JYP said it best when he talked about how physical sales are his number one criteria to understand how big a group's true popularity is. Actual fans are the ones who buy the physical copies; the same fans tend to buy merch and will buy tickets to concerts so physicals tend to show the trajectory of other money-making areas for the group.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,700
Reactions Received
93,504
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,153
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I disagree with physicals being an outdated indicator. JYP said it best when he talked about how physical sales are his number one criteria to understand how big a group's true popularity is. Actual fans are the ones who buy the physical copies; the same fans tend to buy merch and will buy tickets to concerts so physicals tend to show the trajectory of other money-making areas for the group.
not outdated , but trailing. You can have an album that sucks and with the culture of preorder/ early buy/fan sign still have super big numbers. But the effects of that will be in following albums.
RV has about a third to a quarter of say twices numbers maybe a tad higher because for some reason Reveluvs are much more likely to buy physical/ or dl that to stream on any platform.
 

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
not outdated , but trailing. You can have an album that sucks and with the culture of preorder/ early buy/fan sign still have super big numbers. But the effects of that will be in following albums.
RV has about a third to a quarter of say twices numbers maybe a tad higher because for some reason Reveluvs are much more likely to buy physical/ or dl that to stream on any platform.
Idk, I feel like I always see people calling the end of RV despite the fact that they're doing just fine. People will always say a group is starting to fail; hell, people are saying that about BP because they're not getting an allkill in Korea (because Bol4 monsters are taking over) despite the fact that they're leading 33 country's music charts including the US.

Everything's fine with RV
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread