Is there something... (1 Viewer)

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
You thought you'd never be able to do, but you did it somehow?

Me:

- Defeating Great Jaggi (it isn't even that difficult)
- Getting a job (and not getting fired for lazing around)​
- Finishing long animes and books
- Learning newest yugioh rules​
- Graduating college


 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
- Defeating Great Jaggi (it isn't even that difficult)
lol. For a second I thought you meant Lord Jabu Jabu from Ocarina of Time... Then I remembered he's not a boss 😩
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
live through my darkest days so far
move away to another country and function independently
have romantic relationships
Oh yeah, i forgot the third one too

I was sure I was 100% incapable lel
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Find close friends that I could depend on.
I moved around so much as a child, whenever I got the chance to have a close relationship with someone, I moved away. I've finally found a place where I belong and feel happy and I thought I could never feel that way.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
-I learned Sudoku and I never thought I'd be able to do that.
-I finished the 2nd Book of Kings in like 2 days.
- Learning newest yugioh rules
I don't think any of us who grew up with Yugioh will learn these rules... And if/when we do we will want to invade Konami like Hitler did Poland...
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
lol. For a second I thought you meant Lord Jabu Jabu from Ocarina of Time... Then I remembered he's not a boss 😩
The only Zelda I finished was Four Swords, I think that doesnt count a lot xD
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
-I learned Sudoku and I never thought I'd be able to do that.
-I finished the 2nd Book of Kings in like 2 days.

I don't think any of us who grew up with Yugioh will learn these rules... And if/when we do we will want to invade Konami like Hitler did Poland...
I still hate the neverending turns though, but now I can do long turns too xD
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
The only Zelda I finished was Four Swords, I think that doesnt count a lot xD
lol. To be honest, I used a walkthrough. For many Zelda games, I've noticed that the bosses have a particular weakness and if you exploit it enough times they are done... Like in Link to the Past there's a snake boss and if you hit the last ball of his tail three times he dies... but I always fell off the ledge like 100x times before getting there and if you fall you have to get back there and the hits don't count so you have to get three all over again... that was tedious.

But in Ocarina of Time most of the hard work is working your way through the temples to get to the boss and getting lost... and there's this 8 year old you have to carry around in this whale and it gets frustrating because she won't get with the program.
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
  1. Adult (hardcore adulting - literally still don't feel like I'm past high school most days)
  2. Get an adult job, keep it, and excel at it (despite always working hard and wanting to do well, I struggled with attendance for a while in prior jobs due to anxiety I wasn't aware I had at the time)
  3. Take care of myself/my health/my responsibilities (I honestly never thought I'd be able to see the OBGYN and be diagnosed with something I'd have to keep up with diligently with medication, diet and exercise changes, and visits back to the doctor for check ups on it, but I'm doing it. I also took almost a year to get a lot of dental work done, entirely on my own)
  4. Drive a car (when I was younger, I never thought I'd be able to haha - I've been driving for the past 13 years now though as if I'd been driving my whole life - this includes having driven a large U-Haul truck over highways and three hour trips back and forth)
  5. Travel to another state via airplane, on my own
  6. Travel to another state on my own for a concert
  7. See Korean artists in concert, life and in person
  8. Lose weight on my own
  9. Find help for my severe depression
  10. Flip a house for sale
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
lol. To be honest, I used a walkthrough. For many Zelda games, I've noticed that the bosses have a particular weakness and if you exploit it enough times they are done... Like in Link to the Past there's a snake boss and if you hit the last ball of his tail three times he dies... but I always fell off the ledge like 100x times before getting there and if you fall you have to get back there and the hits don't count so you have to get three all over again... that was tedious.

But in Ocarina of Time most of the hard work is working your way through the temples to get to the boss and getting lost... and there's this 8 year old you have to carry around in this whale and it gets frustrating because she won't get with the program.
I wish the timeline made more sense xD

I think I will play more of them at some point
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
  1. Adult (hardcore adulting - literally still don't feel like I'm past high school most days)
  2. Get an adult job, keep it, and excel at it (despite always working hard and wanting to do well, I struggled with attendance for a while in prior jobs due to anxiety I wasn't aware I had at the time)
  3. Take care of myself/my health/my responsibilities (I honestly never thought I'd be able to see the OBGYN and be diagnosed with something I'd have to keep up with diligently with medication, diet and exercise changes, and visits back to the doctor for check ups on it, but I'm doing it. I also took almost a year to get a lot of dental work done, entirely on my own)
  4. Drive a car (when I was younger, I never thought I'd be able to haha - I've been driving for the past 13 years now though as if I'd been driving my whole life - this includes having driven a large U-Haul truck over highways and three hour trips back and forth)
  5. Travel to another state via airplane, on my own
  6. Travel to another state on my own for a concert
  7. See Korean artists in concert, life and in person
  8. Lose weight on my own
  9. Find help for my severe depression
  10. Flip a house for sale
Ah yeah, I got a driver license somehow too

Also I thought I'd never be able to use bank checks.
I still don't know how they work, but they are mostly useless anyway.

I rely more on cards
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I think I will play more of them at some point
Yeah, I heard some good things about Breath of the Wind... Well actual I saw my nephew playing it a while ago. I'll be picking up the Nintendo Switch in a few months and might play that after Let's Play and Sword and Shield...

Edit: Actually Its called Let's Go not Let's Play. Just had to correct myself
 
Last edited:
Joined
31 May 2019
Messages
411
Reactions Received
895
Location
LOONAVERSE
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
this thread is really reassuring. i'm doubting myself in many ways since i'll be an adult soon and it's nice to know a lot of users had the same doubts and overcame them :pandalove:

now here's my kiddy list:
1. finish a super long anime
2. finish a super long book
3. join a sport's club and excel at it (i practice fencing btw)
4. break free from a toxic friendship
5. decide the career i want to pursue
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread